-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants
Started by starlightbowl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats on your acceptance to OK state!I was just accepted to my in-state, Oklahoma State! I will be taking myself off of Iowa State's waiting list!
Go pokes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you previously asking about “no response” being listed for the alternate list status: my status was changed to “remaining on alternate list” today so you can verify yours have updated too [emoji4]
Ooh me too!Those of you previously asking about “no response” being listed for the alternate list status: my status was changed to “remaining on alternate list” today so you can verify yours have updated too [emoji4]
Mine hasn't updated it yet, but I did resubmit the form two days ago.
Edit: Just refreshed it at 4:00 and it's there!
Edit: Just refreshed it at 4:00 and it's there!
Last edited:
eatsleepmarine
Full Member
hey guys! This is the second time I've applied to ISUCVM and I was waitlisted last year- waitlisted again this year! Let's hope the list moves more than it did last cycle!
Taking myself off of Iowa State's waitlist!! Praying for all of you that the list moves a lot and fast <3
I got into my IS and will be taking myself off the alternate list!
eatsleepmarine
Full Member
I've never had that happen, are you IS or OOS?
eatsleepmarine
Full Member
I know they said in they decision emails that if you're taken off the waitlist for admission they'll call you...!
EmJayVetMed
Ohio State c/o 2023
I got a card in the mail today from the dean with his number in case I had any questions!
Future_DVM_2023
Full Member
I’m OOS and have already been accepted. I’m low key worried lolll
I got a call from the dean! It was about a scholarship I was offered.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes you were right! It was about a scholarship. Thanks 🙂I got a call from the dean! It was about a scholarship I was offered.
lolance518
New Member
Does anyone know when they will announce what number people are for the Alternates List?
Does anyone know when they will announce what number people are for the Alternates List?
Portal says we will be notified March 25th
lolance518
New Member
They said in the email they would wait until March 25th to update the spots on the wait list, so I would assume not!Does anyone know if they will start taking people off of the waitlist before March 25th?
The school said earlier in this thread that they may take people off the waitlist if they know they’re going to have openings before the decision deadline.Does anyone know if they will start taking people off of the waitlist before March 25th?
Hello all! We're hosting a virtual student panel this evening and have a few spots left if you'd like to join. Tonight at 7:00pm CST. You can register here: Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Virtual Student Panel. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
so what is everyone watching these days...three more weeks until we get our rankings.

COgoatguy
MSU c/o 2023
Same here 173/345, I was waiting to see where I was on the list before sending in my deposit for Michigan.298/345 🙁 So much for a chance at going to Iowa.....
Ahh.. 95/345. I know the list moved 130 last year, but this year had so many applicants. :/
Last edited:
185/345
Trying not to be discouraged.
Trying not to be discouraged.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
151/345
Does anyone know if Iowa State does file reviews?
Does anyone know if Iowa State does file reviews?
106/345
I asked for one and they said they won’t do those until after the semester, May 11151/345
Does anyone know if Iowa State does file reviews?
I believe they do, but don’t quote me.
This is literally so crazy... how to you get into michigan but get waitlisted that low at Iowa? Sooo crazy! I didn’t even get an interview at Michigan but I am around 40-50 on the waitlist at Iowa.Same here 173/345, I was waiting to see where I was on the list before sending in my deposit for Michigan.
This process is super weird! I got accepted to Iowa state, but waitlisted (#29) at Michigan state and (#6) at minnesota. I don’t understand lolThis is literally so crazy... how to you get into michigan but get waitlisted that low at Iowa? Sooo crazy! I didn’t even get an interview at Michigan but I am around 40-50 on the waitlist at Iowa.
If it makes any more/less sense, I was also accepted to Michigan but straight up rejected by Iowa lolThis is literally so crazy... how to you get into michigan but get waitlisted that low at Iowa? Sooo crazy! I didn’t even get an interview at Michigan but I am around 40-50 on the waitlist at Iowa.
COgoatguy
MSU c/o 2023
They cycle is crazy in general. But I think I’m so low because of my GPA, and since Michigan doesn’t consider your gpa after you meet the cut off, I had a pretty good chance as the rest of my application is pretty solid. This happened at my instate CSU, didn’t even get an interview for an in state seat, but happened to pull off one of the out of state seats at Michigan.This is literally so crazy... how to you get into michigan but get waitlisted that low at Iowa? Sooo crazy! I didn’t even get an interview at Michigan but I am around 40-50 on the waitlist at Iowa.
Remember that all schools evaluate their applicants differently and that not everyone all applied to the same schools. Due to this, that's why your ranking numbers are so distributed between the different schools. It's not this particular cycle being crazy but just a matter of how all the different schools evaluate and put their future classes together.
#67 and planning on declining! Good luck all!
What rank were you?Officially declined my OOS seat-- good luck to everyone as the list continues to move!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted, so everyone benefits!What rank were you?
Hopefulvet15
New Member
Are there any other in state alternates? And have any in state applicants declined?
vetschool1
New Member
do you know how much the in state alternate list moves?Are there any other in state alternates? And have any in state applicants declined?
COgoatguy
MSU c/o 2023
I'm not positive, but I believe someone had said that there is only one waitlist that has both IS and OSS combined.do you know how much the in state alternate list moves?
Hopefulvet15
New Member
On my status page it says Iowa Alternate and then my rank out of 13 in state applicantsI'm not positive, but I believe someone had said that there is only one waitlist that has both IS and OSS combined.