2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get an II and want to reject it? Like I already paid a deposit to a better school IMO. Do I just email them?
I appreciate you all for doing this. It gives people a chance 🙏😭

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II yesterday afternoon but I will be declining it. Good luck everyone and hope it goes to one of you!

just received alternate list

has anyone gotten off alternate list or know the likelihood?

Interviewed in early September and just got WL. LM 67

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else not hear anything and had their info session in August? Feeling ghosted…thankfully I have an A at a better school but very sh**** of LECOM to do this to people

Cross posted to Erie too

Waitlisted today although I withdrew my app and had received confirmation

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
just received alternate list

has anyone gotten off alternate list or know the likelihood?
Was wondering the same thing tbh, although I did read success stories on Reddit about people getting off the alternate list .. but yet again it’s different every cycle so we have to see how this is gonna play out .. but we are already seeing people withdrawing their applications so early in the cycle so 🤞🏽

Last edited:
  • Love
Anyone still stuck on the "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

I've been here since the first week of July :cryi:

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone still stuck on the "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Same :/

Yes same here! I hope it doesn't foreshadow R or anything like that. I wonder why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes same here! I hope it doesn't foreshadow R or anything like that. I wonder why?
I got the R from Erie already. I'm still confused as to whether or not the two are connected

I got the R from Erie already. I'm still confused as to whether or not the two are connected
Bradenton admissions is separate from the northern branches (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira).
It is possible be rejected from the Northern group and still be in the running for Bradenton.

Bradenton admissions is separate from the northern branches (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira).
It is possible be rejected from the Northern group and still be in the running for Bradenton.
Thank you for the clarification!

Anyone know if the fafsa code is the same as the PA campus?
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov.
    • Be sure you select the correct academic year.
    • Use LECOM as the college listed to receive the FAFSA data in Step 6 of the FAFSA.
    • The Federal School Code for LECOM (all locations and all programs) is G30908.

Have many people still received acceptances without attending the on-campus days?

Hello! Received an interview invite 01/02, OOS and scheduled my info session 3/18. So even if I submit my interview video before March, I most likely wont hear until after my info session?

Hello! Received an interview invite 01/02, OOS and scheduled my info session 3/18. So even if I submit my interview video before March, I most likely wont hear until after my info session?

You 100% will not get a decision before the zoom info session, which is a required part of the process. They don’t even fully look at your app till after the info session, which is why you’ll still have red X’s on your Folder Items on the LECOM portal until at least a week after the info session. Hope this helps!

You 100% will not get a decision before the zoom info session, which is a required part of the process. They don’t even fully look at your app till after the info session, which is why you’ll still have red X’s on your Folder Items on the LECOM portal until at least a week after the info session. Hope this helps!
I have the red x's yet not call up for II. It says my app is sent to admin for further review for months :/.

Just did my info session today. does anyone know the timeline to hear back about their decision?

Just did my info session today. does anyone know the timeline to hear back about their decision?
Nobody really knows, it’s a cluster**** it seems, I had my info session in mid August and haven’t heard a single thing from here or Erie

Did anyone have an issue with scheduling the info session? It seems like all dates are full when I looked at the schedule today.

Hello! I have reviewed the possible interview questions from Reddit and I have reached out to a few applicants, telling me that they’ve been asked completely different questions? Like when was a situation in which you perceived negatively or if a man goes fishing, what does he need to know? Have any of you received any other questions that were different from the ones online?
Also, have they combined questions such as why DO? Why medicine? Been trying to practice as much as I can for my interview.

Hello! I have reviewed the possible interview questions from Reddit and I have reached out to a few applicants, telling me that they’ve been asked completely different questions? Like when was a situation in which you perceived negatively or if a man goes fishing, what does he need to know? Have any of you received any other questions that were different from the ones online?
Also, have they combined questions such as why DO? Why medicine? Been trying to practice as much as I can for my interview.

Mine were pretty much completely different than online, but not impossible to answer. I got one that was asking about if a patient came to you with a new diet they wanted to try, how would you decide whether to support it or not. I also had one about starting a study group and how I would deal with people constantly being late or not showing up.

Declined my interview invite here. Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Is the waitlist ranked and does anyone know how movement on it usually is? I’m assuming LECOM has already sent out almost all of their acceptances as of now being late in the cycle and is WL most people right now but idk

Is the waitlist ranked and does anyone know how movement on it usually is? I’m assuming LECOM has already sent out almost all of their acceptances as of now being late in the cycle and is WL most people right now but idk
I don’t think they are ranked but I hope someone can confirm that for me . Waitlist and Alt movement usually occurs around May-July after the deadline for accepted students to save a seat.

Just finished the video response for the interview. Beating myself up for having a short answer to the first question but overall, I was able to answer the rest to the best of my ability. Now, I gotta wait for my zoom informational meeting 3/18th. Would it take a few weeks from that date to hear about a decision?

Just finished the video response for the interview. Beating myself up for having a short answer to the first question but overall, I was able to answer the rest to the best of my ability. Now, I gotta wait for my zoom informational meeting 3/18th. Would it take a few weeks from that date to hear about a decision?

It took me about a month to hear back after my info session, but it was also postponed by Christmas. They told us it would probably be late January when we heard something but I heard at the end of december.

Is it possible to get in with a 498, 3.7, and a 34 on the ACT? (I applied and filled out the supplemental questions today)
Also, how long does it take to receive an interview after filling out the supplemental application in their portal?

Last edited:
Is it possible to get in with a 498, 3.7, and a 34 on the ACT? (I applied and filled out the supplemental questions today)
Also, how long does it take to receive an interview after filling out the supplemental application in their portal?

There aren’t any set timelines for literally anything in this process. You could heard back in a week or a month or several months tbh. Also just bc you submitted the supplemental doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed an interview invite.

Do I have to send my letters of rec to Lecom directly after finishing the interview or do they already have access to them from aacomas?

For those of you who had your information session, how long was it and what were the timings?

For those of you who had your information session, how long was it and what were the timings?

You’ll receive an email a day or two beforehand with an exact schedule/timeline! I wanna say 2-4 hours but it’s been several months since I had mine so I can’t remember exactly

I interviewed on 12/23, waitlisted today.

withdrew my acceptance here. good luck y’all!

Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like

Eh, I received the waitlist notice yesterday, but accepted off the waitlist today. LM68, OOS. Currently if you get accepted, you have 2 weeks to pay the deposit.($500) I will not pay the deposit and will withdraw my acceptance very soon. Hope it goes to you or others who need it. Their tuition is really attractive... I wish it's a school closer to my home.

Edit: the initial non-refundable fee is $1500, it can be applied to the tuition. Later, there is also another $500 matriculation fee that's due.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who applied not heard anything yet? I have been completed since late August. Not sure if this is good or bad and I'm considering sending an update letter.