Is there something wrong with LECOM Bradenton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying here and have seen a comment or two not regarding the school in a positive light and was wondering if someone could mention why since I'm applying here. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
LECOM is the most affordable DO school. If I were a betting man I'd say some gunners are dissuading people from attending to improve their own chances and save $$$. All DO schools (outside of state ones) are the same, go to the cheapest one if you can.

Expect $150k for tuition and $40k for COL (Erie is CHEAP! and Bradenton/Elmira aren't too far off)

The second cheapest DO school is $200k tuition + easily $60-70k COL, and most are 350k+ total.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’ve got a friend who is at Erie, and this is his take:

The Bradenton campus is all PBL for the most part. This means that the onus of learning the required material to solve your given cases is on you. Many students who aren’t self driven have an issue with this, especially given the fact that the jump from undergrad to med school is difficult. He also says that the professors and staff tend not to be the most responsive nor the most helpful, which creates an even higher level of self-preparation.

They still have a decent match, but unless you do well with a flipped classroom style, it’s not for everyone and he’s glad he’s in Erie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally will not be able to survive PBL :(

Aren't most schools switching to PBL style anyway?

Aren't most schools switching to PBL style anyway?
Most are switching to faculty authored exams because of Step 1 becoming P/F, but many schools already have some sort of PBL component in their curriculums.

Last edited: