Indiana University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I just got the email that @spiffytooth got on August 31st saying that my application is moving forward with further review and that invites will be sent in September.. Has anyone else gotten any emails from IU recently? I'm OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve called and emailed around 4 times over the last 4 months and never gotten anything.
Anyone else doubting the existence of IU dental?

I’ve called and emailed around 4 times over the last 4 months and never gotten anything.
Anyone else doubting the existence of IU dental?

Yea everything seems delayed this cycle. What was the last correspondence you got from IU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I attended a virtual info meeting and they said things will be moving a little slower this cycle. They hope to send out interview invites by October, but be patient as they had two people working in admissions leave so its been stressful for them! Also, make sure to have your CASPer exam done as your application is placed on hold for review until its complete. Fingers crossed we hear back soon :xf:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Got an email this week telling me my application was on hold. Its incomplete until I submit my official DAT scores. They are probably getting ready to start sending out invites early October like they said during the info session I attended. Good luck to all of you with complete applications!

Tomorrow is the 1st! Hopefully tomorrow is the day! :) Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Any interviews yet? It IS the first of October.. just wondering.

Reactions: 1 users
So in the information session today they said they likely won’t reply to many emails since they are so far behind. They said they are doing two cycles. The first one will get decisions in December and the next will get them in February.

So in the information session today they said they likely won’t reply to many emails since they are so far behind. They said they are doing two cycles. The first one will get decisions in December and the next will get them in February.

Did they say anything about when they’ll send out interviews for the first cycle?

Someone had mentioned two people left the admissions office. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I am writing to see if anyone knows if Juan is still there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone had mentioned two people left the admissions office. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I am writing to see if anyone knows if Juan is still there?
It was awhile ago when I spoke to them but im pretty sure Juan was one of the people that left.

I'm out of state too - Illinois! I just attended the information session last week and IU updated my application to complete and said that it would move to further review. *Fingers Crossed* IU is my first choice.

I'm out of state too - Illinois! I just attended the information session last week and IU updated my application to complete and said that it would move to further review. *Fingers Crossed* IU is my first choice.
any invites yet?

Did they say anything about when they were thinking of starting interviews? In the information session I joined in August they said October-November....

Just got an interview! Super excited!

Instate, high gpa, DAT 20+, submitted as early as possible

What are you guys stats like? And what dates are they giving you?

Just received an interview, OSS re-applicant
Hi! I was just wondering have you received any other emails prior to this interview email? saying your app was under review or anything? I am also a re-applicant and was waitlisted last cycle but have not heard anything yet:(

For those of you that received interviews yesterday, when did your application get verified and when did you submit your secondary? Also, since this is a rare cycle, is your application complete?
Thanks!!

For those of you that received interviews yesterday, when did your application get verified and when did you submit your secondary? Also, since this is a rare cycle, is your application complete?
Thanks!!
My application is complete and I submitted my application the first day of this cycle. It was verified 6/19 and I submitted my secondary application 7/14. Hope this helps!

Hi! I was just wondering have you received any other emails prior to this interview email? saying your app was under review or anything? I am also a re-applicant and was waitlisted last cycle but have not heard anything yet:(
I received an email from them back on September 14th saying that they had received all necessary materials to move my application forward for further review. That was the last I heard from them before I got an interview offer yesterday.

For anyone that has received an interview, have you sent them an email confirming your interview date? And have they sent you a confirmation email yet?

For anyone that has received an interview, have you sent them an email confirming your interview date? And have they sent you a confirmation email yet?

I emailed them the confirmation but am still waiting to hear back.

Hey so IU said they sent my application to the committee for review. That email was received on October 1.

How long before your interview invitations did you guys get that email saying the committee would review it?

Also, does that mean it met cut-offs? My QR was a 16 so I’m hoping the fact that they are reviewing it means that it met the cut off?

Interview #1
School: IUSD
Notification date: 10/12/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/10
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.27, 3.04
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/21/none

Just wanted to write this to encourage some of you! Really wasn't sure if I'd receive an interview this round. Keep your hopes up!

IUSD will hold 6 weeks of interviews (this is week 1) with about 60 interviewees every week. Then sometime in January/February a few more interviews will be conducted for those that had to submit DAT scores late.

IUSD will hold 6 weeks of interviews (this is week 1) with about 60 interviewees every week. Then sometime in January/February a few more interviews will be conducted for those that had to submit DAT scores late.
did you receive one? if so when?

did you receive one? if so when?

Completion date 8/31 and was invited for an interview last week. They told us to share the word that there will be 6 weeks of interviews so about 360 people will get an interview pre-December.

Completion date 8/31 and was invited for an interview last week. They told us to share the word that there will be 6 weeks of interviews so about 360 people will get an interview pre-December.
will IUSD do post dec interviews?

Does this mean that they’re sending invites each week?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the amount of people accepted on December 15th will be less than normal since they will have interviews or in January and February?

Does anyone know if the amount of people accepted on December 15th will be less than normal since they will have interviews or in January and February?

It would make sense if they did so they can potentially find better applicants...but they also don’t want to wait too long and lose students to other schools. At this point, it’s possible they haven’t even decided and will be adjusting properly as the cycle continues.

Interview #4
School: University of Indiana
Notification date: 10/15/20
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19/2020
Application complete date: 9/10/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/none
Information Session: 10/19/20
Interview date: 10/23/20
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #4
School: University of Indiana
Notification date: 10/15/20
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19/2020
Application complete date: 9/10/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/none
Information Session: 10/19/20
Interview date: 10/23/20
Method of interview: Virtual
Congrats! Did you receive the email earlier today?

to the people interviewing next week, have you received the email with all of the details for the interview yet?