• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

XxSynapsexX

5+ Year Member
May 26, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Unfortunately I scored much lower than expected. Thought Id atleast hit 240s based on all my practice scores. Do I need research to make up for the lackluster step score? or will doing well in grades and step 2 be enough to match a mid- low tier DR program?

By the way I am an MD at a top 50 school

JJArms22

7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Unfortunately I scored much lower than expected. Thought Id atleast hit 240s based on all my practice scores. Do I need research to make up for the lackluster step score? or will doing well in grades and step 2 be enough to match a mid- low tier DR program?

By the way I am an MD at a top 50 school
You'll be fine, man. Your score is below average for rads, but you can still match to a good program. Top 50 helps also.

About the Ads

XxSynapsexX

5+ Year Member
May 26, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Im in the southeast (Florida area) so I have the best shot there. I would be completely content at matching at USF,UF,UM,FSU,FAU,FIU.
However I am open to any academic program that is reasonable.

Derv

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Im in the southeast (Florida area) so I have the best shot there. I would be completely content at matching at USF,UF,UM,FSU,FAU,FIU.
However I am open to any academic program that is reasonable.

You should definitely get interviews at a lot of South-East programs with that step score. I was also in the Southeast with a similar step score and got interviews at pretty much everywhere I applied in the SE except for Duke.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.