Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
61/236!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, I'm going to be reapplying this cycle and I got on the waitlist last year, I was hoping if anyone who applied last year and is also now on the waitlist could message me and let me know (if they're comfortable) how much their rank changed since last application! It would mean the world to me <3 Trying to have some hope for this cycle!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
162/236 OOS. Does anyone know if this number is dynamic and changes over the next few weeks? How do we know where they are at for accepting?
So your number will never actually change. For example, let's say 4 people get pulled off the list, your number won't change to 158. They enter the numbers manually so this would create a lot more work for the staff. You are allowed to ask the admissions team once a week for an update on the list. You can find out where they are at on the alternate list and how many spots they currently have open.

Mine is posted and I'm 15 but I was definitely not posted as of last night so I don't think it's likely they're doing number order if someone in the 40s had theirs last night. My last name starts with J.

Also to give some people hope if you have a high rank, I was 161 last year, the list got to 151 and clearly my rank improved a lot this year! So don't lose hope. You could get called even with a high rank and if not you might move up a lot next time. I'm not the only one I know who moved up over 100 with their second application

Hey all, I'm going to be reapplying this cycle and I got on the waitlist last year, I was hoping if anyone who applied last year and is also now on the waitlist could message me and let me know (if they're comfortable) how much their rank changed since last application! It would mean the world to me <3 Trying to have some hope for this cycle!!!
Technically I am not on the waitlist this year, I was accepted in February. However last year I was on the waitlist at 155.

How many do they typically pull off the wait list each cycle? I saw somewhere it was about 100-150 but want to confirm!

I’m 6/236 and am OOS!!

How many do they typically pull off the wait list each cycle? I saw somewhere it was about 100-150 but want to confirm!
So, when I was on the waitlist for Iowa last year I went through old threads to see how far down the list they got in recent years. So if you really want the numbers let me know and I can post them, but yes that is usually accurate. Last year they made it to 151.

So, when I was on the waitlist for Iowa last year I went through old threads to see how far down the list they got in recent years. So if you really want the numbers let me know and I can post them, but yes that is usually accurate. Last year they made it to 151.
If you have then numbers then yes please post them! It'd be nice to know them :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I will be denying my alternate seat, as I have accepted a seat somewhere else! Good luck!!

If you have then numbers then yes please post them! It'd be nice to know them :D
Okay lol So I was trying to figure out the timeline for Iowa, and in doing so I created a very rough timeline for the past several years. All this information was gathered from posts made on this website for previous application cycles (so disclaimer they may not be exactly correct, but should be close). I will attach the word document I created last year. It shows the date and the updated spot on the waitlists that year. This helped me judge when they normally fill the class and how many spots they go through on the list. So.......try not to obsess over it too much, but it personally helped me knowing roughly how things operated in the past.

Attachments

• Timeline for ISU alternate List.docx
    13.4 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: 6 users
Okay lol So I was trying to figure out the timeline for Iowa, and in doing so I created a very rough timeline for the past several years. All this information was gathered from posts made on this website for previous application cycles (so disclaimer they may not be exactly correct, but should be close). I will attach the word document I created last year. It shows the date and the updated spot on the waitlists that year. This helped me judge when they normally fill the class and how many spots they go through on the list. So.......try not to obsess over it too much, but it personally helped me knowing roughly how things operated in the past.

you are such an icon for doing this/sharing thank you!!

Anybody get an acceptance off the waitlist yet? Feeling like I wanna get the ball rollin here

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS acceptance but I’ve already accepted an offer at another school. Hope one of y’all gets my seat!
I am 1/12 on the IS waitlist ! Hopefully they start releasing soon!!😆

OOS applicant, 152/236😢 Not what I was hoping for but I guess there's still always a chance. This is my last hope out of 10 schools this cycle and I am trying to keep my head up

OOS acceptance but declining my seat after getting into my IS! I was waitlisted here last year, didn't get pulled off then, but received three acceptances this cycle :) Just a reminder that everything happens for a reason, keep your head up and don't let the setbacks keep you down. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS acceptance but declining my seat after getting into my IS! I was waitlisted here last year, didn't get pulled off then, but received three acceptances this cycle :) Just a reminder that everything happens for a reason, keep your head up and don't let the setbacks keep you down. Good luck everyone!
What number were you this year?

Hi there! If you don't mind me asking, what did you do in your year off between cycles. I am pretty worried a similar situation that you had last cycle will happen to me this year. I don't know if I should wait around until August to see if I get a call or if I should carry on as normal!

just declined my OOS spot to go elsewhere. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Hey guys I was wondering with them releasing the waitlist and someone said that you can ask for your number weekly if they will be releasing an email or message that indicates this? Thanks!

Hey guys I was wondering with them releasing the waitlist and someone said that you can ask for your number weekly if they will be releasing an email or message that indicates this? Thanks!
If you are asking whether or not they will send a message telling you they "will start down the alternate list today" or something like that. The answer is no. Last year what they did was send out a message a couple days before they released ranks explaining roughly what would happen. They explained that ranks would be released on March 23 (last year's date), and that they would not be calling anyone off the list until at least April 1st, and not to expect much movement until after April 15 (the deadline for those initially accepted to decline/accept). After that message, the only updates I got on the alternate list was either from this website/other applicants or when I asked the admissions team. The guideline of asking once a week, was something I believe another applicant asked the admissions team and then posted on here if I remember correctly.

96 OOS! Cautiously optimistic. Does anyone know of resources for finding roommates, etc?

Hi there! If you don't mind me asking, what did you do in your year off between cycles. I am pretty worried a similar situation that you had last cycle will happen to me this year. I don't know if I should wait around until August to see if I get a call or if I should carry on as normal!
So as someone who has lived the waitlist life at a few different schools for a couple of cycles, my policy always is: plan for the worst, hope for the best. Last year I was pretty low on the Iowa waitlist, but even before I got my rank, I had already started working on my application and registering for summer courses that could boost my GPA

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? Also, I'll be at the Preview Day on the 8th if anyone would want to meet up during the event!!

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? Also, I'll be at the Preview Day on the 8th if anyone would want to meet up during the event!!
I’m #2 OOS and haven’t heard anything! I haven’t decided whether I’ll be accepting the seat or going to another school that accepted me but I’ll keep this group updated when I hear something :)

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone go to weekend 1 Preview day? How was it?!

I’m going this weekend and arrive on Thursday. Will be in Ames Friday and Saturday I’m down to meet up!! @Chqu22

• Love
I'm going to preview day this weekend! Couldn't make last weekend!

• Love
Is there an in state and out of state alternate list? If so, how does that work? Anyone hear any updates on admissions? :)

Is there an in state and out of state alternate list? If so, how does that work? Anyone hear any updates on admissions? :)
Hey! So there is an in state and out of state alternate list and they are ranked (you can check your status page to see your ranking), and this weekend at the preview day I believe they said they would start pulling from the alternate list toward the end of this month!

Hey! So there is an in state and out of state alternate list and they are ranked (you can check your status page to see your ranking), and this weekend at the preview day I believe they said they would start pulling from the alternate list toward the end of this month!
I hope it’s sooner than the end of this month. I was hoping for later in the week of the 17th. 😅

Is everyone on the same list? Or like do the go through in state and then out of state? First time going through this, thanks for your help :)

Took a pic at preview day for you all. They said deadline for offers is April 17th, after that they will start pulling people off the waitlist.
20230408_093226.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Waitlist is moving I received and in state offer this morning. I will be accepting with hopes for a deferral to open another position due to some recent news.

Reactions: 4 users