Interview Invites AFTER January 10th!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

should we start another thread??

yeah... just thought people with some time on their hands and not very many interview invites might be interested in this (even though they were behind last year due to the amcas fiasco).

someone started one a few days ago i think...

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently received interviews from UCSF and Yale. I haven't scheduled Yale yet, but am going to UCSF mid-Feb.

Got WashU today (1/16/03) via snail mail.

Yeah! I received a UC Irvine interview invitation yesterday via e-mail! Maybe I do have a chance at staying in CA. Interview is scheduled for 1/29.

GPA: 3.5, MCAT 29

Originally posted by NM_grrl
Yeah! I received a UC Irvine interview invitation yesterday via e-mail! Maybe I do have a chance at staying in CA. Interview is scheduled for 1/29.

GPA: 3.5, MCAT 29

Just a question...was your application on "hold" before your interview invite?

I haven't received any interview requests after Jan. 10th, but 4 of my 5 interviews are after that date:

Columbia P&S Jan 9
NYU Jan 29
Temple Jan 28
NYMC Mar 3
Drexel April 21

On Hold with Penn State - what is that business??

Waiting for Mt. Sinai, Einstein, Penn and Thomas Jefferson - think there is any chance to get interviewed at these places?

I am a bit nervous about the lateness of my interviews- I took the August MCAT as I was overseas for the April one. I heard Columbia's acceptances all come out in mid-feb, anyone else waiting? Think the late interviews will compromise my chances? I have a 3.87 GPA and a 30S MCAT.

I received invites for:

Mount Sinai: Jan. 8 (scheduled 1/22)
Northwestern: Jan. 8 (scheduled 3/7)
UNC-CH: Jan. 16 (received secondary 12/23, scheduled 2/21)
Duke: Jan. 16 (scheduled 2/20)

Still haven't heard from:

Pitt, BU, NYU, Columbia, Jefferson, Temple, Penn, UCSF, Stanford

My good luck these last 2 weeks has me convinced that maybe, just maybe, I'll get another 1 or 2 before I'm done.

I was waiting for Harvard. But now that's it's past 5 pm on the last day they give out interviews, I guess I'm rejected by default. Oh well!

I got an interview invite to Albert Einstein this week; I'm scheduled for 2/5;
a friend of my got a Pitt interview invite this week too; he's interviewing on 2/11

I got an invite from Yale today... :clap:
I will call and schedule on tuesday.
i needed some good news after consecutive preinterview rejections from Cornell and Duke.... time for a stiff drink.

cheers,

Tom

Originally posted by CCHieb's
Just a question...was your application on "hold" before your interview invite?

Nope. A couple of days ago I checked the status of my application and it said that it was currently being reviewed, and then I heard back from UCI yesterday.
Good luck.

I have an interview in early February at Vermont....:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jmwalker I heard Columbia's acceptances all come out in mid-feb, anyone else waiting?

You heard right. You are definitely not compromised at Columbia, maybe slightly at other schools, but the process is so random, that I say keep your hopes up. I got an acceptance last year from a school I interviewed at in Feb (USC).

well, i just got one yesterday scheduled for 3/17. i guess that means i'm interviewing for the waitlist.

Umm...
This thread is kinda ancient to the point of being irrelevant... Lets start another one instead.

just got an interview invite yesterday for wayne state...it came by snail mail for 02/17.

my friend got an invite earlier this week for usc's keck som.. her interview is in march..

just got Meharry's a few days ago...i'm interviewing feb 17th. they originally wanted feb 14th, but i rescheduled. pretty short notice though.

I just got an invite from Cornell on 1/31. They said that they stop interviewing on 2/27. They interview on Tues, Wed, and Thurs.

Stanford invite via snail mail on 1/31, app complete 9/4. First interview slot available early march. guess i can't retire my suit yet.

Howard invite, 2/1, via snail mail. They have dates to from March through May to choose from.

My Duke interivew is scheduled for Feb. 26th, which appeared to be almost the last date available on their little click-able calendar. oh well.

UCLA phone invite 02/04 for 02/11

I just scheduled UIC for 2/26 and Rush for 3/11....that's two trips to Chicago from CA....I couldn't manage to figure out a way to do them on the same trip! oh well....

Yippee!
Got an email from UMass today asking me to come interview on Feb 26th. WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Heard from U. Pitt via email on 2/10 - interview set for March 14th. They have dates through the end of March open.

Coolwaters

uc davis email 2/12...not sure what dates are left though

dpy

PSU...got the invite monday and am interviewing the 26th. i had one of those hold for interview letters, so i guess we'll see if they actually ever result in an acceptance :p.

coolwaters...like the cologne? :love:

sweet tea: good luck! :clap:

sp: please change the scary scary avatar! :( i dont' like the lakers even though kobe went to school down the street from my college...but that's still a cool signature thingy

I'll add mine.......NYMC scheduled for March 12, University of Cincinnati for March 4, and Meharry for Feb. 27. Got all these in the past two weeks.

i got an interview invite from ucsf on feb 11th for feb 27th...just as a side note...i turned my application in pretty late...i didnt send in my amcas into late sept and didnt submit my secondary until jan 24th...didn't really have the money at the time...so yeah this is fantastic news for me:clap:
party in the san fran

Mt Sinai int on 3/13. anyone kno if that's still for the regular acceptance pool or if it's already for the waitlist? thanks

invitation to UCLA/Drew Feb 12th
interview date TBD

Invite to OHSU on 2/7
Interview: TBD

Morehouse:
Received: 1/24
Scheduled: 2/14

UCSD:
Received:2/5
Scheduled:2/25 (after being on hold since 9/19/02)

albert einstein
rec; 2/12
schedule: probably late march

Miami-Late February
JMC-1st week in March

Universtiy of Vermont-feb 25, 2003

Meharry-feb 27, 2003

UC Irvine- invited 2/19; interview 2/27

Wow! Congrats on the Irvine invite!!!! How did you find out? Has your status page changed or did it change at all?

I'm a UC Irvine hopeful. Been on hold for an interview forever!

Originally posted by Dr.PC
UC Irvine- invited 2/19; interview 2/27

I'll see you there, Dr. PC! I can't believe how last-minute that invite was: 8 days between invite and interview?! :eek:

Yeah, tell me about it. Although I definitely am not complaining. Heck, I would have showed up tomorrow, as long as they wanted to interview me. Good luck and see you next Thur!

UCLA invite 2/19. There's definitely still hope for the UC's. I didn't receive my secondary from them until 1/17!

Interview invite from Creighton :clap:
recieved: 2/20, via email
scheduled: 3/7

Washington University
invited 2/12
scheduled 2/24

Also, HoMuffin, how did Creighton contact you?