You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Kansas
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
irishdoc28
Full Member
Whattt I literally emailed them today, and they said they didn’t activate the waitlist yet [emoji3525] …. Or maybe my email convinced them to send it <3
IgboDocKing
Full Member
Congrats to your friend! Do you know if salina was one of their campus preferences?Had a friend get into Salina campus today. Website still fails to show any waitlist activity, however. Little confusing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
peloton keeps me going
New Member
I wonder why they haven't updated the website. When you emailed them, did they give you any update?Whattt I literally emailed them today, and they said they didn’t activate the waitlist yet [emoji3525] …. Or maybe my email convinced them to send it <3
irishdoc28
Full Member
I wonder why they haven't updated the website. When you emailed them, did they give you any update?
This is what their email response was from yesterday morning.
peloton keeps me going
New Member
How did you figure that out? Did your friend not get off the waitlist?Alternate list will be active in a couple weeks.
peloton keeps me going
New Member
Does anyone know the attire for the second look day tomorrow?
jellybeann123
Full Member
Withdrew my A--hope it goes to one of you all!!
i’m going biz casual just to be safe. looking forward to meeting y’all!!Does anyone know the attire for the second look day tomorrow?
Just withdrew A, gl to everyone matriculating, I'm fs gonna miss the area and people as an undergrad alum-- RCJH!
EC24hopeful
Full Member
Just withdrew my A here! Best of luck to everyone on the WL!
peloton keeps me going
New Member
I just got the call. The waitlist is activated! I was number 9 so good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
W, and W name tooI just got the call. The waitlist is activated! I was number 9 so good luck to everyone!
irishdoc28
Full Member
Has anyone gotten off the KC-4 year campus pending list yet?
IgboDocKing
Full Member
Is it just me or is the alternate list stuck at #10🙄
plsletmego1stimdoingsmthn
New Member
I’m super late to the game but does anyone have the link to the Facebook or GroupMe? I tried using the links in the thread but they expired :/ Ty!!
Alternate list is at 15
According to last year, there's some movement on the Tuesday after commit to enroll. And then more movement on the following Monday. So much waiting
According to last year, there's some movement on the Tuesday after commit to enroll. And then more movement on the following Monday. So much waiting
Last edited:
IgboDocKing
Full Member
When is the commit to enroll deadline for this year?Alternate list is at 15
According to last year, there's some movement on the Tuesday after commit to enroll. And then more movement on the following Monday. So much waiting
All schools are different but I believe most have the deadline in June and KU is July 1
Last edited:
2023premed
New Member
for the people who are getting off the waitlist, which campus option is being offered?
I’ve not heard back yet and I applied the day I received the email. Cheers. 🙂For people who applied to the MEDPATH program, has anyone heard anything back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe you have a week to tell them your decision, so it could keep moving at anytime. They will accept people off the list until school starts in July
2023premed
New Member
Does anyone know since the waitlist hasn’t moved in the last few days, is it done moving?
it moved from 31 to 33 today
jalinsky035
New Member
Anyone hearing any updates on waitlist movement?
Just got the A call. 4 years Wichita. #33.
Congratulations!!Just got the A call. 4 years Wichita. #33.
I just withdrew my acceptance of 4 years in Wichita. So be on the look out if you are the next person on the AL. Good luck y'all!
whatandorwho
New Member
Has anybody heard anything about the MEDPATH program? I haven’t heard anything either way and am getting anxious with AMCAS opening next week…
I also just want to know more about the program in general if any current or former participants are present here. There isn’t much information about it anywhere. Lmk 😭
I also just want to know more about the program in general if any current or former participants are present here. There isn’t much information about it anywhere. Lmk 😭
I still haven’t heard from MEDPATH yet, however, I imagine they are still working out the details with some of the applicants also being on the waitlist. I’ve been meaning to reach out to them but with the waitlist still moving, I don’t think they have finalized anything yet.Has anybody heard anything about the MEDPATH program? I haven’t heard anything either way and am getting anxious with AMCAS opening next week…
I also just want to know more about the program in general if any current or former participants are present here. There isn’t much information about it anywhere. Lmk 😭
I got a call yesterday offering me a spot in the MEDPATH program. She said she was trying to make all the calls yesterday but didn’t know if she would finish.I still haven’t heard from MEDPATH yet, however, I imagine they are still working out the details with some of the applicants also being on the waitlist. I’ve been meaning to reach out to them but with the waitlist still moving, I don’t think they have finalized anything yet.
IgboDocKing
Full Member
Same. I think they should get back to everyone by the end of next week. I also heard there is a waitlist for the medpath program.I got a call yesterday offering me a spot in the MEDPATH program. She said she was trying to make all the calls yesterday but didn’t know if she would finish.
doctorsweet
New Member
When will they stop accepting people off of the waitlist? Are they offering people on the waitlist a chance to enter into the MedPath Program?
Here’s a group chat for anyone who’s been offered a spot in the medpath program!
You're invited to my new group 'KU Medpath 24-25' on GroupMe. Click here to join: KU Medpath 24-25
You're invited to my new group 'KU Medpath 24-25' on GroupMe. Click here to join: KU Medpath 24-25
Wichita is my hometown and I’m a 2/2 student. From what I’ve heard from others, people tend to write Wichita off as a town with nothing to do. To an extent, they’re right, but there’s a lot to try in terms of food. It’s definitely a town where you can eat well (i.e. local restaurants, Latino neighborhood, Asian Fest/Night Market, etc.). Night life leaves a lot to be desired, but it’s still somewhat present. Rent and the cost of living in general are also significantly cheaper than in KC. Another general consensus with students there is that the clinical clerkships are much more hands-on than on the KC campus.Is there a reason why wichita is typically the campus that is last to fill? Is there a reason people don’t want to go there?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
peloton keeps me going
New Member
Does anyone know what the campus pending list is at?
2023premed
New Member
Does anyone know which campus option is being offered to those who are getting off the waitlist?
i got in this week & got wichita all 4!Does anyone know which campus option is being offered to those who are getting off the waitlist?
I was offered four years of Wichita. I was also told by admissions that the majority of alternate list people get offered Wichita. Everybody wants to go to the big hospital and big city first.Does anyone know which campus option is being offered to those who are getting off the waitlist?
I agree completely. I know the campus set up is to be more of a clinical set up rather than a hospital set up as well. I also know some folks who have chosen as their number one to be in Wichita for that reason. Just depends on what you're looking for, but I think a lot of people are looking for the big city and big hospital experience for their medical schoolWichita is my hometown and I’m a 2/2 student. From what I’ve heard from others, people tend to write Wichita off as a town with nothing to do. To an extent, they’re right, but there’s a lot to try in terms of food. It’s definitely a town where you can eat well (i.e. local restaurants, Latino neighborhood, Asian Fest/Night Market, etc.). Night life leaves a lot to be desired, but it’s still somewhat present. Rent and the cost of living in general are also significantly cheaper than in KC. Another general consensus with students there is that the clinical clerkships are much more hands-on than on the KC campus.
