You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants
Started by dancingvet_loading
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futurevet?
Full Member
Massive snow storm in northwest Iowa 🙁 Hoping this is not a sign of the news I will get today!Hopefully the sun is shining wherever you are! 😁![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m in northwest Indiana and we’re having some crazy storms today. Was hailing went I went to work this morning!Massive snow storm in northwest Iowa 🙁 Hoping this is not a sign of the news I will get today!
Also in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week 😑I’m in northwest Indiana and we’re having some crazy storms today. Was hailing went I went to work this morning!
callaoak123
Full Member
Sunny and 80 degrees in FL 😂 would love to experience some seasons in my lifetimeAlso in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week 😑
It’s 85 where I am at in FL. We get summer and summer jr. with just a hint of fall. Experiencing the seasons would be nice.Sunny and 80 degrees in FL 😂 would love to experience some seasons in my lifetime
43 degrees and raining here in NY. At work currently to try to get my mind off decision day but clearly it’s not working 😂Massive snow storm in northwest Iowa 🙁 Hoping this is not a sign of the news I will get today!
Texas is playing Russian roulette with the weather. Texas goes through two seasons in a day.Also in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week 😑
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Out of curiosity, is anyone currently taking 1 or 2 classes to fulfill the prerequisite requirements? I was emailed back in the Fall after my application was first reviewed if I could re-take two courses because my school's course did not meet their full requirement. Does anyone know if that usually happens? I am just super anxious that not having a "complete" prereq on my application puts me way down on the list, but then I also feel like, why would they ask me to retake the courses?
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Hey which part of Wisconsin?! I'm here too!! LOLAlso in a "historic winter storm" in good ol' Wisconsin. Mother Nature really likes to play tricks on us, we were in the 40's just last week [emoji58]
Too funny! I'm in River Falls, so west-central Wisconsin 😊. And to answer your question on prereqs I had one when I was applying (physics 1) but finished that last semester.Hey which part of Wisconsin?! I'm here too!! LOL
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
I am finishing up genetics and anatomy because my previous courses weren’t considered compatible. So I got an email asking if I would retake the courses. Then I was told my application was back in the pool for consideration. I suppose because it is down to final hour I’m getting myself worked up! 😂Too funny! I'm in River Falls, so west-central Wisconsin 😊. And to answer your question on prereqs I had one when I was applying (physics 1) but finished that last semester.
my gpa is just at the cutoff so unless my essays pull through im dreading this email notification 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bubble_bee
Full Member
Honestly, I figuring I will be getting another reject. This is my last school out of 8. Pretty sure I will get same result as the other 7.
I'm in the same boat...this is my last hope this cycleHonestly, I figuring I will be getting another reject. This is my last school out of 8. Pretty sure I will get same result as the other 7.
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Remember, it only takes ONE yes! Hold your head high, this is a long and mentally exhausting road. You have come this far. Be proud! I am a little over the cutoffs. My last 45 is a 3.53 and my cum science is 3.24 (without these two courses). Currently I have A in both classes, but they aren't exactly doing me any good at the moment.Honestly, I figuring I will be getting another reject. This is my last school out of 8. Pretty sure I will get same result as the other 7.
I’ve been waitlisted to 3 schools ugh i just want innnnn so i’m feeling quite down too. hopefully this is the one for usI'm in the same boat...this is my last hope this cycle
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
I am waitlisted for Kansas and it feels like you're foot is almost in the door, but not quite. I totally feel this!I’ve been waitlisted to 3 schools ugh i just want innnnn so i’m feeling quite down too. hopefully this is the one for us
I’m also waitlisted at Kansas! i just want that weight off my shoulder from all of the waitingI am waitlisted for Kansas and it feels like you're foot is almost in the door, but not quite. I totally feel this!
I'm waitlisted to INTERVIEW at illinois and the anticipation is so brutal. If i'm not going to be offered an interview I want to know now so i can move on 🙁I’ve been waitlisted to 3 schools ugh i just want innnnn so i’m feeling quite down too. hopefully this is the one for us
What was the cut off?my gpa is just at the cutoff so unless my essays pull through im dreading this email notification 🙁
i think it depends based on extenuating circumstances/prereqs but from what I saw people below the 2.8-2.99 range got cut for science GPA- not 100% sure thoughWhat was the cut off?
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
This is an understatement. I am honestly ready for this part to be over.I’m also waitlisted at Kansas! i just want that weight off my shoulder from all of the waiting
morgan2000
Full Member
I’m realizing I prefer not knowing when I’m supposed to hear from schools [emoji27]
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
From what I understood in the Facebook group (low GPA page), if your cum science GPA fell below a 2.8, they cut those applications back in the fall.
Currently waitlisted at my IS and I don't feel confident about Iowa's decision tonight... besides this I am waiting on 2 others. My stats are identical to yours 😅, I have a slightly higher science but honestly that's kinda freaky!Remember, it only takes ONE yes! Hold your head high, this is a long and mentally exhausting road. You have come this far. Be proud! I am a little over the cutoffs. My last 45 is a 3.53 and my cum science is 3.24 (without these two courses). Currently I have A in both classes, but they aren't exactly doing me any good at the moment.
100%- I already know I will not be able to focus on anything for the next hourI’m realizing I prefer not knowing when I’m supposed to hear from schools [emoji27]
If anyone would like to collaborate on my physics 2 homework to take their mind off of things let me know 😂😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Oh great. I’m not alone then. I have been making myself sick over taking these courses. Not to mention, taking genetics and anatomy at the same time stinks. 😂 What better way to prepare you for vet school? 🤦🏼♀️Currently waitlisted at my IS and I don't feel confident about Iowa's decision tonight... besides this I am waiting on 2 others. My stats are identical to yours 😅, I have a slightly higher science but honestly that's kinda freaky!
I have been staring at this one physics homework problem for awhile now and just thinking to myself when am I EVER going to need to know how long a beam of protons should be in order to deliver a required amount of energy? Like what?!Oh great. I’m not alone then. I have been making myself sick over taking these courses. Not to mention, taking genetics and anatomy at the same time stinks. 😂 What better way to prepare you for vet school? 🤦🏼♀️
MayaFaye
Full Member
I have been staring at this one physics homework problem for awhile now and just thinking to myself when am I EVER going to need to know how long a beam of protons should be in order to deliver a required amount of energy? Like what?!
You’ll only need it for your 3 unit exams, and your final [emoji1787]
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
my gpa is just at the cutoff so unless my essays pull through im dreading this email notification 🙁
I looked at admission stats from previous years and they are known for accepting low GPAs/GPAs near the cutoff. They also are known for waitlisting A LOT of students (200+ I believe) and their waitlist is notorious for moving A LOT every year. Don’t lose hope! I think last year they were accepting people off the waitlist in the 180s
Positive thoughts and always find the silver lining in whatever our decision may be ❤️
does anyone know if they release waitlist ranks before April?I looked at admission stats from previous years and they are known for accepting low GPAs/GPAs near the cutoff. They also are known for waitlisting A LOT of students (200+ I believe) and their waitlist is notorious for moving A LOT every year. Don’t lose hope! I think last year they were accepting people off the waitlist in the 180s
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
I looked at previous theads and it looks like they're released mid-late March.does anyone know if they release waitlist ranks before April?
So if we do not receive an acceptance letter today than it’s safe to assume that you have been placed on alt list?I looked at previous theads and it looks like they're released mid-late March.
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
Not necessarily. You'll get a decision today (so acceptance, alternate, rejection), but you'll get your waitlist rank mid-late March.So if we do not receive an acceptance letter today than it’s safe to assume that you have been placed on alt list?
I think they’ll tell you where you’re at either way but just don’t release ranks til laterSo if we do not receive an acceptance letter today than it’s safe to assume that you have been placed on alt list?
It's all fun and games until you almost die trying to walk from your garage to your front door because Ames is just one giant ice sheet right nowIt’s 85 where I am at in FL. We get summer and summer jr. with just a hint of fall. Experiencing the seasons would be nice.
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Check emails!I have been staring at this one physics homework problem for awhile now and just thinking to myself when am I EVER going to need to know how long a beam of protons should be in order to deliver a required amount of energy?
OOS acceptance 🙂
Alternate! Pleasant surprise ☺️
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
OOS rejection 🙁 congrats to those who got in!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Alternate 😑
OOS Alternate
Oos alternate!
OOS rejection! Makes sense since they never even bothered to update my GPAs lol