kansas som

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard from kansas? what do they mean by avg. mcat above 60th percentile, is that a 27? has anyone been accepted, or know someone that got in? if so, stats? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by panda81
has anyone heard from kansas? what do they mean by avg. mcat above 60th percentile, is that a 27? has anyone been accepted, or know someone that got in? if so, stats? :)

I haven't heard from KU yet, but to answer your question it means over a 27P (over 9 in each section).

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys kansas residents? Have you already had an interview?

i'm a resident, but my file was just completed about 10 days ago, so no interview invite yet...do you know of any stats for people accepted (even in the past)?

I went to WSU so I knew a few accepted students from last year.

Two guys both had 27 MCATS and decent GPAs. One had outstanding ECs and I'm not sure about the other.

I had one other friend get accepted. I never knew his exact numbers but his MCAT was well over a 30 and had a 4.0 GPA.

cool, thanks for the info. danwsu. it seems like 27 is the magic number for in-staters at ku...sounds good to me.:cool:

KU has only had one round of interviews so far (10/28 & 10/29). The next round isn't till the latter part of November. As far as the MCAT scores go, I know one person that got in with a 24, but that was an exception, not the rule. Typically, you need to have 26+ to be seriously considered (assuming you are not a urm, and even then below a 24 is pushing it).

DALA

bumpity bump bump....bump bump

Originally posted by panda81
has anyone heard from kansas? :)

Do you mean has anyone heard about interviews or acceptances? No regular admission acceptances have been give as of yet. However, I called the admission office today and they said the first round of letters are typed and just waiting to be signed. They said to expect to hear from them by the middle of next week. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

DALA

Good luck everyone! I hope I see all of you there next year! :)

Kirk