Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist is moving I received and in state offer this morning. I will be accepting with hopes for a deferral to open another position due to some recent news.
Congratulations! I hope everything is okay and you are able to defer.

Members don't see this ad.

I just declined my OOS seat, I hope that one of you gets it soon! Best of luck to all of you, be proud of your accomplishments!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there separate in state and OOS alternate lists? Is there an order that they take from? Thanks!

Are there separate in state and OOS alternate lists? Is there an order that they take from? Thanks!
Yes they are separate and they will go from the top of the list (ex: #1, then #2, then #3, etc.) then continue move down as seats become available with other people declining!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes they are separate and they will go from the top of the list (ex: #1, then #2, then #3, etc.) then continue move down as seats become available with other people declining!
So when OOS people decline, they offer to the OOS alternate list, and vice versa? Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was pulled off the OOS waitlist at 9 am CST! I was 6 on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Also just got my seat offer for OOS! #2 on the list. I have until the 13th to accept :)

I was pulled off OOS today. I was number 15. On Saturday they said 40-something had already declined seats, not sure IS vs OOS but we can assume mostly OOS.

Just declined my OOS seat - so happy to see the waitlist is moving, even before the deadline!! Congrats everyone❤️

Does anyone know what number they are up too for the OOS list by chance?

Does anyone know how much the deposit is for ISU? I am thinking I may be pulled off of their OOS list before I hear from other schools that are higher on my list! I am wondering how much money I may be losing if I have to withdraw. :,)

Does anyone know how much the deposit is for ISU? I am thinking I may be pulled off of their OOS list before I hear from other schools that are higher on my list! I am wondering how much money I may be losing if I have to withdraw. :,)
Also, is there any way of getting the deposit back?

I know the deposit is $750, but I am unsure if there is any way of getting the deposit back.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let the waitlisters know I got pulled off the waitlist today and I have declined my seat to go somewhere else! Goodluck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let the waitlisters know I got pulled off the waitlist today and I have declined my seat to go somewhere else! Goodluck guys!
Congrats! What number were you?

Reactions: 3 users
Will be declining my OOS seat offer today, I hope this helps y'all! Best of luck to everyone on their journey!!

Does anyone know what seat they're up to today?? Are they sending offers every day or every week?

I am not wondering if they have only started to send out invitation to those who have declined up to this point. The deadline is April 15 I believe, so I would assume the list would continue to move then! Stay hopeful everyone! We are so close!

Hi everyone, I'm probably going to accept my position at ISU. This is sorta a second career for me and I'll be 30 years old when starting school. Are there any other non-trad students on here planning to attend ISU?

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, I'm probably going to accept my position at ISU. This is sorta a second career for me and I'll be 30 years old when starting school. Are there any other non-trad students on here planning to attend ISU?
Me! I’m 25. I’ve been in the animal field since I was 14, but I took longer to get my $%#! together haha.

I’m still just an alternate but past history says there’s a good chance they’ll reach my spot and I’d be 34 at class start.

Just an update: the next alternate to be called will be #37

I am just an alternate, but if I get off the waitlist (59) then I will be accepting my spot. Don't fret though, I will be 28 when I start too and I am non-traditional as well because I had to bring some of my older grades up!

Accepted my OOS seat (was 31 on waitlist)!

Good luck to all of y’all, hope to see you in the class of 2027! 🐾

Reactions: 3 users
I know they've reached the 150s in the past. Any hope they'll reach that far? I really want to go to ISU this year

Last edited:
Those that accepted their positions at ISU, do we get the Net-ID AFTER we submit our acceptance form and deposit or before? I’m so confused on the message. When I go to “register”, it asks for an ID that I don’t have.

Those that accepted their positions at ISU, do we get the Net-ID AFTER we submit our acceptance form and deposit or before? I’m so confused on the message. When I go to “register”, it asks for an ID that I don’t have.
I was accepted back in February and the way it worked for me was that I had to submit my acceptance form and deposit first. Then a few weeks after that I got my student ID number posted. With the student ID number you can then start setting everything else up. Hope this helps.

I was accepted back in February and the way it worked for me was that I had to submit my acceptance form and deposit first. Then a few weeks after that I got my student ID number posted. With the student ID number you can then start setting everything else up. Hope this helps.
It does so much! I thought so, but I’m terrified of messing it up haha. Thank you!

Do we have a class of 2027 FB page yet? Congrats to everyone coming off the waitlist and more to come!!

It does so much! I thought so, but I’m terrified of messing it up haha. Thank you!
I was pulled off the waitlist recently and they told me once they receive the deposit, that they will post the University ID on my status page!

Hi there- I am 48 years old and starting this journey as my 2nd career. I’ve already accepted my seat about a month ago- and eager to get started. Would love to connect :)

• Care
Do we have a class of 2027 FB page yet? Congrats to everyone coming off the waitlist and more to come!!
Not yet, however once you have everything set up with your net id, you'll be invited to the canvas class page. :)

Who wants to ask about waitlist movement today 🤣