Incarnate Word FSOP Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my interview for Feb as well! Very excited and nervous!

I would also like to know more about the critical thinking exam and spontaneous writing part of the interview.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my interview for Feb as well! Very excited and nervous!

I would also like to know more about the critical thinking exam and spontaneous writing part of the interview.

Thanks!

The Critical thinking exam is nothing to worry about. It was something that you can't prepare for. Just relax and answer to the best of your ability.

Good luck with your interview!!

I got my interview invitation too! Woo too!:D

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who interview next....the interview day is so relaxed so do not worry. The post above was right about the critical skills test, not even a big deal. The writing is also reasonable, you'll see. Overall I was impressed with the program and enjoyed my time at the interview.

The Critical thinking exam is nothing to worry about. It was something that you can't prepare for. Just relax and answer to the best of your ability.

Good luck with your interview!!

Thanks for your response.

Hey guys!

I will be more than happy to answer you any questions regarding to the school and interviews!

Feel free to shoot me a msg!

Best

Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to answer our questions. I am going to have an interview with the school next month. Can you suggest any hotel that is near and have an easy access to the school for the interview? I am wanting to email the school adviser for questions, but all I have is a general email address to the admission dept. I want to be well prepared or at least somewhere along the line. Can you give me some advice for the interview? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!

Can you go more into detail about what the critical thinking exam and spontaneous writing sample? Is it a group interview? TY

Sorry I just saw this. I responded to another post about the critical thinking exam. It is nothing you can prepare. Spontaneos writing is going to be a topic that they will give you about 30 minutes to write on. The one from the December interview was not that hard. There is a group interview panel with current students. As for your actual interview it is by yourself with faculty/student. I had a faculty member and a P4 in my interview. The 20 minute interview flies by. Relax it's more like a conversation than interview. They already know quailfication wise that you are great, now they just want to put your face to your credentials and make sure you have the verbal in person ability as well.

Good luck on your interview...remember be early and RELAX!

Sorry I just saw this. I responded to another post about the critical thinking exam. It is nothing you can prepare. Spontaneos writing is going to be a topic that they will give you about 30 minutes to write on. The one from the December interview was not that hard. There is a group interview panel with current students. As for your actual interview it is by yourself with faculty/student. I had a faculty member and a P4 in my interview. The 20 minute interview flies by. Relax it's more like a conversation than interview. They already know quailfication wise that you are great, now they just want to put your face to your credentials and make sure you have the verbal in person ability as well.

Good luck on your interview...remember be early and RELAX!

Was it an open file interview?? Meaning your application, scores, and averages were on the table? Or closed file? How long after the interview did u hear back from them?? Thanks in advance!

It's closed file....interviewed dec 14 and got my acceptance email on jan 11.

Sorry for the late reply everyone! I was getting involved in PDC and also got a job at walgreens, so definitely time consuming ^^

As for the interviews go, people have answered a lot of questions before me. But it is a closed file interview, so prepare your speech about yourself and what you want to make them know about you. Also, they ask about block scheduling (how it works, etc), the founder of the school, curriculum, why did you choose this school, extracurricular (will ask you specific events regarding to your leadership positions, volunteering experience, etc). It would be a great idea to throw the interviewers in the spotlight when they ask "do you have any questions for us?" section. You guys should ask something like what kind of books or magazines do you recommend that can better myself both scientifically and life itself. As you know, it's not just them interviewing you, but you are also interviewing them to know about school and to make them nervous as well..haha

As far as the essay goes, it's a general guideline within the field of pharmacy. I don't know what they'll ask since it's probably different every year.

For the critical thinking exam, the most close that would be correlated to is the LSAT...specifically the logic section. You might want to stop by at a bookstore and take a look at it to get a feel of it :) I think there were around 33 questions, and have about 45 minutes to answer it.

I hope I answered most of your questions or concerns!

Anyone still waiting to hear about an interview? I submitted my application through pharmcas on 11/23/12 and my supplemental soon after and still have not heard anything.

Anyone still waiting to hear about an interview? I submitted my application through pharmcas on 11/23/12 and my supplemental soon after and still have not heard anything.
I too am waiting. I called and spoke to one of the counselors two weeks ago, she told me in two weeks they would let us know. I have also emailed Mrs. Dicianna. I have not heard back.

Well I finally got smart yesterday and looked at last years (2016 class) thread of this school and it seems they started getting their emails for feb. interview in late jan like the 25th or 28th (i don't feel like going back and looking for exact date). So we still have some days to wait if history repeats itself. Hope this helps anyone anxious besides me
I hope you are right!! I am super anxious!

Has anyone turned in their deposit and is for sure attending this fall?! :)

Sorry for the late reply everyone! I was getting involved in PDC and also got a job at walgreens, so definitely time consuming ^^

As for the interviews go, people have answered a lot of questions before me. But it is a closed file interview, so prepare your speech about yourself and what you want to make them know about you. Also, they ask about block scheduling (how it works, etc), the founder of the school, curriculum, why did you choose this school, extracurricular (will ask you specific events regarding to your leadership positions, volunteering experience, etc). It would be a great idea to throw the interviewers in the spotlight when they ask "do you have any questions for us?" section. You guys should ask something like what kind of books or magazines do you recommend that can better myself both scientifically and life itself. As you know, it's not just them interviewing you, but you are also interviewing them to know about school and to make them nervous as well..haha

As far as the essay goes, it's a general guideline within the field of pharmacy. I don't know what they'll ask since it's probably different every year.

For the critical thinking exam, the most close that would be correlated to is the LSAT...specifically the logic section. You might want to stop by at a bookstore and take a look at it to get a feel of it :) I think there were around 33 questions, and have about 45 minutes to answer it.

I hope I answered most of your questions or concerns!

Do you know any affordable hotel that is closed to the interview?

Anyone have recommendations for interviews? What to take in? Questions to ask? Do they ask how you will pay for tuition?

Do you know any affordable hotel that is closed to the interview?

I think that depends on your definition of affordable but I think that if you stay around the airport that would give you easy access to 281 which goes through UIW. Are you driving in or flying in?

Does anyone know how many students applied to UIW this year, how many will be interviewing and many seats are available in the class this year?

Does anyone know how many students applied to UIW this year, how many will be interviewing and many seats are available in the class this year?

Not sure but I'm sure if you called and asked thy would tell you.

I will be driving from Houston, so any suggestions of convenient and affordable hotels to stay at for the interview? thanks

Alright guys I gave up my seat for another program, good luck to those still waiting!

Anyone at 8am interviews?? How'd they go??

Anyone at 8am interviews?? How'd they go??

I had 8am today. I think the interview process was smooth and everyone was very friendly, helpful and informative. I fell more in love with this school then I already was.

Does anyone know when we will find out?

Constantly thinking about how my interview went is making me very nervous and now the wait for that possible acceptance...ahhh i wish for the best outcome :)

One of my friend who is currently attending UIW pharmacy school, said that we were suppose to receive a paper with all the missing requirements or classes we need to take. I didnt receive any paper. I was wondering if anyone did?

One of my friend who is currently attending UIW pharmacy school, said that we were suppose to receive a paper with all the missing requirements or classes we need to take. I didnt receive any paper. I was wondering if anyone did?

I didn't get that paper either.

When I interviewed in dec I had a form showing which pre reqs I still missed etc

I didn't receive a paper and I interviewed feb16. I'm still waiting to hear back but in the meantime would like to look at possible apartment/dorm. Any suggestions as to an area in SA?

I didn't receive a paper and I interviewed feb16. I'm still waiting to hear back but in the meantime would like to look at possible apartment/dorm. Any suggestions as to an area in SA?

Try medical area! I am sure people who are currently attending the university will have better suggestions.

I interviewed 2/16 the morning session, and no I have not heard anything yet. Would anybody that has been accepted or interviewed mind sharing their stats? My gpa is 3.8 and pcat 64.

As far as the school itself goes I was really impressed with the facility, faculty, etc. until I interviewed at a&m kingsville on 2/21. The campus and pharmacy building is awesome and I believe the tuition is cheaper. I could be wrong though. If I am accepted to both (hopefully 1 atleast lol) I will probably chose a&m kingsville. I would gladly go to UIW though. Good luck all!

I interviewed 2/16 the morning session, and no I have not heard anything yet. Would anybody that has been accepted or interviewed mind sharing their stats? My gpa is 3.8 and pcat 64.

As far as the school itself goes I was really impressed with the facility, faculty, etc. until I interviewed at a&m kingsville on 2/21. The campus and pharmacy building is awesome and I believe the tuition is cheaper. I could be wrong though. If I am accepted to both (hopefully 1 atleast lol) I will probably chose a&m kingsville. I would gladly go to UIW though. Good luck all!
I interviewed in the morning the 16th and from what Dr. Lord said in the introduction was they would send out acceptances no later than 2 weeks from then. I would say by the end the week we should know!

I emailed Ms. Hernandez, she said by Friday March 1st a letter will be mailed to address provided in PharmCas. I am so nervous :( Does anyone know if they send out rejection letters?