2023-2024 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still inviting for interviews here?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted (found out a few weeks ago)!!! OOS--but very strong ties

Reactions: 3 users
I sure hope so since I’m well within their “guaranteed” group and haven’t had one.

Unless, ya know, I have some red flag that other schools didn’t care about 🥸
Yeah Im OOS with very strong ties and I haven't received an interview yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A! Interviewed on 11/16. So freaking excited about this!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS with strong ties...wait til March. Still in the game!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS pre-II R, complete 8/14. Tenth rejection so far

OOS R received, complete 7/22. LM 69, had some in-state ties. see y'all!

Anybody know if they’re still sending interviews? Haven’t heard anything since applying and sending an update

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody know if they’re still sending interviews? Haven’t heard anything since applying and sending an update
They're secondary email said they don't interview OOS applicants without ties until January. I'm holding out hope for an II since I didn't get a rejection the other week when tons of people did.

Their secondary email said they don't interview OOS applicants without ties until January. I'm holding out hope for an II since I didn't get a rejection the other week when tons of people did.
Same!! Good luck to us!!

Do we know how campus placement happens for this school? Are we interviewing for our campus of choice? I am OOS with no ties and interview coming up in January, got the II last Friday

Reactions: 2 users
Do we know how campus placement happens for this school? Are we interviewing for our campus of choice? I am OOS with no ties and interview coming up in January, got the II last Friday
Placements happen following acceptance. You will likely not be asked what campus preference you had put down and why during the interview. You will know about your placement in the summer prior to the school year starting in which you are placed in your campus preference is a semi-lottery-like fashion. However, those on the lower-end of the waitlist do tend to get their second choice.

anyone know when first day of classes are? I know orientation week starts July 15th

Anyone make an accepted students GroupMe yet?

Do you mind sharing stats?
MCAT 514, nontrad applicant (graduated with another healthcare degree previously, took some more classes after graduation to meet the requirement), GPA 3.94, some volunteer experience and shadowing (50-100 hrs each), no research. Ask away or PM if you have any question!

Do you know the names of your interviewers beforehand? And is it better to submit update letter before or after interveiw?

OOS Pre-II R. Guess going back home is out of the question now lol

• Care
Hi everyone! Since there have probably been a solid handful of acceptances at this point, I have made an unofficial facebook page for the KU School of Medicine Class of 2028. This page has a link to our corresponding GroupMe as well.