Iowa State c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was 8/258 and I received an offer for admission.

I am in the same boat as you, I was 7 and was offered admission!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it being posted to the status page? Mine still is not there.

Reactions: 1 user
65/258 I feel like I'm on the edge, I know historically they've gone into the 100s calling people off, but that's lower than I was hoping for. I guess we'll see!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m in the 80s but not feeling too confident if you’re all saying only 10 spots available...

Well guys, just officially declined my OOS seat so that opens another spot! Don't lose hope! :love:

Reactions: 2 users
I’m in the 80s but not feeling too confident if you’re all saying only 10 spots available...

Have heart! They have 10 spots open now, before the april 15th deadline. Most of the movement should occur around then with people having let them know their final decision.

Reactions: 1 users
78/258, will likely be removing myself from the alternate list for my top choice.

Last edited:
I feel like all of my dreams have died.

Rank 105. Should I even dare to hope anymore?

This is the only school I applied to. Risky, I know, but I had my reasons. The anxiety of waiting is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got mine. 146/258. Will likely be removing myself from the list as well

I feel like all of my dreams have died.

Rank 105. Should I even dare to hope anymore?
YES!!!! I’ve posted this a couple times but last cycle (c/o 2023) my friend was #125 and was pulled!

I'm right there with you at 242. I know they go deep into the waitlist but I'm just going to focus on applying again next year. :(

Was high 180s but pulled myself. Good luck guys!

I am most likely declining the offer. Right now I am deciding between Ohio and Iowa.

I was #20 and just received an acceptance. Will be declining.

Reactions: 8 users
I was #21 and just received an acceptance but will be declining. Best of luck to you all!

Has anyone heard anything/ sent a message to the message board to see where they are at on the waitlist?

Did you check your portal?
sorry I worded that poorly! I meant to see what number on the waitlist they are currently offering admission to :)

Has anyone heard anything/ sent a message to the message board to see where they are at on the waitlist?
I asked! I'll post what I receive once they answer. The fact that they were already on #21 yesterday makes me feel like its moving pretty fast.

Reactions: 5 users
Speaking of, I really appreciate everyone updating us on where they are on the list and when they’re contacted. You guys rock

Reactions: 9 users
I was #23 and was offered acceptance yesterday morning, hope that helps!!

Reactions: 7 users
This is the reply I got this morning,

"The next alternate to be admitted is alternate #27. All of the alternates we have contacted have until April 15 to mail in their acceptance and deposit and they must be received by April 22. We will continue down the list as applicants decline, but cannot remove those admitted who do not decline until after April 22. We will have an update on Monday, April 6th, if you would like to check back."

Reactions: 7 users
Officially declined my OOS acceptance! Good luck everyone!

This is the reply I got this morning,

"The next alternate to be admitted is alternate #27. All of the alternates we have contacted have until April 15 to mail in their acceptance and deposit and they must be received by April 22. We will continue down the list as applicants decline, but cannot remove those admitted who do not decline until after April 22. We will have an update on Monday, April 6th, if you would like to check back."

Are you checking back in today with them?

Reactions: 2 users
That’s crazy how far they are already. It’s actually giving me hope and I’m all the way in the 80s ;__;

Keep your hopes up. I'm number 105 and everyone keeps telling me I'll get called. All we can do is stay positive. I hope we end up classmates!!

Historically speaking, Iowa State usually dives deep into their waitlist. I believe on average they get to the mid 100s. Also if you are waitlisted this year and were given a high number, dont give up! Two years ago I was waitlisted at Iowa State at number 328/330 (lol) and when i applied last year I got accepted when decisions were released!

Reactions: 6 users
Historically speaking, Iowa State usually dives deep into their waitlist. I believe on average they get to the mid 100s. Also if you are waitlisted this year and were given a high number, dont give up! Two years ago I was waitlisted at Iowa State at number 328/330 (lol) and when i applied last year I got accepted when decisions were released!
I won't give up. I'm proud that my first attempt was 105. I won't lie, I'll be sad if I don't get called, but I realize I have nothing to be ashamed of either. Thanks for the encouragement. :)