Indiana University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

anyone that interviewed this week knows when they send Acceptances/rejections/waitlists?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone that interviewed this week knows when they send Acceptances/rejections/waitlists?
Dr. Kowolik said there is no specific date to release the decision. Instead, they will let us know by the end of February.

Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Kowolik said there is no specific date to release the decision. Instead, they will let us know by the end of February.
Now I'm wondering when people who interviewed pre-December and didn't hear anything yet are gonna start hearing back. The wait is definitely hard

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Now I'm wondering when people who interviewed pre-December and didn't hear anything yet are gonna start hearing back. The wait is definitely hard
dude same, im dying over here. I really just feel like I'm going to get denied or waitlisted since I did not get told on the 15th.

dude same, im dying over here. I really just feel like I'm going to get denied or waitlisted since I did not get told on the 15th.
I'm kinda hoping that we hear something back this week. Is it true that you have 30 days to accept your spot or did I just make that up?

I'm kinda hoping that we hear something back this week. Is it true that you have 30 days to accept your spot or did I just make that up?
No I'm pretty sure that's true so I'm really hoping that we'll hear something soon. More people are getting interview invites though so I can't help but think our apps just keep getting pushed backed or that they'll make a decision for us and then move onto everyone else who interviewed after decision day

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that they will get back with us after they have conducted all interviews!
That's what I was thinking, but then that would kind of suck because I don't think they finish until March lol I also wish they would've mentioned this stuff in the intro session because I was going into decision day thinking I would hear something at least but trying to stay positive throughout all of this and trusting the process

That's what I was thinking, but then that would kind of suck because I don't think they finish until March lol I also wish they would've mentioned this stuff in the intro session because I was going into decision day thinking I would hear something at least but trying to stay positive throughout all of this and trusting the process

During my interview week I remember them specifically saying the last round of interviews would be the last week of January. I think this was their goal but it depends on how many seats they are able to fill.

During my interview week I remember them specifically saying the last round of interviews would be the last week of January. I think this was their goal but it depends on how many seats they are able to fill.
I hope that’s the case lol because when we got the email after decision day saying not to worry they told us they do interviews in January and February and then make final decisions in March

When is your interview scheduled for?
Mine is on Tuesday Jan 26th, from my understanding, this was a very small group of invites and my application is going to be compared against what they already have (all the people who didn't get accepted on the 15th). So I am still excited to get the invite, my chances are so much lower than a November invite.

With my interview being in the end of Jan, I think people will start to become denied or accepted middle of Feb into march.

Got an interview invite today!

Reactions: 4 users
For those that have been interviewing have they said in the intro session when you would be finding out if you're accepted or not? Still trying to figure out when they're gonna start accepting people again

For those that have been interviewing have they said in the intro session when you would be finding out if you're accepted or not? Still trying to figure out when they're gonna start accepting people again
During the intro session, I asked Dr. Kowolik about this, and she said they will let us know by the end of February at least.

I was wondering, how much weight do interviews at Indiana hold. Is it just another piece of the whole application, or is it the final most important hurdle to get accepted.

I was wondering, how much weight do interviews at Indiana hold. Is it just another piece of the whole application, or is it the final most important hurdle to get accepted.
I think they hold the same weight as everything else. Indiana goes through a holistic approach and if they waited to interview a ton of people in January and February and still haven’t got back to people who interviewed in October then they want to look at everyone’s application in whole and then make a decision so I don’t think the interview is the main factor like some other schools

I think they hold the same weight as everything else. Indiana goes through a holistic approach and if they waited to interview a ton of people in January and February and still haven’t got back to people who interviewed in October then they want to look at everyone’s application in whole and then make a decision so I don’t think the interview is the main factor like some other schools
Thanks!

Hey guys. I received an interview invite today for Feb 4th.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 1/25/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 2/5/202
Method of interview: Virtual

Very excited!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted 01/25/2021 8:30PM - OOS. Hang in there!

Reactions: 9 users
Yes, via email. I interviewed in November. I just checked my AADSAS was changed to "Offer Made"

Hopefully those who interviewed in October/November can be hearing back as well now! Wishing the best for all of us

Reactions: 2 users
Received my acceptance tonight!
In-state

Reactions: 6 users
Received my acceptance tonight as well!! I'm in state and interviewed the first week of November.

Reactions: 5 users
1/25 information session and 1/28 interview

Congrats on the interview! If you had to estimate or happened to notice how many people were on your informational Zoom session today? I’m trying to gage if they are still interviewing ~60 people each session.

For those who got interview invites, did your status originally change from under review to application complete?
Mine currently says “Invited for Interview”. I can’t remember if it changed from under review or application complete.

Congrats on the interview! If you had to estimate or happened to notice how many people were on your informational Zoom session today? I’m trying to gage if they are still interviewing ~60 people each session.
Thank you! There are around 60 people in the intro session but they interview 60 people in different days.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the total number of interviews for this application cycle? It’s seems to be more than previous years

Does anyone know the total number of interviews for this application cycle? It’s seems to be more than previous years
I think it looks like they’re doing more this cycle because they started so much later than everyone else but I definitely see where you’re coming from lol it’s like they’ve had interviews every week since October

I think it looks like they’re doing more this cycle because they started so much later than everyone else but I definitely see where you’re coming from lol it’s like they’ve had interviews every week since October
Hahaha exactly