Institutional Action-Marijuana....Life Over?

Started by Thomas889
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thomas889

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My major is pre-pharmacy. I recently was found responsible for use of marijuana in a dorm room. I was subject to indefinite probation and a drug class. My GPA is 3.93 and my pcat is 82. Are my chances virtually zero percent of being accepted to any pharmacy school?
 
My major is pre-pharmacy. I recently was found responsible for use of marijuana in a dorm room. I was subject to indefinite probation and a drug class. My GPA is 3.93 and my pcat is 82. Are my chances virtually zero percent of being accepted to any pharmacy school?

Most schools will ask up front if you've had any charges. I think your real issue is with the state board and if they will even grant you a license. You need to start there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't want a pothead for a pharmacist.


You know buddy...i have noticed from these boards you seem very closed minded and remind me of FOX News Anchors..taking everything to the extreme. For most of the posts that ask for help you always seem to make some comments putting down the OPs..if you cant contribute to the discussion how about not post at all. You make the world very black and white and i don't want someone who views the world that way to be a pharmacist.

Don't get me wrong i am against use of recreational drugs but everyone makes mistakes and everyone is entitled to redeem themselves for those mistakes. OP how about you contact the school directly and ask them about this matter..maybe anonymously.

Good Luck
 
Last edited:
You know buddy...i have noticed from these boards you seem very closed minded and remind me of FOX News Anchors..taking everything to the extreme. For most of the post that ask for help you always seem to make some comments putting down the OPs..if you cant contribute to the discussion how about not post at all. You make the world very black and white and i don't want someone who views the world that way to be a pharmacist.

Don't get me wrong i am against use of recreational drugs but everyone makes mistakes and everyone is entitled to redeem themselves for those mistakes. OP how about you contact the school directly and ask them about this matter..maybe anonymously.

Good Luck

1. I don't give a **** what you think.

2. QQ I believe is the correct response to this.
 
1. I don't give a **** what you think.

2. QQ I believe is the correct response to this.

Well replying to me telling me you don't giving a **** means you are giving a ****. Good thing you are not constipated.
 
Last edited:
If you werent arrested for it who cares. Just remember, if you become a community big chain pharmacist you are nothing more than a heroin drug dealer. All day long you will be dispensing man made heroin to individuals who will resell it on the street for 10X the amount you sold it to them for. They will then take these pills and sell them to people who are either going to smoke them or directly inject them in their veins. Don't think for a second that because you choose to smoke marijuana you are a bad person.
 
no arrest? no conviction? no problem. "indefinite probation" and a "drug class" sound like fake punishments anyway, might as well have told you to go to your room and think about what you did. i wouldn't bother disclosing this, it's a non-issue.

(unless the school you're doing your pre-pharm stuff at has access to these internal little violations, then different story...in that case, apply elsewhere).
 
There is a question on the pharmCAS that asks if you have been in disciplinary action by your school. If the record from your accident is only contained within the school, see if you can get it expunged after you remediate. If so, no school nor state board will find out, and there will not be a problem. If there was a police report filed, the incident may appear on a background check. This would be a problem with the board granting your intern license. You can still look into getting it expunged, but it will take time. If the incident's records are entirely contained within the school but the school will not expunge them, then the pharmacy schools will find out, but the state board will not. This "might" make it more difficult to get into more competitive schools, but once you are in it will not be a problem as nobody will know.
 
I wouldn't want a pothead for a pharmacist.
I agree, but how many are out there that haven't been caught in a dorm room? Probably quite a few.

inb4 alcohol is worse and almost everybody drinks/should be decriminalized/legalized/sold in pharmacies/bawwww
 
I wouldn't want a pothead for a pharmacist.

I agree whole-heartedly. I think we should lock all those rabblerousers up and throw away the key. Marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to heroin, crack, and in drastic circumstances even male-on-male fellatio in order to obtain supply. Marijuana users are extremely violent and a threat to society -- especially to the precious children, our future, which every societal decision should be based upon exclusively. Marijuana has been proven to be far more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes. Letting others get away with smoking marijuana is just as bad as smoking marijuana yourself (which we all know is unpatriotic as per the constitution).

I'm glad someone else on here has the cajones to stand up for good ol' fashioned family values backed up with concrete scientific evidence in the face of all these decadent pinheads.

Newt/ValueUC in 2012!
 
Last edited:
no arrest? no conviction? no problem. "indefinite probation" and a "drug class" sound like fake punishments anyway, might as well have told you to go to your room and think about what you did. i wouldn't bother disclosing this, it's a non-issue.

(unless the school you're doing your pre-pharm stuff at has access to these internal little violations, then different story...in that case, apply elsewhere).

Confetti is right on the money again. Take his advice.
 
I agree whole-heartedly. I think we should lock all those rabblerousers up and throw away the key. Marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to heroin, crack, and in drastic circumstances even male-on-male fellatio in order to obtain supply. Marijuana users are extremely violent and a threat to society -- especially to the precious children, our future, which every societal decision should be based upon exclusively. Marijuana has been proven to be far more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes. Letting others get away with smoking marijuana is just as bad as smoking marijuana yourself (which we all know is unpatriotic as per the constitution).

I'm glad someone else on here has the cajones to stand up for good ol' fashioned family values backed up with concrete scientific evidence in the face of all these decadent pinheads.

Newt/ValueUC in 2012!

I'm not sure whats worse... your appalling attempt at sarcasm or the fact you're a licensed pharmacist condoning the use of illegal drugs. I would expect this sort of reply from a high school stoner, not a medical professional. The use of marijuana, no matter how "safe" you claim it to be, is illegal. Your license should be revoked.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree whole-heartedly. I think we should lock all those rabblerousers up and throw away the key. Marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to heroin, crack, and in drastic circumstances even male-on-male fellatio in order to obtain supply. Marijuana users are extremely violent and a threat to society -- especially to the precious children, our future, which every societal decision should be based upon exclusively. Marijuana has been proven to be far more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes. Letting others get away with smoking marijuana is just as bad as smoking marijuana yourself (which we all know is unpatriotic as per the constitution).

I'm glad someone else on here has the cajones to stand up for good ol' fashioned family values backed up with concrete scientific evidence in the face of all these decadent pinheads.

Newt/ValueUC in 2012!
Admitted-to-Smoking-Marijuana.jpg

Yeah mon. Sounds like you're getting a little defensive to be honest. Long 14 hour day stresses you out a bit, so you toke it up when you get home?
​
 
So I'm sure you'd be fine with another pharmacist you're working with smoking marijuana on his off time right? How about their patients? I'm sure they'd be ok with it too.
Your post was better before you edited it.
 
My major is pre-pharmacy. I recently was found responsible for use of marijuana in a dorm room. I was subject to indefinite probation and a drug class. My GPA is 3.93 and my pcat is 82. Are my chances virtually zero percent of being accepted to any pharmacy school?

Sarcasm aside, you need to watch yourself. You failed to mention whether or not you were guilty of this infraction or if you were actually smoking the marijuana yourself. Either way, lots of people have tried it but in this case, you're different. If your chosen profession is pharmacy you will be accountable for vast quantities of dangerous and potentially addictive substances. Boards of Pharmacy have little to no tolerance for illegal drug involvement. If you associate yourself with individuals who do abuse illegal drugs, the whole "contact buzz" excuse won't hold any water. The Board will revoke or prevent you from ever getting a license.
 
Admitted-to-Smoking-Marijuana.jpg




Yeah mon. Sounds like you're getting a little defensive to be honest. Long 14 hour day stresses you out a bit, so you toke it up when you get home?​

:meanie: LOL thats a funny picture. I've never personally been into it (don't get the appeal of drugs or even cigarettes for that matter), but it is such a douchebag comment (Vale's) to act like some kid who got popped for puffing bleezies when he was a freshman or whatever in college is gonna make a ****ty pharmacist. I mean there are TONS of alcoholic pharmacists out there which is FAR more dangerous behind the bench. Whenever I sense "Fox News anchor" comments, as someone else pointed, about a substance that should have never even been "illegalized" I get annoyed. Plus I like to be an obnoxious ******* on these boards if at all possible when people post stupid ****.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure whats worse... your appalling attempt at sarcasm or the fact you're a licensed pharmacist condoning the use of illegal drugs. I would expect this sort of reply from a high school stoner, not a medical professional. The use of marijuana, no matter how "safe" you claim it to be, is illegal. Your license should be revoked.

Wow I have heard some jackass statements from closed-minded individuals on these boards before, but I think you take the cake.

"If you disagree with a law on moral principles but still abide by it personally, you should have your license revoked"

LOL
 
Sarcasm aside, you need to watch yourself. You failed to mention whether or not you were guilty of this infraction or if you were actually smoking the marijuana yourself. Either way, lots of people have tried it but in this case, you're different. If your chosen profession is pharmacy you will be accountable for vast quantities of dangerous and potentially addictive substances. Boards of Pharmacy have little to no tolerance for illegal drug involvement. If you associate yourself with individuals who do abuse illegal drugs, the whole "contact buzz" excuse won't hold any water. The Board will revoke or prevent you from ever getting a license.

This is actually surprisingly good advice considering the source :meanie:. You don't want to be around anything even remotely illegal (drugs, fights, DUIs, etc.) so choose your friends wisely -- Boards of Pharmacy are like Roger Goodell on ****ing steroids when it comes to guilt by association, which honestly I think is less about the actual "law" broke and more about not wanting people with questionable judgment (knowing the consequences of getting caught) practicing in the profession.
 
Wow I have heard some jackass statements from closed-minded individuals on these boards before, but I think you take the cake.

"If you disagree with a law on moral principles but still abide by it personally, you should have your license revoked"

LOL

It's more along the lines of pharmacists being among the top three most trusted professions in the country... and here you are encouraging this young individual that smoking marijuana is acceptable. Your license should be revoked because you are here on a public forum as a member of this profession supporting illegal activities. I think the real travesty here is that you're "educated" and using the age-old argument that adolescent teens have been crying for years: "But alcohol and cigarettes are way worse! Why aren't those illegal?! Pot is natural, man!" I hate to be the bearer of bad news but plenty of studies have shown the negative impact that marijuana has. It ain't 100% safe there, Tommy Toker. I bet you're one of those pharmacists that will tell a teenager how to beat a drug screen, too.

LilWaynePharmacist.jpg
 
:meanie: LOL thats a funny picture. I've never personally been into it (don't get the appeal of drugs or even cigarettes for that matter), but it is such a douchebag comment (Vale's) to act like some kid who got popped for puffing bleezies when he was a freshman or whatever in college is gonna make a ****ty pharmacist. I mean there are TONS of alcoholic pharmacists out there which is FAR more dangerous behind the bench. Whenever I sense "Fox News anchor" comments, as someone else pointed, about a substance that should have never even been "illegalized" I get annoyed. Plus I like to be an obnoxious ******* on these boards if at all possible when people post stupid ****.

I simply said I didn't want a pothead as a pharmacist. It in no way implied that this kid is going to make a ****ty pharmacist. You can take my sarcastic comment at face value, which was a joke.. or you can be a little crybaby and get offended. I see you chose the latter. Better yet, why don't you and that other nancy that whined go huddle together and cry in each others arms about how horrible the world is.
 
Last edited:
It's more along the lines of pharmacists being among the top three most trusted professions in the country... and here you are encouraging this young individual that smoking marijuana is acceptable. Your license should be revoked because you are here on a public forum as a member of this profession supporting illegal activities. I think the real travesty here is that you're "educated" and using the age-old argument that adolescent teens have been crying for years: "But alcohol and cigarettes are way worse! Why aren't those illegal?! Pot is natural, man!" I hate to be the bearer of bad news but plenty of studies have shown the negative impact that marijuana has. It ain't 100% safe there, Tommy Toker. I bet you're one of those pharmacists that will tell a teenager how to beat a drug screen, too.

LOL I gotta say that I have trouble taking your posts seriously... your arguments read as if they are 50% parody of some uptight dip---- from the pre-1980's or something. I find it hard to believe that you are in your 20's or 30's. No one said or even implied cigarettes or alcohol should be illegal by strictly pointing out the hypocrisy (you strike me as the type that would have beaten the drums for prohibition I must say so I guess you would automatically jump to criminalize anything you could). I don't believe anyone mentioned that pot is "natural" so it should be legal. You should probably try removing the stick from your --- at some point in the near future.

Seriously comments like the license thing for holding a different opinion on a growing issue that has been VOTED on recently (CA) demonstrate that when your age is considered you are definitely living in the wrong country in the wrong century homeboy.
 
I simply said I didn't want a pothead as a pharmacist. It in no way implied that this kid is going to make a ****ty pharmacist. You can take my sarcastic comment at face value, which was a joke.. or you can be a little crybaby and get offended. I see you chose the latter. Better yet, why don't you and that other nancy that whined go huddle together and cry in each others arms about how horrible the world is.

Hey, with razor-sharp dialogue like that if pharmacy doesn't work out for you, you do have other options there tough guy:

1. Professional rassler
2. Play the role of Eric Cartman in the real life adaptation of South Park
3. #1 "Yes Man" / Hype-Boy to Rush Limbaugh

:meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If the school did not involve police and no arrest and conviction occurred, never speak of this again and you will have no problem getting admitted. Don't even bring it up, because no police record= didn't happen. However, the fact that you were stupid enough to spoke dope in your dorm room (you can smell it from down the hall) really makes me question your common sense. In fact, it is downright idiotic, how dumb are you? But ya, you should have no problem unless you bring it up.
 
If the school did not involve police and no arrest and conviction occurred, never speak of this again and you will have no problem getting admitted. Don't even bring it up, because no police record= didn't happen. However, the fact that you were stupid enough to spoke dope in your dorm room (you can smell it from down the hall) really makes me question your common sense. In fact, it is downright idiotic, how dumb are you? But ya, you should have no problem unless you bring it up.

Agree. Just remember:
"It aint a crime if you don't get caught, it aint a sale if it don't get bought, it aint a show if I don't get paid, she ain't a ho if you don't get laid."
 
You know interns do have licenses, right? :laugh:

depends on the state

trent steele said:
However, the fact that you were stupid enough to spoke dope in your dorm room (you can smell it from down the hall) really makes me question your common sense.

yeah next time, hot box in the damn car, the smell of weed carries!
 
You know interns do have licenses, right? :laugh:
That's not the kind of license that ValeUC wants revoked, duh! We're talking about pharmacists here. Now... go sit in your non-pharmacist corner and think about what you've just said! :meanie:
 
Agree. Just remember:
"It aint a crime if you don't get caught, it aint a sale if it don't get bought, it aint a show if I don't get paid, she ain't a ho if you don't get laid."

For this gem and this gem only, I take back what I said about your mom in the other post.

Anyone dropping obscure House of Pain lyrics on this board is ****in' golden with me!
 
For this gem and this gem only, I take back what I said about your mom in the other post.

Anyone dropping obscure House of Pain lyrics on this board is ****in' golden with me!


Now that actually made me laugh for real. Hahaha. I didn't think anyone would pick up on that. That is a great song.
 
Pot should never be legalized and I hope that the federal government goes and shuts down all those quacks, and I will tell you why, outside of the fact that it lives up to its reputation that its a gateway drug.

Marijuana levels in the body do not correlate with levels in the brain and especially do not correlate with a nice dose-response relationship like alcohol does. What is this mean, well take the example of alcohol, you get a BAC from a breathalizer, you know with a deal of certainty what the concentration is circulating in the body and you typically know what kind of response you would get from a person at a given BAC level. Sure, there is a little variation but for the most part its true. Little ol' Mary Jay on the other hand doesn't have the predictability that alcohol has. You don't know why concentration is circulating in the brain and everyone's response is different at different thresholds. Meaning you there is a great deal of variability and its difficult to police. Not to mention I can't even imagine a bunch of drivers running things over without a care in the world.

And then theres the issue of fat distribution. In heavy smokers and those who are fat, hash distributes in the fat tissue. Urine tox screens can be positive for months after stopping use. I once saw a person test positive for 6 months after claiming to stop use with a degree of certainty in her convictions (in other words it was scientifically feasible).

So I feel wholeheartedly that marijuana should be banned and users should be persecuted. We have marinol out there and Sativex is on its way. That should be good enough. Medicine has come a long way in 10 years.
 
Pot should never be legalized and I hope that the federal government goes and shuts down all those quacks, and I will tell you why, outside of the fact that it lives up to its reputation that its a gateway drug.

Marijuana levels in the body do not correlate with levels in the brain and especially do not correlate with a nice dose-response relationship like alcohol does. What is this mean, well take the example of alcohol, you get a BAC from a breathalizer, you know with a deal of certainty what the concentration is circulating in the body and you typically know what kind of response you would get from a person at a given BAC level. Sure, there is a little variation but for the most part its true. Little ol' Mary Jay on the other hand doesn't have the predictability that alcohol has. You don't know why concentration is circulating in the brain and everyone's response is different at different thresholds. Meaning you there is a great deal of variability and its difficult to police. Not to mention I can't even imagine a bunch of drivers running things over without a care in the world.

And then theres the issue of fat distribution. In heavy smokers and those who are fat, hash distributes in the fat tissue. Urine tox screens can be positive for months after stopping use. I once saw a person test positive for 6 months after claiming to stop use with a degree of certainty in her convictions (in other words it was scientifically feasible).

So I feel wholeheartedly that marijuana should be banned and users should be persecuted. We have marinol out there and Sativex is on its way. That should be good enough. Medicine has come a long way in 10 years.

Hey man.... it's like Steve "Cheech" Perry said... marijuana users aren't violent, it's not more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes so it doesn't matter that someone who could potentially be one of our peers smoked weed! We're all cool with someone who is working with us behind the counter with their license is smoking up on the weekends. I mean, cause there's no scientific evidence that smoking marijuana has any lasting effects, right? So we should all be accepting of someone who gets high and is personally responsible for medications being dispensed to the public.
 
If you werent arrested for it who cares. Just remember, if you become a community big chain pharmacist you are nothing more than a heroin drug dealer. All day long you will be dispensing man made heroin to individuals who will resell it on the street for 10X the amount you sold it to them for. They will then take these pills and sell them to people who are either going to smoke them or directly inject them in their veins. Don't think for a second that because you choose to smoke marijuana you are a bad person.

I love reading some of the pre-pharmacy student posts.

I know... I know... we were all there at one time. But you gotta admit, they're pretty funny.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As it says, it depends on the ease of the ultimate user to determine which drug legal or illegal they use. So they usually get pot from a drug dealer, what else is easy for drug dealers to get? I mean if I was a drug dealer selling to teens Id rather sell drugs then alcohol because those teens will eventually be able to buy alcohol without me.

Now don't tell me you actually support the idea of legalizing pot, I thought you were better then that.
 
Now don't tell me you actually support the idea of legalizing pot, I thought you were better then that.

No one should think that highly of me.

Why do you think it should be illegal? Do you have a legit reasons?

If it was legal, that would remove the gateway status based on your reasoning of people getting it from street dealers.

If you go back to your lack of a clean dose-response relationship issue, it also breaks down when you closely examine alcohol. Sure in the non-tolerant volunteer BAC correlates nicely with effect but once you begin to get habitual use with tolerance formation this correlation breaks down. Anyone working in the ER has a story of a drunk with a BAC of 0.5 that is walking and talking like he's stone sober. How is that for an unclean dose-response, zero effects from a typically lethal concentration. Same deal with nicotine products.


Meaning you there is a great deal of variability and its difficult to police.
How so? you are either driving impaired or your not. There's no roadside test for opioids but if you're pulled over due to driving all over the place and you have pinpoint pupils you are getting arrested. Same for driving under the influence of marijuana. Bad driving with signs of impairment, you get arrested. We really need to give our cops more credit, they love arresting people and won't miss a chance to take down someone impaired.

Not to mention I can't even imagine a bunch of drivers running things over without a care in the world.
Drunks and old ladies have that pretty much covered

And then theres the issue of fat distribution. In heavy smokers and those who are fat, hash distributes in the fat tissue. Urine tox screens can be positive for months after stopping use.
If legal, why does that matter?
 
Last edited:
No one should think that highly of me.

Why do you think it should be illegal? Do you have a legit reasons?

If it was legal, that would remove the gateway status based on your reasoning of people getting it from street dealers.

If you go back to your lack of a clean dose-response relationship issue, it also breaks down when you closely examine alcohol. Sure in the non-tolerant volunteer BAC correlates nicely with effect but once you begin to get habitual use with tolerance formation this correlation breaks down. Anyone working in the ER has a story of a drunk with a BAC of 0.5 that is walking and talking like he's stone sober. How is that for an unclean dose-response, zero effects from a typically lethal concentration. Same deal with nicotine products.



How so? you are either driving impaired or your not. There's no roadside test for opioids but if you're pulled over due to driving all over the place and you have pinpoint pupils you are getting arrested. Same for driving under the influence of marijuana. Bad driving with signs of impairment, you get arrested. We really need to give our cops more credit, they love arresting people and won't miss a chance to take down someone impaired.


Drunks and old ladies have that pretty much covered


If legal, why does that matter?

As far as I'm concerned, the long lasting mind-dulling effects of marijuana is reason enough to keep it illegal. The argument comparing alcohol to marijuana relating to traffic accidents and other incidents is moot. If marijuana had the same widespread availability as alcohol, I can GUARANTEE there will be just as many traffic accidents and fatalities relating to its use. In the military, we get rid of people who abuse illegal drugs and even legal drugs. I don't want the man next to me carrying a rifle and smoking a joint, why should I want the pharmacist next to me verifying a script to be a pot user as well? If we are using non-violence as an argument why marijuana is ok to use, why not legalize Ecstasy? Nobody ever wants to get into a fight or beat up someone on Ecstasy, so let's legalize it... right?
 
In the military, we get rid of people who abuse illegal drugs and even legal drugs. I don't want the man next to me carrying a rifle and smoking a joint, why should I want the pharmacist next to me verifying a script to be a pot user as well

How is this any different than the self-control I utilize to not come into work drunk. We don't have THAT MANY pharmacists showing up drunk/impaired on legal meds so why would you expect it to be different for marijuana. Maybe it would be good for soldiers to have a little, might cut down on civilian killings over in the middle east

If we are using non-violence as an argument why marijuana is ok to use, why not legalize Ecstasy? Nobody ever wants to get into a fight or beat up someone on Ecstasy, so let's legalize it... right?

I think you missed your MDMA toxicology lecture regarding its safety but it wouldn't be hard to convince me that there is no compelling reason MDMA should not be legal.
 
As far as I'm concerned, the long lasting mind-dulling effects of marijuana is reason enough to keep it illegal. The argument comparing alcohol to marijuana relating to traffic accidents and other incidents is moot. If marijuana had the same widespread availability as alcohol, I can GUARANTEE there will be just as many traffic accidents and fatalities relating to its use. In the military, we get rid of people who abuse illegal drugs and even legal drugs. I don't want the man next to me carrying a rifle and smoking a joint, why should I want the pharmacist next to me verifying a script to be a pot user as well? If we are using non-violence as an argument why marijuana is ok to use, why not legalize Ecstasy? Nobody ever wants to get into a fight or beat up someone on Ecstasy, so let's legalize it... right?

Okay Steve-****in'-"Cheech"-Perry weighing in here (thats got a nice ring to it man, I like it)...

If you are going to use the "ahh shucks, why don't we just legalize everything" argument, you gotta realize it goes both ways. Why not make alcohol illegal then, and next cigarettes, and oh Burger King is bad for you too so lets make that illegal as soon as we put a bullet in Ronald Mc ****ing Donald's head (what a ****ing prick) for all those trans fats he dealt to America! You gotta understand the line is drawn somewhere, so if you act like it is anything other than an arbitrary line set by the powers that be to profit from, you are nucking futs homie.

Some people think you should be judged on your actions and not by some ****ing monolithic government up every nook and cranny of your ass 24/7 looking out for what is "best" for you. If some dude could burn trees when he was a ****ing freshman in college or, hell, still burn trees outside of work and fill prescriptions/orders accurately (while he was not impaired obviously), I could personally give a hot **** inherently about it, other than questioning his judgement for being around illegal activity given that that is the law, as stupid as it is.