-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2024
Started by Sunshine in a Storm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?I’m a current first year if any of you guys have questions. 🙂
Also congrats to those who've been accepted and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear back!
I’m not familiar with apartments further away since I only looked at nearby apartments within 5-10 min of the school. I’ve heard good and bad things about Coppertown beach but that’s usually with their leases.What are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?
I can’t really say much about the others. Of course anything very close to main campus will usually have undergrads. You can definitely always call and ask apartments who their tenants are.
of course, I’m partial to the trailer park. No need to drive to school, come home for lunch, etc.
I would say if there’s anyone that is planning on living further out and want to take the bus that’s free to students, I’d caution against it. Someone I know is constantly late when they use the bus cause schedules aren’t always on time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Ridge in West Ames that’s like ~10 minutes or less from the school doesn’t have pet rent. The agreement thing says dogs have to be under 25 pounds I think? But they’re not strict on that and all the dogs I’ve seen have been over thatWhat are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?
Both Copper Beach apartments and The Quarters are nearby the vet school. I'm not sure on their pet requirements though since I'm a fan of the trailer park.
Saw a post on Facebook that someone at #71 was offered admission. Not sure how many spots are left but thought I would share.
I do not live at the trailer park but have friends that do. It is never hard to find a spot in the parking lot, though sometimes if it’s later in the morning you may have to park at the further end of the lot. But it’s still not far at all. There’s always extra parking spacefor those of you who are trailer park fans, would you say parking at the vet school is difficult? is it beneficial to be in walking distance?
Wessex and Brick Towne apartments are both graduate students only. Both are close to the schoolWhat are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?
I’m a current first year if any of you guys have questions. 🙂
Also congrats to those who've been accepted and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear back!
I have a question...some of the financial aid stuff I've read says about $1,000 a month room and board. Does this usually refer to just rent and food? I would like to live alone so I'm trying to figure what rent I can actually afford....
They told me they would update me when notified! They commented on my facebook post!Next alternate to be called is still #72. 🙁
Mortensen Heights is where I currently live. There is a dog park that belongs to the complex and the clubhouse also has a place to bathe your dogs.What are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?
hi classmate!I’m a current first year if any of you guys have questions. 🙂
Also congrats to those who've been accepted and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear back!
Depends on where you're living. Most one bedroom apartments range between $650-$900/ month i thinkI have a question...some of the financial aid stuff I've read says about $1,000 a month room and board. Does this usually refer to just rent and food? I would like to live alone so I'm trying to figure what rent I can actually afford....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Hope you’re doing well and getting that anatomy donehi classmate!
I was #78 and was offered admission today.
I was 97 and was offered a seat. I will be declining! Congratulations to everyone else! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Congratulations to you! 🙂 that's so exciting!I was #83 and was just offered admission! Will be accepting!! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfishe13
Full Member
They originally sent out an email saying you can ask for an update once a week through the portal. I don't think they mind being asked for an update. I've asked about how many seats they have left to fill and they said it's hard to tell with the way they notify people and give them time to accept.Do you think they will be updating us with availability of seats and new waitlist numbers anytime soon? I don't want to be a bother with emailing them!
jfishe13
Full Member
How were you notified? Did they call you or was it by email?I was 97 and was offered a seat. I will be declining! Congratulations to everyone else! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
myrovna
Full Member
How were you notified? Did they call you or was it by email?
It’s through the message board (but you get an email saying that you have a new message). No call at least for me. They only give about a day to accept/decline too. For some reason I thought it would be 3 days????? lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!!! I really hope I get to say I'm your classmate very very soon!!!I was #83 and was just offered admission! Will be accepting!! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfishe13
Full Member
Good to know! I'm #122 so I'm hoping I get notified soon!It’s through the message board (but you get an email saying that you have a new message). No call at least for me. They only give about a day to accept/decline too. For some reason I thought it would be 3 days????? lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
myrovna
Full Member
Congrats!!! I really hope I get to say I'm your classmate very very soon!!!
Can we be study buddies? [emoji23] You’ll def get in with how fast this waitlist is moving!! I believe!!! [emoji1320]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course!!!!! Need a roommate? LolCan we be study buddies? [emoji23] You’ll def get in with how fast this waitlist is moving!! I believe!!! [emoji1320]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
myrovna
Full Member
Of course!!!!! Need a roommate? Lol
There’s a high possibility my boyfriend will be moving in with me but I definitely want a classmate to live with & study with too [emoji24] definitely dm me if you’re interested!!! Rent would be cheaper with 3 people
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They aren't bothered by it as long as you only do it once a week. I already asked this week. 🙁 If you do message them, let me know!Do you think they will be updating us with availability of seats and new waitlist numbers anytime soon? I don't want to be a bother with emailing them!
jfishe13
Full Member
I just messaged them and #98 is being notified nextThey aren't bothered by it as long as you only do it once a week. I already asked this week. 🙁 If you do message them, let me know!
Thanks for the update!!I just messaged them and #98 is being notified next
That is crazy how fast they moved through the list. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up because I am #216, but it is hard not to.I just messaged them and #98 is being notified next
Best of luck to you wherever you choose to attend! Thanks for the update!I was offered for 84 and will most likely be declining!!!
I was spot number 88 and will not be accepting! Good luck everyone!
I love you all so much for your updates right now. Good luck wherever you accept!!!I was spot number 88 and will not be accepting! Good luck everyone!
That is crazy how fast they moved through the list. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up because I am #216, but it is hard not to.
I'm in the 200s too, I'm just hoping for a miracle!
I was #76, and just accepted. I am so excited, but simultaneously so overwhelmed I could not look at the email right away. Congratulations everyone! Fingers crossed to everyone waiting to hear <3
I asked to join the Facebook group but no one has approved me yet.75, 77 both are denying according to facebook!
Congrats!!!!I was #76, and just accepted. I am so excited, but simultaneously so overwhelmed I could not look at the email right away. Congratulations everyone! Fingers crossed to everyone waiting to hear <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping for that miracle for you!!!I'm in the 200s too, I'm just hoping for a miracle!
I just declined my seat! Good luck to those on the waitlist!
You must have gotten in somewhere you really wanted to go! Congratulations!!I just declined my seat! Good luck to those on the waitlist!
It was a very hard decision, I loved both of the programs, I went with the less expensive school.