Indiana University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

to the people interviewing next week, have you received the email with all of the details for the interview yet?

I received the details this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Im a D4 at IUSD. Hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the curriculum or the clinical experience.

Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Reactions: 7 users
Interview #2
School: IUSD
Notification date: 10/19/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/15
Application complete date: 9/6
Stats Below

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/23
Application complete date: 9/10
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.66, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/21/20/ yes QR 16

If anyone has any tips for the interview please let me know!

Does anyone know how long the interview is?

I totally forgot about taking the CASPER test for this school. Do you guys think there's anypoint in taking it and submitting it now?

Does any one know if the interview is open or closed file?

Interview #2
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.5, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/20/No

What is the difference between open and closed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.5, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/20/No

What is the difference between open and closed?

Congrats! Open file is when your interviewer(s) have access to your application while close file, they do not have access. Some schools, to minimize bias have closed file interviews cause it’s not always about stats. Other like to keep it open so see if you can stand your ground with specific questions from your application lol

I think its closed file

Can confirm - according to the intro session it is a closed file interview with two faculty members, 20 minutes long.

Overall, the introduction session was an overview of school history, buildings and points of interests, the city, the student organizations and research opportunities. There was a session to ask a DS4 some questions in a breakout room and also a chance to ask Dr. Kowolik (Dir. of Admissions) questions about the school, admissions timeline, etc.

Reactions: 6 users
Can confirm - according to the intro session it is a closed file interview with two faculty members, 20 minutes long.

Overall, the introduction session was an overview of school history, buildings and points of interests, the city, the student organizations and research opportunities. There was a session to ask a DS4 some questions in a breakout room and also a chance to ask Dr. Kowolik (Dir. of Admissions) questions about the school, admissions timeline, etc.
do they record you? like do i need to dress professionally for the intro session?

do they record you? like do i need to dress professionally for the intro session?

Yes, I would say dress to the same level as for the interview. It's not recorded but they ask that you have your camera on so they can see you.

Interview #1
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Application complete date: Not complete
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.24, 2.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Planned

Interview #3
Residency: New York
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
Application complete date: 8/25
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 2.84, 2.77 (Grad:3.9)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18

Interview #8
Notification date: 10/27/2020
Residency: Wisconsin
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 10/13
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 2.80, 2.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/21/NA

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted to AADSAS on June 16, filled my supplemental on July 14, but didn’t get confirmed until October 15. Has anyone else had a super long wait between the IU Grad CAS submission and receiving the confirmation email?

I submitted to AADSAS on June 16, filled my supplemental on July 14, but didn’t get confirmed until October 15. Has anyone else had a super long wait between the IU Grad CAS submission and receiving the confirmation email?

Submitted early august and got it 2 weeks ago

For those who have interviewed, how was it like and how did you prepare? Was it conversational and were there any ethical/hard questions? Thanks in advance!

I would also like to know this! My interview is Friday and I’m a little nervous
For those who have interviewed, how was it like and how did you prepare? Was it conversational and were there any ethical/hard questions? Thanks in advance!

Submitted same time as you, they didn’t confirm application complete until the first week of October. Still never received an interview.

For those that received an interview, what was your status on AADSAS? Application complete or under review? Thanks in advance!

Hello! I just had my interview a few hours ago. It was honestly pretty chill, the interviewers I had were great asking pretty general questions, like the ones you can find on SDN. I couldn't tell if the interview was open or closed file though. We were told that it was closed but then I got asked about taking the DAT twice so I really don't know how it's closed file if they knew I took the test twice. But overall it was a great interview experience.

Hello,

How long will interviews go for? Im starting to get worried about not getting an interview yet.

I took my DAT august 17th, 22 AA pretty strong applicant overall. Got verified in October. Do they do them in sequential order? Any feedback would be nice.

Hello,

How long will interviews go for? Im starting to get worried about not getting an interview yet.

I took my DAT august 17th, 22 AA pretty strong applicant overall. Got verified in October. Do they do them in sequential order? Any feedback would be nice.

It seems they are looking at applications sequentially. Since your app was just verified this month I would say you will hear back sometime in November. Assuming that they had a steady flow of applications coming in this entire cycle.

It seems they are looking at applications sequentially. Since your app was just verified this month I would say you will hear back sometime in November. Assuming that they had a steady flow of applications coming in this entire cycle.
I agree. Also, I believe they were doing 6-7 weeks of interviews now and then done in Jan-Feb

Hello! I just had my interview a few hours ago. It was honestly pretty chill, the interviewers I had were great asking pretty general questions, like the ones you can find on SDN. I couldn't tell if the interview was open or closed file though. We were told that it was closed but then I got asked about taking the DAT twice so I really don't know how it's closed file if they knew I took the test twice. But overall it was a great interview experience.
What questions did they ask you about taking your DAT twice?

Those that have interviewed, did the mandatory introductory session take the entire three hours? Did you have to have your camera on?/talk at all??

Those that have interviewed, did the mandatory introductory session take the entire three hours? Did you have to have your camera on?/talk at all??
Yes it did! Everyone camera was on and you have opportunities to ask questions.

Yes it did! Everyone camera was on and you have opportunities to ask questions.
Thank you!! Also has anyone tried to see if they could get a different interview date? I’m just worried that I’ll get in trouble at work since I have such short notice

Do you remember who interviewed you?
I had two hard interviewers lol

Did anyone get a completed email in October and is still waiting to hear back?

I was wondering If once decision day comes, will the admissions team be taking our whole application into consideration, or just our interview?

I was wondering If once decision day comes, will the admissions team be taking our whole application into consideration, or just our interview?
I think they look at everything but take a holistic approach so even if grades or DAT scores aren’t extremely competitive but the interview went well and they think you’d fit in well at their school then they would accept you

Reactions: 3 users
Are they asking ethical questions during interviews this year or just generic type interview questions??

Does anyone know when they are sending out more invites?

Does anyone know when they are sending out more invites?

I emailed today and they said they were still reviewing my application. Since they didn’t say that they were done reviewing them I’m going to assume they still are sending some out.

Interview #5
School: IU School of Dentistry
Notification date: 11/10
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 10/15
GPA (overall, science): 3.42, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23/BIO
Dates available OR your interview date:
11/16/2020