-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kansas c/o 2015 Applicants
Started by twelvetigers
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
alternate, thanks for asking 🙂
good luck to you! try not to stress too much and nearly tear the letter along with the envelope when opening it![]()
Nice, better than a rejection!
No letters in Fremont, CA. Apparently Jspitz lives where the postal service works. Gosh, I am so nervous. Squibby are you Nor-Cal?
Yup, Nor-Cal, East Bay.
crap
Ditto.


Here's hoping Texas gets some mail moving soon!! (I love how I am anxiously awaiting the mail, even though it could very well be a rejection.🙁)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my! I had heart palpitations clicking on this thread this evening! I was so sure there would be letters and good news pouring out of mailboxes today! 

for tomorrow and good news!
P.S. Congrats JSpitz! I am getting very close to declining my position at K-state so hopefully there will be some movement of the waitlist this year!


for tomorrow and good news!P.S. Congrats JSpitz! I am getting very close to declining my position at K-state so hopefully there will be some movement of the waitlist this year!
I'm sitting at work reading all of your messages - absolutely DYING to jump in my car and go check the mail! I'm in NorCal though so I might be in the same boat as others...dang. I knew I should have moved to San Diego when I had the chance. 🙄
thanks for the warm wishes everyone! i think the lack of snow in my region of the US (and general path of mail distribution) might have something to do with it haha
i'm waiting for iowa to give me their verdict in next couple of weeks, which would be through e-mail. i honestly prefer e-mail even if its a rejection. good luck to everyone 🙂
i'm waiting for iowa to give me their verdict in next couple of weeks, which would be through e-mail. i honestly prefer e-mail even if its a rejection. good luck to everyone 🙂
alternate, thanks for asking 🙂
good luck to you! try not to stress too much and nearly tear the letter along with the envelope when opening it![]()
Congratulations on your good news!!
Ahh!! This makes me so nervous. I'm interviewing somewhere else this weekend and won't be home to check my mail until late Saturday/early Sunday morning. Aaaahhhh!!!!
YAYYYYY!!!!! 😀 I'M GOING TO VET SCHOOL!! Atlanta got letters today! This should calm me down for my Tufts interview this week! 😍
AWESOME!!!! Congratulations!
Congratulations KodaBear!!!!!😀
Congratulations KodaBear!!!!!😀
Thanks guys! I have my fingers crossed for everyone else. That sucks about the snow delaying the mail. Murphy's law..
Congrats, Kodabear!! 😍
Mail reached Texas today....I made the alternate list.
I know it's better than a rejection, but I remember they told us that they over-accept to begin with, so I'm really not sure how hopeful I should be about the alternate list moving 😳.......
Good luck everyone!
Mail reached Texas today....I made the alternate list.
I know it's better than a rejection, but I remember they told us that they over-accept to begin with, so I'm really not sure how hopeful I should be about the alternate list moving 😳.......
Good luck everyone!
Alternate!!!!!
Does anyone know how to tell where on the alternate list you are? Mizzou told me exactly what number I was last year- can I call KSU and find out?
Does anyone know how to tell where on the alternate list you are? Mizzou told me exactly what number I was last year- can I call KSU and find out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(@heylodeb)
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crap crap boo hiss. Bad Kansas.
You still have Davis, right?
Bah, so disappointing. 🙁
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crap crap boo hiss. Bad Kansas.
You still have Davis, right?
Bah, so disappointing. 🙁
Alternate!!!!!
Does anyone know how to tell where on the alternate list you are? Mizzou told me exactly what number I was last year- can I call KSU and find out?
Texas A&M told us our number last year as well, and I was also hoping K-state would do the same. I'm not sure how K-state does things, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask...
I'm sorry, heylodeb. Who else are you waiting to hear from??
Rejected 🙁
ditto
for everyone that got news today, when did you interview?
still no news for me 😱
I interviewed Jan.9
for everyone that got news today, when did you interview?
still no news for me 😱
Jan 8th
Late December
Also, does anyone know how many alternate and acceptance letters they sent out? Trying to get a sense of the statistics.
ditto
Really sorry, Squibs. Bad Kansas.
*hugs* So sorry Squibby.
My father assures me he is sitting in a chair in our garage, stalking the mail man. I am at work until 3am, but still hoping I get some news today.
My father assures me he is sitting in a chair in our garage, stalking the mail man. I am at work until 3am, but still hoping I get some news today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, Kodabear!! 😍
Mail reached Texas today....I made the alternate list.
I know it's better than a rejection, but I remember they told us that they over-accept to begin with, so I'm really not sure how hopeful I should be about the alternate list moving 😳.......
Good luck everyone!
RaiderTXgirl, where do you live? Nothing from Kansas here in Austin, and I'm starting to get paranoid!
(@heylodeb)
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crap crap boo hiss. Bad Kansas.
You still have Davis, right?
Bah, so disappointing. 🙁
I'm sorry, heylodeb. Who else are you waiting to hear from??
I am interviewing at WSU next week and am still waiting to hear from Davis. There's still some hope! (but that's not stopping me from moping around quite a bit....)
*sigh* fight with the hubby, bad day at work, rejected from Kansas. I'm going to bed.
Congratulations to those who got in - it seemed like a really great school with some cool programs!!
ditto
urgghh...sucks. way too much.
Sorry heylodeb and squibby!! I can remember how much it stung to get rejected after my interview at WSU last year, it sucks. 🙁
Congrats to all the acceptances and waitlists!! 😀
I still have not received any news on my status. I was in CA for my western interview today and kept seeing the updates here about Kansas. So, when I got home at 9:30 tonight I was really hoping there would be a letter, but nothing. Guess I will just have to wait until Monday, hope it comes then.
Congrats to all the acceptances and waitlists!! 😀
I still have not received any news on my status. I was in CA for my western interview today and kept seeing the updates here about Kansas. So, when I got home at 9:30 tonight I was really hoping there would be a letter, but nothing. Guess I will just have to wait until Monday, hope it comes then.

Rejected 🙁
ditto
OH MAN!
heylodeb and squibby I thought for sure you guys would get an acceptance letter. 👎KSU
RaiderTXgirl, where do you live? Nothing from Kansas here in Austin, and I'm starting to get paranoid!
I'm in Houston, but I would be willing to bet this crazy weather down here has slowed down the postal service. I bet you'll hear by Monday!


Congrats, Kodabear!! 😍
Mail reached Texas today....I made the alternate list.
I know it's better than a rejection, but I remember they told us that they over-accept to begin with, so I'm really not sure how hopeful I should be about the alternate list moving 😳.......
Good luck everyone!
Congrats RaiderTXgirl👍
Congrats RaiderTXgirl👍
Thanks, vetme!
Sorry heylodeb and squibby!! I can remember how much it stung to get rejected after my interview at WSU last year, it sucks. 🙁
Yeah, I think it sucks more than not getting an interview at all. How was Western?
urgghh...sucks. way too much.
*hugs* So sorry Squibby.
Really sorry, Squibs. Bad Kansas.
OH MAN!
heylodeb and squibby I thought for sure you guys would get an acceptance letter. 👎KSU
Thanks guys for the condolences. I'm jealous of those who got in, it seemed like an awesome place to be.
Good luck to those of you waiting!



Thanks for the info RaiderTXgirl! Congratulations to all the acceptances and waitlists! And to everyone who was turned down: Kansas is missing out!
Yeah, I think it sucks more than not getting an interview at all. How was Western?
Hijacking thread for a post: It was ok. I think I did better in my interview last year than this year and I never got off the waitlist last year. But, this process is so random I guess you never really know how you did. I also thought Western had things much more organized and everything looked much nicer last year than this year. I was much more impressed by the school last year; this year I was kind of disappointed. I will know how I did for sure around March 15th.
End of thread hijack, back to your regular thread programming....
North Carolina got their letters yesterday. I was accepted! I'm going to vet school! AAHHHHH!!!!
Sorry, I'm just really excited 😀
Sorry, I'm just really excited 😀
North Carolina got their letters yesterday. I was accepted! I'm going to vet school! AAHHHHH!!!!
Sorry, I'm just really excited 😀
CONGRATS, hunterjumper!!!

I am still anxiously waiting for mine. I can't wait until tomorrow around 3PM.
North Carolina got their letters yesterday. I was accepted! I'm going to vet school! AAHHHHH!!!!
Sorry, I'm just really excited 😀
Congratulations!!!!!!
Well, this isn't quite what I was hoping to see in this thread🙁. But nonetheless, super huge congrats to all who got good letters or at least not bad letters! So sorry for those who should have gotten the good letter too. This process is just nuts, as best as I can tell.
I'm just thankful that I was lucky enough to get a good letter a few weeks ago, because I borderline freaked out anyway when I got a small envelope from K-state this week... it was just the tax document for the class I took through them last year. When I saw that little envelope in my mailbox my heart skipped a few beats thinking that it was the real letter and the other one was a mistake!
And as I said a few posts ago, I've all but decided to decline my offer there, so I really hope some waitlisters get good news this year (versus last year! Surely they can't have overaccepted as much this year, right?).
I'm just thankful that I was lucky enough to get a good letter a few weeks ago, because I borderline freaked out anyway when I got a small envelope from K-state this week... it was just the tax document for the class I took through them last year. When I saw that little envelope in my mailbox my heart skipped a few beats thinking that it was the real letter and the other one was a mistake!
And as I said a few posts ago, I've all but decided to decline my offer there, so I really hope some waitlisters get good news this year (versus last year! Surely they can't have overaccepted as much this year, right?).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Surely they can't have overaccepted as much this year, right?
I sure hope not!!!

🙁 rejections suck. I am sorry to hear that.
on the topic on alternates (I know, its all about me me me), I thought it would be funny if the adcoms actually tag applicants as "the pragmatic one", "the inquisitive one", "the equine gal", "the quirky nature lover", etc. the reason why I think they might do this is because the admins mention that they are trying to "build" a class, which means that they most likely compose the class not only based on qualifications, but also based on various factors (personality, background, interest). hence...for those schools that don't rank their waitlist, they might actually go "darn, we lost that quirky nature lover! let's go through the list and find another one of those!
"
on the topic on alternates (I know, its all about me me me), I thought it would be funny if the adcoms actually tag applicants as "the pragmatic one", "the inquisitive one", "the equine gal", "the quirky nature lover", etc. the reason why I think they might do this is because the admins mention that they are trying to "build" a class, which means that they most likely compose the class not only based on qualifications, but also based on various factors (personality, background, interest). hence...for those schools that don't rank their waitlist, they might actually go "darn, we lost that quirky nature lover! let's go through the list and find another one of those!
"I am so sorry to everyone who did not hear good news. I know how crushed I was last year after I interviewed and did not get in. On a happier note for me, though, I was accepted this year. I hope everyone else hears good news from at least one school.
On a happier note for me, though, I was accepted this year.
Yay! I was hoping you would show up soon and let us know. Congratulations!