2023-2024 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 for the OOS pre-II R wave yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does KU give out any freebies to their students? Technology, backpacks, etc?

Reactions: 1 user
You're invited to my new group 'KU School of Medicine Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

For those of you with an A, were you notified by email, phone call, or portal? And around what time?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think 1/25 interviewers will likely get feedback next week Friday. They made me think we'd hear by this Friday, so a lil disappointed but still hopeful.

Also, does anyone understand the point of the second interview since the first one is the main one?

Also, does anyone understand the point of the second interview since the first one is the main one?
I never got the impression that either one was the “main” one. An open file versus a closed file interview have two distinct purposes. In my far from infallible opinion, an open file interview is to get a better understanding of your extracurriculars, volunteering, shadowing, etc or to tie up loose ends, gaps, or red flags from your application. I feel like the closed file interview is more suited to learning more about one’s core character traits and personal disposition. Neither is the “main” interview.

I never got the impression that either one was the “main” one. An open file versus a closed file interview have two distinct purposes. In my far from infallible opinion, an open file interview is to get a better understanding of your extracurriculars, volunteering, shadowing, etc or to tie up loose ends, gaps, or red flags from your application. I feel like the closed file interview is more suited to learning more about one’s core character traits and personal disposition. Neither is the “main” interview.
Thanks so much for clearing it up. I wonder if the second interviewer(s) talk to the first interviewer to discuss our application or if they themselves are also on the admission committee. The school never cleared that fact up, but oh well, I’ll be patiently waiting. Thanks again!

My portal just updated to this sometime today! Still no email or indication of actual spot on the list though.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 3.15.27 PM.png

Reactions: 1 users
My portal just updated to this sometime today! Still no email or indication of actual spot on the list though.

View attachment 382221

When did you interview? Because I interviewed 1/25 and I don’t have that message below “secondary application dashboard (2024)”. Is there another message about a second look day below the alternate list ID message as well?

I do not have this green box, but I did get a message for the second look day in my portal. Does anyone know if that means anything?

I have the second look day too and no green box! I am curious as well

I have the second look day too and no green box! I am curious as well
So I’m assuming we’re not on alternate list? So either accepted or rejected? But I didn’t have this second look message yesterday…

I trust that KU will send out emails to clarify tomorrow. From what it looks like on the thread, it seems like they sent out few to no acceptances for the most recent interview week. Bummer…

I trust that KU will send out emails to clarify tomorrow. From what it looks like on the thread, it seems like they sent out few to no acceptances for the most recent interview week. Bummer…
Is the second look box below the green box for you?

Does anyone who got the "wait til march" email see the green box that says accepted?

When did you interview? Because I interviewed 1/25 and I don’t have that message below “secondary application dashboard (2024)”. Is there another message about a second look day below the alternate list ID message as well?
I interviewed on 10/12! I then received the "wait until March" email on 11/9. And yes, I also have a box about the second look day a little bit lower down on my portal page.

My page was updated with an SAID number. Funny enough, it's the same ID number I had when I did my undergraduate degree at KU. Nothing else was changed though

OOS A!!!! Interview mid November with a deferred decision at that time. Woohoo!

Reactions: 1 users
+1 OOS A!!! Interviewed 1/25 I am so happy!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted today! Here are the links again to the Facebook and GroupMe if you’d like to start becoming acquainted with your future classmates! Log into Facebook

Did anyone receive the second look registration notification but no green box with alternate or news today? Hopefully, they aren't done sending acceptances. Congrats to everyone today!!