This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babbitt4MVP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been answered before, but those threads are old and I want to find out if anything has changed.
With regards to LoR, in the 2017 AMCAS Instruction Manual it says:

"In all cases, you must provide your letter author(s) with your AAMC ID and AMCAS Letter ID numbers to ensure that your letters are matched correctly to your application."

This is irritating because it means we have to open an AMCAS application to have an AMCAS letter ID before our authors can include it and submit it. Meaning we have to wait until May. With regards to Interfolio, other threads have come to the consensus that LoR authors don't need to worry about these numbers, they just submit the letters. Then, we merely add on the numbers before submitting the letters from interfolio to AMCAS. Is this true? Or do our letter writers actually need both those IDs and include them in the letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
With regards to Interfolio, other threads have come to the consensus that LoR authors don't need to worry about these numbers, they just submit the letters. Then, we merely add on the numbers before submitting the letters from interfolio to AMCAS. Is this true?

This is exactly what I did last cycle and I had no problems.

Reactions: 1 user
Once you have letters in interfolio it allows you to add the number prior to submission. It is not a problem at all.

Reactions: 3 users