Interns in High School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futureequinevet

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was any body able to get an intern type thing going with a veterinarian while they were in high school. I have shadowed a few times but I want to find a way to get more consistent hours.
Thanks
 
how about volunteering at the zoo or a shelter? That will get you started in a couple different areas. Do you have either of those near you??
 
Could you try asking one of the vets you have already shadowed about setting up a regular shadowing experience? It sounds like you have already gotten your foot in the door a little, which is often then hardest part!

Volunteering at a shelter (or zoo) is also a great idea. The zoo near me has a program specifically for high school aged volunteers (I'm jealous!).

Good luck!