-July 31, 2009 MCAT Official Thread-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all those taking the July 31st 8am administration.

This will be my second time taking the test after May 22nd, 2009.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck guys! i'm an 8/06 taker, but i am really eager to see how you guys did! i'm hoping you all blew it away so i can maybe not have a panic attack for the next week :)

Has anyone actually called to see if they will release today. I called the last time and told me exactly when they would release the scores....and it was NOT per the posted schedule. Give them a call and quit worrying....

Has anyone actually called to see if they will release today. I called the last time and told me exactly when they would release the scores....and it was NOT per the posted schedule. Give them a call and quit worrying....

i was going to ask the same question but then remember reading in a previous MCAT thread how someone called and the representative said it would be released the scheduled release day by 3pm and that there was no chance of it being released a day earlier but the scores were in fact released a day early at 5pm..lol

So what do we actually get to see when they post the scores? Just the scores or do we get to see our test and what we got right/wrong?

You will see your scaled scores (9-9-11 etc), as well as your percentile ranking. You will not see any part of the test or what questions you got wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
lstone13 - your mdapps has you already with an mcat score. Didn't you go through this already? They don't give you the test to look at just a score in each section and your percentile.

I'm hitting refresh every 4 seconds at work... good thing I'll be leaving soon... but alas my phone has the web...

I'm not getting anything done at all today. Work is reaaaaaaaally not keeping my attention.

Every time my email beeps to tell me there is a new post on this thread I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.

Ugh.

I've been on hold for 20 mins on the AAMC line. Tryin to ask when the scores will come out....

This year seems to be on trend, I know the June 18th scores were late because the database was corrupted apparently.

PRAY!

I've been on hold for 20 mins on the AAMC line. Tryin to ask when the scores will come out....

This year seems to be on trend, I know the June 18th scores were late because the database was corrupted apparently.

PRAY!

Never again. Never again. Never again. (not the prayer, the corruption lol)

Last edited:
I think the people who took the test on the 30th will get there scores up before we do...

I think the people who took the test on the 30th will get there scores up before we do...

not looking like they will be released today...its already almost 5:30 pm EST..most people start leaving their offices around 5/5:30pm...unless they have an automatic system that releases the score at a specified time..lol im done checking every 10 minutes..too exhausted...am very surprised was thinking that they would AT LEAST release july 30th scores today.. :thumbdown:

Im trying to work on a secondary, my last one actually, and am very distracted. I hate the mcat, more so aamc.

For reals? Actually its not that bad, I do admit, I have seen a couple episodes.

Yea, I was expecting it to be bad, but its pretty good. Figured it wouldn't be expected for someone my age to think so, so it helps with the anonymity.

took the mcat for the 3rd time on july 31st. was making 28-31 on aamc tests. went in there for the real one, walked out in tears. i felt like i blew it again. my first two scores were 21 and then 20. i'm feeling really nervous about looking at the score today. anyone as discouraged as i am?

Yea, I was expecting it to be bad, but its pretty good. Figured it wouldn't be expected for someone my age to think so, so it helps with the anonymity.

You know its surprising funny...I agree the first time I saw it I was like omg...so for 14 year olds. But I sat and watched a whole episode and I liked it. It was pretty cool. If I was like 13-14, I'd totally love it!

You know its surprising funny...I agree the first time I saw it I was like omg...so for 14 year olds. But I sat and watched a whole episode and I liked it. It was pretty cool. If I was like 13-14, I'd totally love it!

I Completely agree!

so uh how does it help with anonymity if it (liking iCarly) is uncommon? just a thought

<confession>
My name is sketch. I am 22 years old and I have seen every episode of iCarly ever made. That show is the shiz.:thumbup:
</confession>

Hey everyone! Long time spectator, but first time poster here. I am also part of the 7/31 club and just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow! We are so close...

There is no hope. We're all doomed. The curve must be non-existent on that test! There must have been many perfect scores on that July 31st administration.
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

<confession>
My name is sketch. I am 22 years old and I have seen every episode of iCarly ever made. That show is the shiz.:thumbup:
</confession>

Love this show! And thanks for the confession. As far as anonymity goes, being an iCarly fan is not among the first couple of things you are likely to learn about a 20 year old. Since it isn't particularly personal to me, I doubt anyone would know who I am. I wish everyone luck tomorrow!

So......since I can't sleep I was just thinking. BAD IDEA.

What if all of our test scores were deleted on accident and that is the delay....THEY DON'T EXIST!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek:

:laugh:

Ok but really..... ;)

I think those shows are a good way to unwind at the end of the day... Although, have you seen Hoarders on A&E? It's new and really interesting/amazing/horrifying. I'm addicted. One of my MS3 friends and I really like Toddlers and Tiaras too. It really pulls you in!

Lol jk there Carly. Everyone can enjoy a sappy Nickelodeon show grooming the next generation of child star.

You're telling me you have discovered no better way at all in life but to unwind to television?

Well gardening and walking the dog after dark aren't such great ideas and sometimes my brain is too tired to read anything for fun. I do knit and crochet, although at 11 pm watching The Nanny really is more appealing. To each his own.

haha okay editing this because the "fake release" post was removed. unless i hallucinated it.

ANYWAY. good luck everyone! :thumbup::luck:

Last edited:
if u're referring to my faux pas...someone posted that scores were released jokingly, but by the time I had a chance to respond he/she took it down. so i edited! sorry for the confusion, still learning proper sdn etiquette :)

if u're referring to my faux pas...someone posted that scores were released jokingly, but by the time I had a chance to respond he/she took it down. so i edited! sorry for the confusion, still learning proper sdn etiquette :)

Oh, okay. I was momentarily terrified. My mom thinks tomorrow will be exciting. I think it's more like walking the plank. With sharks waiting for me at the bottom.

My bad! Yea this can get pretty miserable. First time I took it I needed a stiff drink to check the score...haha. It's not as bad second time around but still like walking a plank :)