Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as I'm concerned, the long lasting mind-dulling effects of marijuana is reason enough to keep it illegal. The argument comparing alcohol to marijuana relating to traffic accidents and other incidents is moot. If marijuana had the same widespread availability as alcohol, I can GUARANTEE there will be just as many traffic accidents and fatalities relating to its use. In the military, we get rid of people who abuse illegal drugs and even legal drugs. I don't want the man next to me carrying a rifle and smoking a joint, why should I want the pharmacist next to me verifying a script to be a pot user as well? If we are using non-violence as an argument why marijuana is ok to use, why not legalize Ecstasy? Nobody ever wants to get into a fight or beat up someone on Ecstasy, so let's legalize it... right?
Actually we should start a poll:
Would you rather have your prescription filled by a pothead or a D'Youville (or whatever the **** it is) graduate?