Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email 9 days after I submitted my secondary (today) that said they received my secondary... Did u also get an email confirming complete or is the email I got my completion email?

Members don't see this ad.

How long has it been?

If it has been more than 3 weeks, give them a call just to see what's up.

Sometimes things don't go through well. Last year Ibn called after submitting his secondary and waiting for a while. Turned out his II never got to him. After reading that I decided to call in and found out they had sent me an II 2 weeks earlier! I wouldn't have interviewed or gotten accepted if I hadn't taken out the 5 mins to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
happened to me too, except 2 months later -.-''

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email 9 days after I submitted my secondary (today) that said they received my secondary... Did u also get an email confirming complete or is the email I got my completion email?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

10/3 interviwee here, accepted yesterday as well!

Reactions: 3 users
10/8 Interview, accepted yesterday! So excited.

Reactions: 3 users
Haha I was waitlisted after tanking the interview. I think they waitlist everyone they don't outright accept.

lol I tanked the interview and got in! Strange world we live in right?

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I was waitlisted after tanking the interview. I think they waitlist everyone they don't outright accept.

Their wait list isn't very large tho, because they accept such a large number of people who interview. They accept a pretty solid number from the wait list....good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
possibly but they do have more rigid cut offs. Plus I think they screen pretty hard before interview/secondary.

they do most of the sorting before the interview not after :p

Well, I received a rejection email yesterday. Now I see why I never received a secondary.

Thanks for making my decision easier KCUMB...

I haven't seen anyone yet that got rejected after interview here...
Most likely because the majority of people who are rejected aren't exactly chomping at the bit to post, "Hey everyone, I got rejected!!! So stoked!!!"

Also, as already mentioned, they screen heavily pre-secondary and pre-interview: they obviously know what they are looking for in their student populous, which leads to a high acceptance rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Can you get away with not having a car if you live in Century Towers? I see that there's an Aldi 0.4 mi away - is it feasible to walk there?

might want to think about walking semi-far since the area isnt 100% the safest. Not that its a bad area but I think that would get old after 2 years (IMHO)

Reactions: 1 users
I am considering a bike wherever I go if its more than half a mile or so just for convenience. And if it is a little further than an avg bike ride they even make electric bikes that feed off of your own pedaling I think which basically just allows you to do part of the work and it does part of the work. U could consider a normal or an assisted bike

I am considering a bike wherever I go if its more than half a mile or so just for convenience. And if it is a little further than an avg bike ride they even make electric bikes that feed off of your own pedaling I think which basically just allows you to do part of the work and it does part of the work. U could consider a normal or an assisted bike

Biking and walking will take up precious study time.

Does anyone know what their post interview acceptance rate is? KCUMB is definitely my top choice as of right now, and I just interviewed last week. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they say yes! I shadowed a doctor who is an alumna of KCUMB and she is probably the best doctor I ever had the privilege of working with.

Does anyone know what their post interview acceptance rate is? KCUMB is definitely my top choice as of right now, and I just interviewed last week. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they say yes! I shadowed a doctor who is an alumna of KCUMB and she is probably the best doctor I ever had the privilege of working with.

Straight from our website:

Class of 2018 - Class Profile

Class Size: 270
MCAT Average: 27.6
Science GPA Average: 3.6
Cumulative GPA Average: 3.63
Age Range: 20-47
Colleges/Universities Represented: 157
States Represented: 35
Countries Represented: 6

Additionally I believe we had about 4,000 applicants according to AACOMAS, so the matriculation rate is about 6.75%

I remember seeing somewhere (a legitimate site) last year that they interviewed about 800 people and accepted about 550 altogether. That's around 70% acceptance post-interview, that might not be exactly right but I'd guess it is/will be between 65-80%. Like pretty much every school there's a bunch of accepted students that go other places or decide medicine isn't for them, which is why the matriculation rate is so much smaller than the acceptance rate (everywhere). So the acceptance rate after interview is very high. As others have said, KCUMB screens pre-ii heavily. If you get an interview you are in very good shape.

anyone else having an impossible time getting a hold of admissions? I was waitlisted and have a couple of questions for them. I've literally called 8+ times and have got the admissions office "not in" recording every single time. I left a voicemail and have been unable to get a call back. Frustrating...

In my interview group the director of admissions gave us her cell phone and told us it was the easiest way of getting whole of her if we had any questions...did she tell you guys the same thing?

In my interview group the director of admissions gave us her cell phone and told us it was the easiest way of getting whole of her if we had any questions...did she tell you guys the same thing?

Yea that's what she told us too. She said texting is the preferred way to get a hold of her.

Biking and walking will take up precious study time.

Well I have no idea how far the place is but unless it is more than 15 minutes or so biking I hope you aren't serious. Plus the person was asking about walking or biking so I talked about it.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, but what is the time frame to receive the secondary? My app was released 10/17, and I got an email last Friday saying "Thank you for applying to KCUMB....you should pick KCUMB because..." but no secondary yet. Stats are 4.0/26 so I don't think I got pre - screened but who knows! Thanks in advance!

Last year it was 85.8%.

I've seen several people on here say that, but I'm not sure where you're getting that number. I can assure you it hasn't been that high for at least 3 years and that it is steadily going down as more people continue to apply to the school. If you have time, look at the KCUMB thread from last year. The stats are there with a citation. They have told both the class and the curriculum groups what the actual percentage was, and I think it was somewhere around 72% for us.

I'll pass on something the admins have told us numerous times as I think it applies to both students as well as applicants: Don't worry about what everyone else is doing or what their stats are. Focus on what you need to do and if you're putting in the work the rest will take care of itself. Or at least that's the general gist of it.

The tour guides said numerous times that the interview is just done to make sure we're not weird.

^ I wonder the same thing about myself!

My interviewer and I spent a good 10 minutes discussing the Victorian practice of making decorative wreaths from dead peoples' hair. I told him that Dr. Dubin said the interview was designed to make sure we're not too weird, and my interviewer said he'd keep that part of our conversation "on the down-low". :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users

My interviewer and I spent a good 10 minutes discussing the Victorian practice of making decorative wreaths from dead peoples' hair. I told him that Dr. Dubin said the interview was designed to make sure we're not too weird, and my interviewer said he'd keep that part of our conversation "on the down-low". :laugh:

HAHAHA that's awesome! I actually found out my interviewer worked for the same company as I did when he was younger and he gave me a fist bump! :horns:

2014 Match List is up! http://www.kcumb.edu/uploadedFiles/Content/Academics/_Assets/2014 Match Data by State.pdf

Last edited:

Who was your interviewer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Friends, Interviewing here on 11/5! Pretty excited as KCUMB was one of my top choices.

Funny thing is.. my interview invite came on October 6th but I missed it and just saw it today after getting a reminder email to schedule an interview or my application would be withdrawn!

I'll try my best to go through these 27 pages of thread but does anyone have any tips on how interview day went and what to expect?? Anything at all would be awesome! Look forward to interviewing soon:D

Interviewed on 10/10, just accepted today! Good luck to everyone who applied!

Reactions: 2 users
My secondary was confirmed by email on 10/10. The email I received said something like 3 weeks to review. How has the turnaround been looking for interview invites?

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Had my secondary sent in early this month, but then all of a sudden got neurotic and checked and I never sent my payment. Ugh.

Accepted! So pumped, interviewed on 10/8

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today from the 10/3 interview group!!! :D:D Ahhhhh it's been a long 3.5 weeks! Looking forward to the accepted student day!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got accepted from the 10/3 interview day, so excited! Congrats to everyone else who also has been accepted to the class of 2019!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats too all those who've been accepted. My interview is on 11/11! I'd like to make a friend or two before going to the interview so please let me know if you are interviewing on the same day :)

Accepted today! 10/8 interview. Congratulations to everyone else who heard back!

Reactions: 6 users
+1 last night. I know Im late to the game. AACOMAS took 8 weeks plus 1 day to verify.