Issues with dentist LORs - no signature, no letterhead, no correct spelling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNCafDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two dentist LORs stored on Interfolio. I called Interfolio and found out that one letter lacks a signature and contact information (letter is not on letterhead). The other letter has my name misspelled.

1. I am afraid that the LOR that is lacking a signature and contact info will be rejected by dental schools.

2. Interfolio said that when I request that the letter with the misspelling go to AADSAS, Interfolio will not send it, since my name on the letter does not match the name on the application.

That leaves me with zero letters. I have contacted these dentists a few times, and they keep saying they will fix the letters and resubmit. But they have not fixed and uploaded the letters.

What are my options if these dentists never upload the correct letters? Will dental schools accept a letter just signed "Dr. John Doe" (no contact info and signature)?? Any way to convince Interfolio to send out the letter with the (minor) misspelling??

I feel like I am stuck with these un-submitable letters.

Members don't see this ad.

I have two dentist LORs stored on Interfolio. I called Interfolio and found out that one letter lacks a signature and contact information (letter is not on letterhead). The other letter has my name misspelled.

1. I am afraid that the LOR that is lacking a signature and contact info will be rejected by dental schools.

2. Interfolio said that when I request that the letter with the misspelling go to AADSAS, Interfolio will not send it, since my name on the letter does not match the name on the application.

That leaves me with zero letters. I have contacted these dentists a few times, and they keep saying they will fix the letters and resubmit. But they have not fixed and uploaded the letters.

What are my options if these dentists never upload the correct letters? Will dental schools accept a letter just signed "Dr. John Doe" (no contact info and signature)?? Any way to convince Interfolio to send out the letter with the (minor) misspelling??

I feel like I am stuck with these un-submitable letters.
You should just contact the dentist and have them fix their mistakes.

Reactions: 1 users