-July 31, 2009 MCAT Official Thread-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all those taking the July 31st 8am administration.

This will be my second time taking the test after May 22nd, 2009.

Members don't see this ad.

This is my second time as well. I have to cover my eyes when I click "enter." I'm registered for a 9/10 test but have had some things come up and haven't actually studied since 7/30... Not sure what to do now. I can take it, but how will 3 lousy scores look? Either way I will study and take it in January, though very few schools will take a January score for c/o 2014, except as an addendum to the original application.

Have faith :) too many of us have been pleasantly surprised by scores :) this excitement is what Christmas in hell feels like. Okay back to late night crappy MTV

Have faith :) too many of us have been pleasantly surprised by scores :) this excitement is what Christmas in hell feels like. Okay back to late night crappy MTV

Thanks, good luck to you too! I hope everyone gets good news tomorrow. I'm reading genetics until Hoarders comes on in twenty minutes. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So in the past does anyone know if they had two testing dates back to back with the same release date if they released the scores of the earlier test date first?

Good luck everyone; hopefully in the next 10 hours our scores will be up...

Last edited:
So in the past does anyone know if they had two testing dates back to back with the same release date if they released the scores of the earlier test date first?

Good luck everyone; hopefully in the next 10 hours our scores will be up...

They do release the first test's first. But y'all's should follow soon after. :luck: today!

Take a breather. I fretted for about 8 hours for June 18th releases, then stopped fretting for an hour-long drive home, and decided to watch a YT video filled with crude humor, during when scores were released. Stress and slacking aren't going to get your scores out faster. If I had my way, I would be sleeping for the day and then pleasantly opening my scores, or having someone else yell the scores for me to wake me up.

Last edited:
If it's posted at 5 today, I'm going to miss it!!! I have to work from 3:30-7:30! That will be the longest shift of my life!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I kind of don't want to know. Denial is key, especially when
at work, LOL! I don't want to check my score at work today.

Are they released yet? I'm too scared to check.

You almost made me check right there, but I know once I check I will be refreshing every 30 seconds... It happened yesterday afternoon and I don't want to get into that trap again!!

I think I'll just check here in the hope that someone who isn't at work can afford to refresh every 30 seconds, haha.

LOL! I keep refreshing here. I can't bear to refresh on the site that will display my actual score. That's torture!

I just saw that on the 7/30 thread someone said an AMCAS representative said the scores would be posted after 5PM... but I think they say that every time just to be safe... Who knows.

Maybe they said 5pm because they know people will check throughout the day and the website won't be overloaded with "traffic". I think I'll check after I break my fast so there's plenty of time left to keep praying.

Complaints, regrades, angry people, etc. They want people to at least have thought about it before calling back.

Haha, they should release the scores and then close down the offices for the day. Or just take all the phones off the hook. Busy signals for all.

Technically speaking, constantly refreshing your scores page is basically participating in a DDOS attack against the MCAT server. I'm pretty sure they don't mind the neurotic refreshing, but it basically IS being an annoying user to constantly spam-refresh a website. I'd imagine the bandwidth/electricity bills on score-release days is off the charts.

I'm sure if any of your friends want experience dealing with DDOS security, working for the MCAT people would be like experiencing a real DDOS emergency every two weeks during testing season.

For some reason I feel less anxious today then I did yesterday... that makes absolutely no sense.... Anyone here hoping to do psychiatry and want to take a crack at that?...

I'm glad I'm going to busy until 6:00. It will keep my mind off of the scores!

Good luck everyone :) Be brave and post your scores! Generally its always the 30+ people but don't be shy, give support.

I'm glad I'm going to busy until 6:00. It will keep my mind off of the scores!

Good luck everyone :) Be brave and post your scores! Generally its always the 30+ people but don't be shy, give support.

Haha, you are... as your name advertises! Forget what I said about not feeling anxious today... I just hadn't given it a long enough wait! Is anyone else trying to work right now?...

Hey you guys!!! I am sending you hopeful telepathic vibes from your neighbor in the North!!! I will be just like you in about a week from today so best of luck to you all and I hope you get what you've worked and hoped for!:)

Mel:luck:

Hang in there Zona! I think you were one of the people waiting with me to get our scores from the 5/22 testing, am I right? Here we go round 2!!

Technically speaking, constantly refreshing your scores page is basically participating in a DDOS attack against the MCAT server. I'm pretty sure they don't mind the neurotic refreshing, but it basically IS being an annoying user to constantly spam-refresh a website. I'd imagine the bandwidth/electricity bills on score-release days is off the charts.

I'm sure if any of your friends want experience dealing with DDOS security, working for the MCAT people would be like experiencing a real DDOS emergency every two weeks during testing season.

ROFLOL Reloading a page every minute isn't even close to a DDOS attack. Try reloading the page with no temp files held every quarter of a second with multiple IPs. Second I doubt the servers even have metered bandwidth (therefore no extra cost) and its not like your loading a different page each time.

ROFLOL Reloading a page every minute isn't even close to a DDOS attack. Try reloading the page with no temp files held every quarter of a second with multiple IPs. Second I doubt the servers even have metered bandwidth (therefore no extra cost) and its not like your loading a different page each time.

You mean like 100 to 1000 test-takers are doing at this very moment? Sure, one person doing it isn't serious, but as we add more neurotic MCAT takers, it becomes more hectic. The fact that we had 1000 people cruising the June 18th thread when that one came out doesn't cover the other people who aren't SDN members.

You mean like 100 to 1000 test-takers are doing at this very moment? Sure, one person doing it isn't serious, but as we add more neurotic MCAT takers, it becomes more hectic. The fact that we had 1000 people cruising the June 18th thread when that one came out doesn't cover the other people who aren't SDN members.

Going to disagree. Not even close to a DDoS. You're talking about a pretty useless server if it can't handle that kind of traffic. Besides, we're talking about the AAMC here -- they can afford decent servers.

The problem with your argument is a forum is drastically different from a single page. I own a small web design/ hosting company so keep on arguing but I have years of server data to show that a few 1,000 viewers for a whole server is a joke. Especially when the page has no images (except the header) and a little text.

omg i think i'm going to have a heart attack. seriously i think i'm on the verge of death right now. i need some anti-stroke medication. OMG

c'mon rhino.. i was just trying to get into the spirits.. :( i'm rather apathetic right now. going to buy myself a bottle of captain's after work.