2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email "Alternate Accepted" What does this mean?
"On behalf of the LECOM Bradenton Admissions Committee, I wish to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate. Alternates may be notified of acceptance through the third week in July 2024.
To confirm your interest in being an alternate for the Class of 2028, please email [email protected]. If you do not confirm your continuing interest, within two weeks of the date of this letter, it is understood that you decline your status as an alternate; and your application will be withdrawn"

Is this a waitlist ? Also anyone have any miracle stories of getting off this list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email "Alternate Accepted" What does this mean?
"On behalf of the LECOM Bradenton Admissions Committee, I wish to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate. Alternates may be notified of acceptance through the third week in July 2024.
To confirm your interest in being an alternate for the Class of 2028, please email [email protected]. If you do not confirm your continuing interest, within two weeks of the date of this letter, it is understood that you decline your status as an alternate; and your application will be withdrawn"

Is this a waitlist ? Also anyone have any miracle stories of getting off this list?

SDN replies seem to suggest it’s identical to the WL but Reddit replies seem to suggest it’s the backup to the WL so honestly who knows D: (and on both sites people state that that’s the answer they’ve been given by admissions sooo )

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my info session on 11/27, I have this message now in my portal. I've just never seen it before, especially since it changed this quickly.

Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post-interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee.

Just had my info session on 11/27, I have this message now in my portal. I've just never seen it before, especially since it changed this quickly.

Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post-interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee.

Mine is the same. I had my info session Monday as well

i submitted my secondary yesterday. what is the time line for lecom?

There isn’t one now that the ED period has passed. Days to months to hear about whether you’ve moved on to the next stage or not (as was actually the case with ED applicants, too).

does anyone know how the in person visits impact your application?

submitting a secondary in December is kinda late for some schools to my knowledge so I’m not too sure ? But if I had to guess you could hear back in May?

does anyone know how the in person visits impact your application?

Word on the street is that while not going doesn’t ding your app, going does help it bc apparently they take attendance?? But I didn’t opt for one so I’m not 100%.

Just withdrew my acceptance from this school. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When does financial aid come out

? You apply for federal financial aid on FAFSA, and you’re allowed to take out as much as the school states it costs to attend the program (including tuition, COL, etc). It isn’t like undergrad where your loan amount is dependent on how much income you do/don’t have. Disbursement of funds after tuition has been paid is like 1-2 weeks after the semester begins. If you have more questions I’d contact the financial aid office.

Also for anyone’s information wondering if Waitlist and Alternate are the same: Admissions said Waitlists applicants are reviewed prior to Alternate applicants when a seat becomes available.

Is there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students?

Ive had this status for months: "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." What does this mean if it's been like this for months?

Ive had this status for months: "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." What does this mean if it's been like this for months?
it means they haven't decided whether to interview you or not :(

Oh ok I was wondering its that R or not. Bc it's been like this for so long. Thx u.

If they straight up R you you’ll still get a 14- or 30-day message first, which just says that a decision has been made and you’ll receive further details via email or mail etc etc

I interviewed in September and was supposed to hear back over a month ago. What’s going on? Honestly I’m not even considering this school anymore but maybe I would’ve if they were timely with a decision.

If they straight up R you you’ll still get a 14- or 30-day message first, which just says that a decision has been made and you’ll receive further details via email or mail etc etc
Hmm okay yea I never got those messages. Not sure if I should be worried or not lol appreciate it m8.

I interviewed in September and was supposed to hear back over a month ago. What’s going on? Honestly I’m not even considering this school anymore but maybe I would’ve if they were timely with a decision.

If you’re talking about the 11/15 date, that was never a hard and fast date by which you’d receive a decision. A lot of people misunderstood that. LECOM just stated that the *soonest* you could likely receive a non-ED decision was 11/15.

Hmm okay yea I never got those messages. Not sure if I should be worried or not lol appreciate it m8.

No news is good news if they haven’t reached a decision then they haven’t rejected you!!

for folks wondering about the alternate vs waitlist for bradenton campus, I emailed them and this was their reply. Not quite sure if this clears anything up. Kinda bummed about being on the alternate list as I went and got a masters degree to make my application more competitive (was placed on alternate list as well during the 21-22 cycle) but not too bummed as I’ve already gotten accepted elsewhere. Good luck peeps!

Attachments

• IMG_9123.png
    IMG_9123.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 161
Maybe in past years! But if you go through this year’s LECOM Reddit threads apparently it’s the back up to the WL this year View attachment 379170
This is the email I received from admissions about alternate vs waitlist. From the email it seems that alternate is the waitlist. Unless accept by committee means waitlist? Seems to be kinda cryptic lol

Attachments

• IMG_9123.png
    IMG_9123.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 154
This is the email I received from admissions about alternate vs waitlist. From the email it seems that alternate is the waitlist. Unless accept by committee means waitlist? Seems to be kinda cryptic lol
That’s so confusing ugh

Did anyone from 11/30 info sess get a decision yet? I called and they said my app was still under review and I will either hear soon or end of spring

Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

Reactions: 3 users
oos acceptance today!! info session was 11/27

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed 11/4 and still says committee is reviewing, am I screwed?

Did anyone get an II and want to reject it? Like I already paid a deposit to a better school IMO. Do I just email them?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an II and want to reject it? Like I already paid a deposit to a better school IMO. Do I just email them?

honestly you wont hear from this school for months. admin sucks and i put down a deposit for another thats miles better. i withdrew - gave it to another student who may want this school more than me. just email them

Reactions: 2 users
honestly you wont hear from this school for months. admin sucks and i put down a deposit for another thats miles better. i withdrew - gave it to another student who may want this school more than me. just email them

yup will be doing this

IS II today, 1/2/24 Lizzy 60