-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa Carver 2012 Status?
Started by hawkeye12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anyone actually talk to Carolyn today when they called Iowa? When I called earlier they said she was out and hadn't been there to update the list...
I spoke with her today. please see the previous post. best of luck.
🙂
I was actually asking if any in staters had talked to her. Aku you haven't posted all day...you doing alright?🙂 Have a good weekend everyone. Hopefully there is more movement on Monday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was actually asking if any in staters had talked to her. Aku you haven't posted all day...you doing alright?🙂 Have a good weekend everyone. Hopefully there is more movement on Monday.
Hahahaha...yes, I am still alive. 😀
I called yesterday at around 2:00. Carolyn wasn't there, but they said she'd be back on Monday. I think she's the only one that makes changes to the WL's, so for all we know, there may have been more movement. We'll see on Monday...maybe some of us will get a very nice surprise next week...so, here's to hoping!

Hey, just checking to see if anyone else got the applicant feedback?
Well, since I don't know what you're talking about, I'm going to say no, I didn't get it.
I hope today is a good one.
I just called Iowa and...I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The rest of you still waiting should call because that means that it moved at least 2 more spots! It may have moved more. Either way...pete, curious, arb, jooj...I have faith that you will all be attending Carver in the fall!!!!
RECAP (for those of you interested, and for reference for future instate Iowa WLers):
March: 6 spots
April: 5 spots
May: 11 spots (at least...as of 5/19/08)
22 down...more to go!!!
See you all in the fall!!!!!


The rest of you still waiting should call because that means that it moved at least 2 more spots! It may have moved more. Either way...pete, curious, arb, jooj...I have faith that you will all be attending Carver in the fall!!!!
RECAP (for those of you interested, and for reference for future instate Iowa WLers):
March: 6 spots
April: 5 spots
May: 11 spots (at least...as of 5/19/08)
22 down...more to go!!!
See you all in the fall!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I knew today would be a good one ...
Hey, just checking to see if anyone else got the applicant feedback?
I got it late on Friday. For those who worry about things like that, its really not exciting at all so count yourself lucky that you didn't get it.
Congrats AKU!
Of course now we won't have a daily update on the waitlist movement....Good luck to all those still awaiting a decision. The waitlist is still moving and its early in the summer! I'll keep watching and look forward to meeting everyone in the fall
Congrats, AKu! I'm really excited for you...and hope to be joining you soon! 🙂
CONGRATS AKU! That is so exciting...enjoy your summer! Hopefully see you in the fall!
Oh AKu I am so happy for you!
Now you can relax about admissions and start worrying over board scores...anatomy exams...housing and financial aid....actually just kidding. You shouldn't worry, I've heard it hardens the blood vessels.
Incidentally, Shooter and AKu, do you know what communities you are in yet? Gwill and I are in Flocks so it would be fun if you were too.
Actually, I think this year's IS list has moved faster than last year's because my friend who was 22 last year didn't get in until June, I believe. I would not be surprised if we got into the thirties this year!
Congrats again AKu! We are all so excited for you!!!!!
Now you can relax about admissions and start worrying over board scores...anatomy exams...housing and financial aid....actually just kidding. You shouldn't worry, I've heard it hardens the blood vessels. Incidentally, Shooter and AKu, do you know what communities you are in yet? Gwill and I are in Flocks so it would be fun if you were too.
Actually, I think this year's IS list has moved faster than last year's because my friend who was 22 last year didn't get in until June, I believe. I would not be surprised if we got into the thirties this year!
Congrats again AKu! We are all so excited for you!!!!!
🙂Congratulations Aku! You kept the hope up for all of us!🙂
I really hope the OOS list moves more than 3 spots. I guess they did over accept...😕
I really hope the OOS list moves more than 3 spots. I guess they did over accept...😕
They over accepted this year the same amount as they always do.
I was looking at the numbers over the past 5 years when the IS wait list moves a lot the OOS usually moves a lot too.
2003: 232003: 512004: 312004: 712005: 322005: 1052006: 172006: 842007: 282007: 105
So hopefully OOS moves more than 3 spots . . .
I was looking at the numbers over the past 5 years when the IS wait list moves a lot the OOS usually moves a lot too.
2003: 232003: 512004: 312004: 712005: 322005: 1052006: 172006: 842007: 282007: 105
So hopefully OOS moves more than 3 spots . . .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you all sooooooooo much! You guys have been so supportive, and it's been great having you all to talk to...really.
Lucky: As for what community I'm in...I have no clue. How do I find that out? Will it be in the admissions packet? Carolyn said she's sending that out today...so I should get it by tomorrow, since I'm so close to Iowa City.
Pete: You should call admissions today...you're already #1, so I bet you'll be in sometime this week!
Curious: I think you'll be in soon too! Keep the faith!
Arb: Hang in there...you're getting close! The wait will be well worth it.
And to those of you still waiting...I agree with Lucky, I think the IS waitlist might even go into the thirties this year. They've already taken 22 off of it, and May isn't even over yet! I'm pulling for all of you (ISers and OOSers)! 😀
Lucky: As for what community I'm in...I have no clue. How do I find that out? Will it be in the admissions packet? Carolyn said she's sending that out today...so I should get it by tomorrow, since I'm so close to Iowa City.
Pete: You should call admissions today...you're already #1, so I bet you'll be in sometime this week!

Curious: I think you'll be in soon too! Keep the faith!
Arb: Hang in there...you're getting close! The wait will be well worth it.
And to those of you still waiting...I agree with Lucky, I think the IS waitlist might even go into the thirties this year. They've already taken 22 off of it, and May isn't even over yet! I'm pulling for all of you (ISers and OOSers)! 😀
Just an update for OOS, they have finished moving through the 60 or so over accepted oos students. Any movement at this point should be from the alternate list. Apparently any movement on the oos list up to this point has been from other waitlisters withdrawing.
Congrats Aku!
Congrats Aku!
Just an update for OOS, they have finished moving through the 60 or so over accepted oos students. Any movement at this point should be from the alternate list. Apparently any movement on the oos list up to this point has been from other waitlisters withdrawing.
Congrats Aku!
wow, 60 people! has more than 60 people dropped in the past?? now you got me worried.
Last edited:
Now we really need a calling rotation... Arb, Pete, Hippo... are you interested? 😀
Most definitely, I was thinking the same thing. I can call tomorrow...
Hey Aku, Congrats!!!!
I knew you would make it without loosing your mind. Thanks for the encouragement. It sure is going to be close for me, but I'll continue to wait and hope. As of today, I'm #7 in the IS waitlist.😳
Thanks! I think you've got a good chance. Best wishes!! 😀
Aku congrats!!! 🙂
Now we really need a calling rotation... Arb, Pete, Hippo... are you interested? 😀
Thank you too!! Hahaha...about the whole calling thing...it's actually really funny because yesterday, after Carolyn told me I was in, she said, "what am I going to do with myself now that you won't be calling?" I thought it was cute. 🙂
You guys are all getting really close. Make sure to post after you call so we can all keep up with the movement...

Update for all you OOsers:
Called Carolyn yesterday to find out that I am now 39 on the OOS waitlist, started out at 44. They've gone through all their over-acceptances which they have every year so hopefully the list can start to really move. Keep your fingers crossed!
Called Carolyn yesterday to find out that I am now 39 on the OOS waitlist, started out at 44. They've gone through all their over-acceptances which they have every year so hopefully the list can start to really move. Keep your fingers crossed!
I got an email from them today!
Your present position on the Iowa Resident Alternate List is number _3___.
I know this period of waiting is most difficult. If you have concerns about your alternate status at any time, please contact me or Ms. Judi Lehman at 319-335-8052 or 800-493-7415, option 1.
We will inform you by e-mail if we are able to offer you a place in the 2008 entering class.
YAY😀
Your present position on the Iowa Resident Alternate List is number _3___.
I know this period of waiting is most difficult. If you have concerns about your alternate status at any time, please contact me or Ms. Judi Lehman at 319-335-8052 or 800-493-7415, option 1.
We will inform you by e-mail if we are able to offer you a place in the 2008 entering class.
YAY😀
Hey everyone. I just called admissions and the IS list has moved 1 more spot today!
Thanks for the update, arb!
Thanks for the update, arb!
No problem Curious. I'll probably call again tomorrow because I'm starting to get antsy.
Hello everyone...sorry I didn't post yesterday. I received an email from Carolyn yesterday morning so I am officially in. I wish you all the best of luck! I will check in on here from time to time but not as much as I have been. Thanks for everything everyone.🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, Pete!
Thanks arb! I will call this afternoon if there is no post from you. If you beat me to it, I'll call tomorrow.
Thanks arb! I will call this afternoon if there is no post from you. If you beat me to it, I'll call tomorrow.
The IS list hasn't moved as of 2:45 today. Oh well...
The IS list hasn't moved as of 2:45 today. Oh well...
Aw, that sucks. Oh well, we'll try again tomorrow.
I just called Iowa and...I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The rest of you still waiting should call because that means that it moved at least 2 more spots! It may have moved more. Either way...pete, curious, arb...I have faith that you will all be attending Carver in the fall!!!!
RECAP (for those of you interested, and for reference for future instate Iowa WLers):
March: 6 spots
April: 5 spots
May: 11 spots (at least...as of 5/19/08)
22 down...more to go!!!
See you all in the fall!!!!!
I'm a little late, but... WOOHHOOOOOOO!!!! CONGRATS, AKU!!! I knew you'd get in!
I can't wait to see you in the fall!
😍
😱😍😍I am in too! I got the 8 or nine emails. the OOS wl list is on the move!! 😍😍😍😍I guess I was worrying for no reason.
best of luck everyone and again, the OOS WL is finally moving foward.
keep the hope up!
Congrats!
I'm a little late, but... WOOHHOOOOOOO!!!! CONGRATS, AKU!!! I knew you'd get in!I can't wait to see you in the fall!
Thank you!!! I am SOOOOOOOO excited to get to finally meet you and be your classmate! 😀
😍
😱😍😍I am in too! I got the 8 or nine emails. the OOS wl list is on the move!!
I guess I was worrying for no reason.
best of luck everyone and again, the OOS WL is finally moving foward.
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! Welcome to our class!!!
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this before... but I heard that last year, they went all the way thru the OOS waitlist and even started taking more from the IS waitlist after that. Did anyone else hear that?
I know for sure that they went through the whole OOS WL last year, I remember Kathi saying it on interview day. I also know that the IS list moved all the way until August last year. 😱 Carolyn said that was VERY unusual though. Typically it moves through June...and maybe 1 gets taken off the list in July. But, you never know what could happen since every year is different! I wish you the best of luck!!!
Congratulations, Sunshine!
😍
😱😍😍I am in too! I got the 8 or nine emails. the OOS wl list is on the move!! 😍😍😍😍
I guess I was worrying for no reason.
best of luck everyone and again, the OOS WL is finally moving foward.
keep the hope up!
Way to go sunshine! Sorry if you said this previously, but what number did you start out as on the OOS WL? I am 17 right now, do you think I still have a chance?
😍thanks everyone😍,
I started at #5. the list moved a bit, so OOS kids may want to call to figure out their new position.
best of luck!
I started at #5. the list moved a bit, so OOS kids may want to call to figure out their new position.
best of luck!
The list moved 1 spot today! Congrats Curious, you're in!! Hope I don't ruin the surprise 👍
Actually that puts me at #4...I'm only one spot ahead of you. But we're almost there! 🙂
Actually that puts me at #4...I'm only one spot ahead of you. But we're almost there! 🙂
Oh shoot, sorry about that. I don't know what made me think you were #1. I guess I'm going crazy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh shoot, sorry about that. I don't know what made me think you were #1. I guess I'm going crazy.
No problem at all...I'm all for anything that gets me closer to #1! 😉
I'm at number one! From now until I hopefully get in, I don't think I can leave my computer. Congrats to everyone who's made it so far and good luck to all the rest of us still waiting!😍
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 821
- Replies
- 33
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K