Is an SMP a good idea for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flapjackrack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would just like to get a feel of whether you all feel that an SMP is a good decision for me. So for this cycle (my 1st) I have received 3 MD interviews (all OOS). I have been denied from 1, looks like in getting wait listed at 1, and still have one coming up.

My Stats are: 3.47 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA and a 508 MCAT. I still have one more semester of undergrad so I may hit 3.5 or so.

If you think that an SMP is a good idea, does anyone have any recommendations of programs for me to look into? I know about Toledo and UCincy.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would just like to get a feel of whether you all feel that an SMP is a good decision for me. So for this cycle (my 1st) I have received 3 MD interviews (all OOS, I'm an OH resident). I have been denied from 1, looks like in getting wait listed at 1, and still have one coming up.

My Stats are: 3.47 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA and a 508 MCAT. I still have one more semester of undergrad so I may hit 3.5 or so.

If you think that an SMP is a good idea, does anyone have any recommendations of programs for me to look into? I know about Toledo and UCincy.

Thanks guys!

I would say go ahead and start applying to SMP's as a backup. Your stats are in the average range for most of the top SMP's so you would be competitive, and I think your stats are also in the range that an SMP would be beneficial for you. I am currently at Cincy's SMP, and I definitely recommend that program. However, I can't say much about Toledo.