Is it OK to watch medical TV dramas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yes,
NBC released the official synopsis, promotional photos and video for Season 4 Episode 4 of Chicago Med - Backed Against The Wall. Check out the official synopsis and promotional photos as well as the sneak peeks online at FANdemonium Network.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just noticed that ER is available on Hulu, (alas, not Netflix). There are some ethical gems presented in that show and some instances of art imitating life. There is an episode called "Love's Labor Lost" that is stunning.

Dang, and I was just getting ready to cancel my Hulu subscription...I watched every episode of ER this first time it was on the air.
 
I just noticed that ER is available on Hulu, (alas, not Netflix). There are some ethical gems presented in that show and some instances of art imitating life. There is an episode called "Love's Labor Lost" that is stunning.

I just watched it. That was intense beyond words.
 
Watch whatever you want, as long as you don't base reality on it. That being said--Bob's Burgers and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are gold. Not doctor shows, but great laughs and comedy to lift spirits.
 
Watch whatever you want, as long as you don't base reality on it. That being said--Bob's Burgers and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are gold. Not doctor shows, but great laughs and comedy to lift spirits.

Where can you watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? It's not on Netflix
Heard so many good things about it
 
Where can you watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? It's not on Netflix
Heard so many good things about it
Hulu! If you have a current uni email address you can get a Spotify and Hulu subscription combined for 5 or 6 dollars a month I believe.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The good doctor is a good series, I'm curious how to see how "The Resident" ends up being...

It ended up being crap.

If real hospital life isn't like Scrubs I'm dippin' out.

If you're hoping that there'll be attendings who sarcastically insult you but really have a heart of gold, then you'll be disappointed as those attendings don't actually have a heart of gold. People breaking out into song and dance with fun flashbacks though...

Every once in a while, they will have a whole episode around an extremely easy to diagnose condition and make it seem like some crazy zebra.

My favorite one like that was where they were treating the gypsy kid who kept going into respiratory arrest and every test keep coming back negative. Then at the end you find out he swallowed a toothpick that was lodged in his esophagus and kept punching holes in blood vessels and his lungs but it never showed up on imaging because it was wood. Actually a pretty good episode and a strong lesson about the importance of a good H&P.

“Medical shows worth watching”:

1. MASH
2. Scrubs (not the last season)
3. Uhhh...that’s it I think.


I need to watch the Good Doctor because it looks awful and I want my anger about its awfulness to be justified

I like True Stories from the ER or whatever that show was where irl docs talked about crazy cases they had in the ED with reenactments. Not really a drama, but it had some interesting cases/stories.
 
It ended up being crap.

I like True Stories from the ER or whatever that show was where irl docs talked about crazy cases they had in the ED with reenactments. Not really a drama, but it had some interesting cases/stories.

The Resident had potential, but it really crapped out quickly, that was disappointing.

Love True Stories from the ER! It grosses my DH out though, so I only watch it when he’s gone, or I’m feeling really mean.