Iowa State c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m a current first year if any of you guys have questions. :)
Also congrats to those who've been accepted and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear back!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also congrats to those who've been accepted and fingers crossed to those waiting to hear back!
What are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?

What are the names of pet friendly apartments that allow large dogs and are not full of undergrads?
I’m not familiar with apartments further away since I only looked at nearby apartments within 5-10 min of the school. I’ve heard good and bad things about Coppertown beach but that’s usually with their leases.
I can’t really say much about the others. Of course anything very close to main campus will usually have undergrads. You can definitely always call and ask apartments who their tenants are.

of course, I’m partial to the trailer park. No need to drive to school, come home for lunch, etc.

I would say if there’s anyone that is planning on living further out and want to take the bus that’s free to students, I’d caution against it. Someone I know is constantly late when they use the bus cause schedules aren’t always on time.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Ridge in West Ames that’s like ~10 minutes or less from the school doesn’t have pet rent. The agreement thing says dogs have to be under 25 pounds I think? But they’re not strict on that and all the dogs I’ve seen have been over that

Reactions: 1 users
Both Copper Beach apartments and The Quarters are nearby the vet school. I'm not sure on their pet requirements though since I'm a fan of the trailer park.

Saw a post on Facebook that someone at #71 was offered admission. Not sure how many spots are left but thought I would share.

for those of you who are trailer park fans, would you say parking at the vet school is difficult? is it beneficial to be in walking distance?

for those of you who are trailer park fans, would you say parking at the vet school is difficult? is it beneficial to be in walking distance?
I do not live at the trailer park but have friends that do. It is never hard to find a spot in the parking lot, though sometimes if it’s later in the morning you may have to park at the further end of the lot. But it’s still not far at all. There’s always extra parking space

I have a question...some of the financial aid stuff I've read says about $1,000 a month room and board. Does this usually refer to just rent and food? I would like to live alone so I'm trying to figure what rent I can actually afford....

Next alternate to be called is still #72. :(

Mortensen Heights is where I currently live. There is a dog park that belongs to the complex and the clubhouse also has a place to bathe your dogs.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi classmate!

I have a question...some of the financial aid stuff I've read says about $1,000 a month room and board. Does this usually refer to just rent and food? I would like to live alone so I'm trying to figure what rent I can actually afford....
Depends on where you're living. Most one bedroom apartments range between $650-$900/ month i think

I was #78 and was offered admission today.

Reactions: 3 users
I was #83 and was just offered admission! Will be accepting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
I was 97 and was offered a seat. I will be declining! Congratulations to everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congratulations to you! :) that's so exciting!

Do you think they will be updating us with availability of seats and new waitlist numbers anytime soon? I don't want to be a bother with emailing them!

Do you think they will be updating us with availability of seats and new waitlist numbers anytime soon? I don't want to be a bother with emailing them!
They originally sent out an email saying you can ask for an update once a week through the portal. I don't think they mind being asked for an update. I've asked about how many seats they have left to fill and they said it's hard to tell with the way they notify people and give them time to accept.

How were you notified? Did they call you or was it by email?

It’s through the message board (but you get an email saying that you have a new message). No call at least for me. They only give about a day to accept/decline too. For some reason I thought it would be 3 days????? lol

Congrats!!! I really hope I get to say I'm your classmate very very soon!!!

It’s through the message board (but you get an email saying that you have a new message). No call at least for me. They only give about a day to accept/decline too. For some reason I thought it would be 3 days????? lol

Good to know! I'm #122 so I'm hoping I get notified soon!

Congrats!!! I really hope I get to say I'm your classmate very very soon!!!

Can we be study buddies? You’ll def get in with how fast this waitlist is moving!! I believe!!!

Can we be study buddies? You’ll def get in with how fast this waitlist is moving!! I believe!!!

Of course!!!!! Need a roommate? Lol

Of course!!!!! Need a roommate? Lol

There’s a high possibility my boyfriend will be moving in with me but I definitely want a classmate to live with & study with too definitely dm me if you’re interested!!! Rent would be cheaper with 3 people

They aren't bothered by it as long as you only do it once a week. I already asked this week. :( If you do message them, let me know!

They aren't bothered by it as long as you only do it once a week. I already asked this week. :( If you do message them, let me know!
I just messaged them and #98 is being notified next

I just messaged them and #98 is being notified next
That is crazy how fast they moved through the list. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up because I am #216, but it is hard not to.

I really wish we had an idea of how many actual seats are left to fill.

I was offered for 84 and declined!!!! (edited for my final decision) good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
I was spot number 88 and will not be accepting! Good luck everyone!

That is crazy how fast they moved through the list. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up because I am #216, but it is hard not to.

I'm in the 200s too, I'm just hoping for a miracle!

75, 77 both are denying according to facebook!

• Love
I was #76, and just accepted. I am so excited, but simultaneously so overwhelmed I could not look at the email right away. Congratulations everyone! Fingers crossed to everyone waiting to hear <3

Reactions: 7 users
Depending on the waitlist of who decline/ withdrew, high # don’t lose hope! I’m rooting for you all!!! (I am in the 150,s!)

I was #76, and just accepted. I am so excited, but simultaneously so overwhelmed I could not look at the email right away. Congratulations everyone! Fingers crossed to everyone waiting to hear <3
Congrats!!!!

• Love
It was a very hard decision, I loved both of the programs, I went with the less expensive school.

I was number #81 just got pulled of waiting lost today!!! Oos Whats the fb post for acceptance students ?