Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted. interviewed 9/30.

I cant f'ing believe this. I'm now 2 for 2 with waitlists...here and at Western Pomona. I'm a non-trad with significant interview experience, on both sides of the table...I know I interview well. I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm absolutely crushed yet again....

Keep your head up, there is a lot of movement on waitlists. Especially if you interviewed early. Anyone know if KCUMB admissions likes a letter of intent?

Members don't see this ad.

I cant f'ing believe this. I'm now 2 for 2 with waitlists...here and at Western Pomona. I'm a non-trad with significant interview experience, on both sides of the table...I know I interview well. I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm absolutely crushed yet again....

How did the interview go?

You can PM me if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Stay strong, brother, I know your pain well. KCUMB has proven herself to be a cruel siren indeed. However, don't hit the panic button just yet after 2/2 ( especially 2 wait lists). It's a CRAZY process and who knows what these people want. A few of the decisions I've gotten so far came as huge surprises- some good, some bad. Don't get to high or too low on yourself. ✊

I appreciate it. Only one more interview has me a bit nervous (Touro-CA). I've got a bunch of schools I've been complete at for 9 weeks, so my feelings aren't very good about them anymore....pretty sure I've got one chance left...then I'll be a re-applicant with an even bigger uphill battle next year... ugh...

Accepted today!

Interviewed 9/24.

Science GPA: 3.28
Overall GPA: 3.45
MCAT: 28

Just posting this to give those with lower GPA's some hope! Good luck and don't give up!

Reactions: 1 users
Any kcumb students want to tell why they chose kcumb and what they like/dislike about it?

hey guys.... so no interfolio for letter submission... period? or just digital copy?

i just tried to call, but of course they closed at 4:30 :bang:

i see that @SynapticDoctah has posted that it is okay... anyone else who got an interview and/or accepted that used interfolio? seems like a silly requirement to me.

hey guys.... so no interfolio for letter submission... period? or just digital copy?

i just tried to call, but of course they closed at 4:30 :bang:

i see that @SynapticDoctah has posted that it is okay... anyone else who got an interview and/or accepted that used interfolio? seems like a silly requirement to me.

I used interfolio!

I used interfolio!

seems so weird that they would make such a clear statement "letters from interfolio are not accepted"... and then allow them? also that their website says two letters, but their post-secondary receipt email says three letters.

okay well i am going to send via interfolio. you used the address on their website?

==edit==

nvm i found them on interfolio.

seems so weird that they would make such a clear statement "letters from interfolio are not accepted"... and then allow them? also that their website says two letters, but their post-secondary receipt email says three letters.

okay well i am going to send via interfolio. you used the address on their website?

==edit==

nvm i found them on interfolio.
Where did you find that, sir? At any rate, I used interfolio- you'll be fine.

Where did you find that, sir? At any rate, I used interfolio- you'll be fine.

omg.

it says "does" accept letters from interfolio... i imagined the not lol. what is wrong with me??? haha. thanks anyways. i must have gotten the "not have to be in the format" mixed up in there.

omg.

it says "does" accept letters from interfolio... i imagined the not lol. what is wrong with me??? haha. thanks anyways. i must have gotten the "not have to be in the format" mixed up in there.
No worries. It's that time of the year. GL!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, KCUMB is my number 1 DO choice!

Members don't see this ad :)

PM me

Has anyone else gotten an email from KCUMB saying "send in your application if you have not already done so?"

Accepted: 3.29 sgpa 3.45 cum 31 mcat. Interview 9/30 accepted 10/14

Flight finally boarded last night and arrived at my hotel around 230 am. Got a few hours of sleep before going to the interview, thanks KCUMB for starting at 10 and not 8. The day was really laid back, had a great student ambassador taking us around campus, interview was surprisingly laid back too. For an older and established school KCUMB has done a great job keeping facilities up to date. Gotta be my number one choice right now. Really impressed.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here yesterday. It was incredible. This new dean knows how to present the school. Their number one focus is to help students achieve their interests whatever you want to go into. The way theyre going to do that is help students get the best board scores possible with the new curriculum. They are telling us that its going to get harder to get into a residency each year because the number of medical school matriculants is increasing but the number of residencies isnt. Thats why they said its super important to get high board scores since that is the number one thing residencies look at. They also reward scholarships for students who score high on their boards and have high med school gpa. If I get accepted here im withdrawing all my other interviews and applications for sure. I was last to interview and waited with the student ambassadors for 2 hours before my turn came. The admissions staff and students are the nicest I've seen at any school so far and my interview was very laid back. He didnt ask me any specific questions just how did you like your undergrad, explain your research, and what youve learned from volunteering.

Reactions: 6 users
Any kcumb students want to tell why they chose kcumb and what they like/dislike about it?

I'd search back through this thread as more than one of us have posted our reasons earlier. If you (or anyone) wants my 2 cents or have specific questions feel free to pm me. Or if enough people are interested I'll post it in the thread, I just don't want to clog the thread up. I'm sure some of the other current students wouldn't mind PMing this week either. It would give us something to do during class this week...

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone here have to call/email KCUMB to request the secondary application?

My primary was released 10/9 and so far I haven't heard anything :eyebrow:

I.e less than a week ago. Call if it's not there in 2-3 weeks.

Withdrew II/application. GL hope it goes to someone waiting to hear back!

ii. Just called the admission office to check my app status. Surprisingly I'm invited. The email invitation will be sent tomorrow though. Lol

that's always awesome haha - you'll love the interview day. They take good care of you

Flight finally boarded last night and arrived at my hotel around 230 am. Got a few hours of sleep before going to the interview, thanks KCUMB for starting at 10 and not 8. The day was really laid back, had a great student ambassador taking us around campus, interview was surprisingly laid back too. For an older and established school KCUMB has done a great job keeping facilities up to date. Gotta be my number one choice right now. Really impressed.

This is exactly how I felt!

Hi Guys,
I withdrew from my interview on October 23th, 2014 today. Hopefully one of you guys will get the spot in the following days!

I'm excited to see them. Dr Doughrty told us about them at his knee OS. they height adjust!!! Yay short people friendly!!!
Or tall people..... hah

Didn't have a chance to update until now: Interviewed 9/24. ACCEPTED 10/14! Coincidentally, I brought my KCUMB shirt to the gym that today and was grinning the whole time while I was sweating balls on the treadmill.

Reactions: 5 users
Didn't have a chance to update until now: Interviewed 9/24. ACCEPTED 10/14! Coincidentally, I brought my KCUMB shirt to the gym that today and was grinning the whole time while I was sweating balls on the treadmill.

Instead of going through every page, please help me to recall. Is this the KCUMB med school shirt you bought in a shop at the school during the interview day? :)

Instead of going through every page, please help me to recall. Is this the KCUMB med school shirt you bought in a shop at the school during the interview day? :)
You get a KCUMB shirt for free the day of your interview. :D

You get a KCUMB shirt for free the day of your interview. :D

I was so flustered from my "bad" interview at KCUMB that I forgot to pick up a T-shirt. Got accepted anyways! haha

I was so flustered from my "bad" interview at KCUMB that I forgot to pick up a T-shirt. Got accepted anyways! haha
Haha Congrats! It's a pretty comfy shirt. Still soft after one wash.

:p Are you interviewing soon? You'll get yours.

I got a secondary yesterday. As long as you meet the minimal requirements, you should see it soon.

I'm excited to see them. Dr Doughrty told us about them at his knee OS. they height adjust!!! Yay short people friendly!!!
I saw them while helping a friend pick up an omm table, they are legit!.

Do you know how long it takes for you to get your info package?

Do you know how long it takes for you to get your info package?

No info package, just an email with info and link to the matriculation page with more information =] you should get it relatively soon. I got it about a week after being accepted :D