-July 31, 2009 MCAT Official Thread-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all those taking the July 31st 8am administration.

This will be my second time taking the test after May 22nd, 2009.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel as if it was so long ago. I barely remember anything.

I already sent in tons of secondaries so I will have to run with what I got regardless. I realllllly hope I improved a few points. I would feel infinitely more comfortable.

Agreed! I hope I did even a few points better as I too sent all my secondaries in (with the exception of the slacker schools I won't mention that either haven't sent me one or haven't "screened me in" ahem.. Wayne State who said they're waiting for this score as an OOS, UCLA which is hopeless and Drexel who hasn't even sent me a secondary...). Now my credit card bill is stacked and I have no interviews.. my FANTASY is that I suddenly wake up on Sept. 2 with 20 interview invites in my inbox! Lol... Jk... maybe Sept. 10.. :laugh: Fingers crossed... Although the VCU rejection without them even waiting for the retake was a huge blow but life goes on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed! I hope I did even a few points better as I too sent all my secondaries in (with the exception of the slacker schools I won't mention that either haven't sent me one or haven't "screened me in" ahem.. Wayne State who said they're waiting for this score as an OOS, UCLA which is hopeless and Drexel who hasn't even sent me a secondary...). Now my credit card bill is stacked and I have no interviews.. my FANTASY is that I suddenly wake up on Sept. 2 with 20 interview invites in my inbox! Lol... Jk... maybe Sept. 10.. :laugh: Fingers crossed... Although the VCU rejection without them even waiting for the retake was a huge blow but life goes on.

I am in the same boat with Drexel. Whatever. Everyone is waiting so I am not too worried. I haven't gotten a rejection yet, but I am sure I am about to get a rejection downpour sooner or later.

Same... I also keep telling myself that it will only take one school to see past these scores and bad organic chem grades while working full time... just 1 !!!

Why do I keep checking this forum? it just stresses me out haha. I'm done until the scores come out. See you all next week. Good luck!!!

I feel as if it was so long ago. I barely remember anything.

I already sent in tons of secondaries so I will have to run with what I got regardless. I realllllly hope I improved a few points. I would feel infinitely more comfortable.

Same here... I barely remember anything about the test at all... Keeping my fingers crossed with all the secondaries I've sent in so far!!

ahhh I am soo glad I havent looked at this page in a month hahaha. felt so good to get away.

lets keep those hopes up! big things!

This was my first try at the MCAT. I have a quick question. Will they email us our scores or email a link to log in to our account? Or do they send them by snail mail to our address because I am away from my permanent address and I don't want my mom to be the first to see it.

This was my first try at the MCAT. I have a quick question. Will they email us our scores or email a link to log in to our account? Or do they send them by snail mail to our address because I am away from my permanent address and I don't want my mom to be the first to see it.

Nothing will sent or emailed to you, on the day the score is released, you go to the MCAT section of the AAMC website and access the section called "score report login" and the news will be there waiting for you ... hopefully good news :)

Members don't see this ad :)
took the 31st, am starting to feel nuts. were there any other tests between july second and the 30th? also, anyone know how long amcas actually takes to verify? its been over a month.

Anyone think it could be posted on Monday?

they might post the July 30th test takers on Monday and the July 31st test takers on the scheduled Tuesday to make up for the one day difference maybe?..though I hope they just post the scores of both test dates on Monday and just end the suffering :xf: ..feels like I took it such a LONG time ago...

Does anyone know if the curve for the actual test is easier/better than the AAMC exams? It seems like people would do much better on the AAMC practice tests because there is no pressure.

Does anyone know if the curve for the actual test is easier/better than the AAMC exams? It seems like people would do much better on the AAMC practice tests because there is no pressure.

No one knows unless they specifically know exactly the amount they got wrong somehow and compared it to a practice AAMC. So basically, no one ever knows.

oh man, i just hope they never post these scores :( i feel like a 27-29.. but i'm hoping for a 30, haha.
That feeling sucks...27-29 is that dreadful area that no one wants to be in...i would rather get a 25 bc at least then i' would be able to realize that the way i prepared was completely wrong. with a 28, your kinda left wondering what to do??? lol You will get your 30----no worries

Eh if I got a 29 I would be happy and fairly confident that I would get in somewhere. A 29 is a pretty competitive score SDN makes it seem likes its not whatsoever.

Eh if I got a 29 I would be happy and fairly confident that I would get in somewhere. A 29 is a pretty competitive score SDN makes it seem likes its not whatsoever.
I agree...let me clarify what i meant by my earlier post...A 28-29 is a respectable score but it does place you in a category of matriculation uncertainty with most med schools. Dont get me wrong, its a good score, it just comes with a greater anxiety than a 24-25 bc with a 24-25 you know your going to have to re-take. a 28-29 puts you in a greater amount of limbo...By no means am i knocking that score. And yes i agree with you SDN has a way of messing with your head;)

Hmm.seems like you are knocking a 24-25 too. SDN is this weird alternative universe - remember the average is about a 24-25. I got a 25 the first go around which was in the 50th percentile according to AMCAS meaning that there are 50 percent of test takers (obviously not on SDN) that did worse. According to MSAR someone with my GPA and a 25 MCAT still stands a 35 percent chance of getting admitted (according to their funky chart on p.29). Yes you look at most schools 10-90 percentiles do not fall in this range, but I'd like to think they look at the whole package or I'll start getting depressed about medical education.

Hmm.seems like you are knocking a 24-25 too. SDN is this weird alternative universe - remember the average is about a 24-25. I got a 25 the first go around which was in the 50th percentile according to AMCAS meaning that there are 50 percent of test takers (obviously not on SDN) that did worse. According to MSAR someone with my GPA and a 25 MCAT still stands a 35 percent chance of getting admitted (according to their funky chart on p.29). Yes you look at most schools 10-90 percentiles do not fall in this range, but I'd like to think they look at the whole package or I'll start getting depressed about medical education.
Sorry if it appeared like i'm dissing anyone's scores...i'm not...to even attempt this test is an amazing feat in itself. Sorry indigo... But one thing my comment failed to bring into the picture is GPA...you hit the nail on the head... a 25 on the MCAT for me with my suck ***** GPA would mean def retake...guess its relative to your GPA platform... Hope you knocked it out of the park on your second attempts and get your acceptance letter soon!! GL man

I was just notified that my AMCAS primary application was processed, and I noticed that I entered the wrong ethnicity. How can I change this? Do I need to contact AMCAS? What can I do?

My guess would be around 3pm EST. Sometimes they come out earlier but this time seems to be the norm.

Thanks unDRdog... I hope you did too! Fingers crossed. :xf: My science GPA unfortunately leaves much to be desired since it was all post bac work while I was working....

Sorry if it appeared like i'm dissing anyone's
scores...i'm not...to even attempt this test is an amazing feat in itself. Sorry indigo... But one thing my comment failed to bring into the picture is GPA...you hit the nail on the head... a 25 on the MCAT for me with my suck ***** GPA would mean def retake...guess its relative to your GPA platform... Hope you knocked it out of the park on your second attempts and get your acceptance letter soon!! GL man

Ok. So I managed to pretend that I wasn't on the verge of throwing up every stinking time I thought about finding out my scores for the last 3.8 weeks......AND NOW I AM GOING INSANE! This weekend has gone by SO slowly!

I'm dyin' here!

I didn't feel good walking out of the test and to make it worse I have had recurring nightmares centering around a composite score of 21Q!
At least it's a Q on the WS, right? lol

Only a few more hours. :laugh:

T

Ok. So I managed to pretend that I wasn't on the verge of throwing up every stinking time I thought about finding out my scores for the last 3.8 weeks......AND NOW I AM GOING INSANE! This weekend has gone by SO slowly!

I'm dyin' here!

I didn't feel good walking out of the test and to make it worse I have had recurring nightmares centering around a composite score of 21Q!
At least it's a Q on the WS, right? lol

Only a few more hours. :laugh:

T

I had a nightmare two nights ago that I made a 25 E. Yes, that's right. E. Because apparently, I had done so badly on the writing sample that they had to lower the grading scale for me. Yeah, that freaked me out.

Wow it's 5 AM and I can't sleep at all. Not because of this... just randomly.

Oh well... Michael Jackson & Sporcle until the sun comes up it is...

I am so nervous about these scores. This is my second time taking them and my last chance. I'm going to say a prayer and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone waiting for scores!!! :)

:scared::scared::scared:

lstone that's too much! I am surprised my mind didn't come up with something like that to torture me.

Why do they make us wait......and wait.........and wait..........

I just know ours scores won't be posted until 11:59pm tomorrow. :laugh:

-T

I have not posted yet on this thread.

But I am a part of the July 31st club. And, I'd like to wish everyone with the best of luck tomorrow.

For me:

BS > VR > PS

I'm a Micro/Molecular Biology major and the bio section was a very difficult section.

My scores on the AAMC were:

8 - 29
4 - 31
5 - 33
9 - 33
7 - 33
6 - 33
10 - 33

Good luck tomorrow!

I have never met anyone who got into a US MD school with a 24-25. I know LOTS of people who got into a DO school or Caribbean school with that score. Not to be cynaical but no one ever told me that I could get in with that score.

A 28-29 however, I do know people who got into a U.S. MD. Usually they applied SUPER early and have outstanding everything else. So far, all my friends that got in have 33-42 MCATs.

Maybe I'm wrong and that would be nice :) Good luck everyone. I don't know whats wrong with me but at first I was hoping for all 28+ but recently I feel like I might have gotten 33+. Confidence is coming slowly for some reason.

Who is going to be checking all day today!!! How nerve wrecking...

I am just hoping this comes out better... I have a 4.0 and got a 26 last time (6 on verbal). I feel like I bombed verbal again this time... My application is VERY VERY competitive, with exception of my MCAT score. I would hate to be screened and removed from the applicant pool simply because of this exam. I've worked too hard. Hopefully this score will be better-- lord knows I studied!

I wish everyone the very very best!

yea my verbal was bad last time too (7) and im not sure about verbal this time, but i feel very confident about the sciences so hopefully there will be at least some improvement to make me competitive enough for most of my schools.

Ahhh did you realize we won't get our scores until after 5 p.m. tomorrow??? I just found that out...