Incarnate Word FSOP Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omnipotent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that there was no thread for this upcoming cycle so I made one.

Is anyone else applying to this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like no one is applying here! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
how competitive is this school? I'm from California..

how competitive is this school? I'm from California..

So I think about 800-900 applicants applied 2011-2012 cycle, 350 interviews and 100 accepted. Out of those 100, 20 were out of states and maybe 20-30 from wait list got accepted into the school

:thumbup:

yes I am applying for class 2017 ,but i did bad for my july PCAT 16 composite !!! with a GPA of 3.6.
I am graduating on spring 2013 with my bachelor !

I need some advices:) to improve my score help help !

Really wanted to apply here, but that A&P requirement really just throws off my graduation schedule. Going to see if they will accept Human anatomy and and Human physiology as separate courses =/

Really wanted to apply here, but that A&P requirement really just throws off my graduation schedule. Going to see if they will accept Human anatomy and and Human physiology as separate courses =/

they accept it separately :thumbup:

Thanks! Sent them an email but haven't received a response.
I guess I am applying then =D

Thanks! Sent them an email but haven't received a response.
I guess I am applying then =D

No worries! they are busy with conventions they have to attend and stuff.

I am an out of state student, took anatomy & physiology separately :)

yes I am applying for class 2017 ,but i did bad for my july PCAT 16 composite !!! with a GPA of 3.6.
I am graduating on spring 2013 with my bachelor !

I need some advices:) to improve my score help help !
Don't panic, just focus on improving in the areas that you didn't do so well in. Remember that the PCAT is just 1/4 of the application. I found Dr. Collins PCAT study material to be quite helpful.

Don't panic, just focus on improving in the areas that you didn't do so well in. Remember that the PCAT is just 1/4 of the application. I found Dr. Collins PCAT study material to be quite helpful.

are you going to attend FSOP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Klassy J; I am study hard on the Math and verbal ability were i did very bad for the September PCAT. Are you ready for your pharmcas application?

Yes, finished it just need to pay and complete my supplementals.

Supplemental is a piece of cake! They don't require essays...haha :)

Supplemental is a piece of cake! They don't require essays...haha :)
I know it's nothing compared to the other 300 supplementals I have to complete for all of the other schools I am applying to (not 300 literally....lol).

I know it's nothing compared to the other 300 supplementals I have to complete for all of the other schools I am applying to (not 300 literally....lol).

You should also apply to University of Colorado (No essays)! :thumbup:

FYI, I have an orientation tomorrow for that school...haha (already accepted and attending this fall) so if you have any questions let me know.

FYI, I have an orientation tomorrow for that school...haha (already accepted and attending this fall) so if you have any questions let me know.
Cool, congrats.

congratulation. I thought you were applying for class 2017 ? How did you get in earlier?

What's the typical "minimum" for PCAT score in actually getting an interview invite? (from past statistics?)

I am that "gh0lee" guy :smuggrin:

I remade my account.

The average PCAT accepted into the Class of 2016 is around 50-60

I am that "gh0lee" guy :smuggrin:

I remade my account.

The average PCAT accepted into the Class of 2016 is around 50-60

thank you! I wonder why the school don't post it though; or maybe I missed it. What about GPA?

thank you! I wonder why the school don't post it though; or maybe I missed it. What about GPA?

I believe it was around 3.3 GPA, and it was also listed on PharmCas...with +- 15% margin of error.

Does anyone know whether non-science prerequisites have to be completed by spring or summer?

All the prerequisites need to be completed before entering the program in August 2013.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

- As long as you have both courses complete then you will be ok.

And if you have a degree, then the core classes requirements are going to be waivered!

Anyone have interviews yet? I have done the supplemental, just waiting for PharmCAS to be verified..

Anyone have interviews yet? I have done the supplemental, just waiting for PharmCAS to be verified..

I believe first patch of interviews will be conducted in December, and another batch will be on Feb :)

I completed everything through PharmCAS and completed my supplemental application. Now it is time to be patient and hope for the best. Hopefully we all get interviewed and get accepted. San Antonio is a fun city.

Good Luck to everyone applying to pharmacy school!

Hey guys! I am a current P1 at UIW FSOP. If you guys have any questions or anything you want to know about this school, feel free to msg me!

When does FSOP start notifying applicants if they get a interview? I sent in my supplemental application in about 2 weeks ago.

When does FSOP start notifying applicants if they get a interview? I sent in my supplemental application in about 2 weeks ago.

There were two interview sessions the year that I applied in. Those two were December, and February. If they do have a December interview, they will notify you during November, and they notify you during December-January for the February interview. My interview was Feb 25th, which was a Saturday. I believe that will be the same case for you guys.

Generally, Interview will take about 4.5 hours consisting of introductions and schedule of events, critical thinking exam, media room-student panel Q&A, tour of the building, interview and spontaneous writing sample. The class of 2016, there were about 350 interviewees and interviews are usually 20 mins long.

Also make sure to consistently email the pharmacy counselors Ms.Dicianna and Liz to keep in good contact. It might help you out later on :)

Hope this helps :thumbup:

There were two interview sessions the year that I applied in. Those two were December, and February. If they do have a December interview, they will notify you during November, and they notify you during December-January for the February interview. My interview was Feb 25th, which was a Saturday. I believe that will be the same case for you guys.

Generally, Interview will take about 4.5 hours consisting of introductions and schedule of events, critical thinking exam, media room-student panel Q&A, tour of the building, interview and spontaneous writing sample. The class of 2016, there were about 350 interviewees and interviews are usually 20 mins long.

Also make sure to consistently email the pharmacy counselors Ms.Dicianna and Liz to keep in good contact. It might help you out later on :)

Hope this helps :thumbup:

thank you very much, i really appreciate you answering my question. Thank you very much.

Do they really require you to turn in a form to show that you have really shadowed a pharmacist for 80 hours? I have shadowed pharmacists, but at the time I wasn't 100% sure that I was going to even apply to pharmacy school.

Do they really require you to turn in a form to show that you have really shadowed a pharmacist for 80 hours? I have shadowed pharmacists, but at the time I wasn't 100% sure that I was going to even apply to pharmacy school.

- Yes

thank you very much, i really appreciate you answering my question. Thank you very much

does anyone know when they will start sending out interview invitations for their next interview date?

I see that there was no thread for this upcoming cycle so I made one.

Is anyone else applying to this school?

Hey, Yes. I've applied. but i haven't heard anything back yet. I also finished my supplemental. does anyone know when they start the interview process?

Hey guys! I am a current P1 at UIW FSOP. If you guys have any questions or anything you want to know about this school, feel free to msg me!

Hey, do you by any chance know when the next interview is going to be? I have finished my application and everything but just waiting to hear back but haven't heard anything.

Hey, do you by any chance know when the next interview is going to be? I have finished my application and everything but just waiting to hear back but haven't heard anything.

If you don't hear from them within the end of this month, they will notify you during December/January for your Feb interview. I highly suggest you contact the counselors (Liz and Dicianna) and keep a good relation with them. Ask questions about the school and stay highly interested.

Received interview invite today for 12/14!

If only it wasn't such an expensive school :(

I just got my interview tonight also! I am so nervous!

Good luck to you all! If you have any questions about the interview process, feel free to shoot me a msg :)

no invite yet :( submitted back in September.

Got my invite last night as well, attending the morning session, anyone else doing morning?

I got mine last night too!!! :)) I'm doing the morning session also,deezy!!