2023-2024 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten any waitlist info?
I got a waitlist email this morning! There’s an opt-in/secondary contact form to fill out and they gave a pretty broad spread of previous years’ waitlist movement - said the range has been 5-70 over the past five years

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been able to find a recent match list for KU? I’m curious what kinds of programs people have matched into.

Reactions: 1 users
IS A!!!
Interviewed 1/10, non-trad, re-applicant.

So excited to get to know my future classmates and begin this new journey!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Match list was listed in the graduation program from last year (they handed out booklets in person), looked very good overall

I know it’s too early to tell, but does anyone anticipate significant waitlist movement this year? I saw on last year’s thread that a lot of ppl got in off the waitlist. I think it was up to the 70s. Also, are ppl on waitlist most likely going to end up in Wichita or 2/2?

Are there any current Kansas City campus students here who would be willing to answer a couple questions for me via message?!?

Is anyone else not able to see the 2nd Look Day registration dates on their Supplemental app? I got an email saying it should be open now.

Is anyone else not able to see the 2nd Look Day registration dates on their Supplemental app? I got an email saying it should be open now.
I did not get an email but just checked my application page. The dates are for April 24 and 25th that I can see. Does anyone know of any other dates available?

does anyone know how classes work in an average day lol? like what times are classes at/what an average weekly schedule looks like?

is everyone invited to apply for the KU endowment scholarship? Or is that only for select students ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it's everyone? I certainly know I got the email about it and I'm on the alternative list

I didn’t get the campus I wanted, and I’m absolutely crushed. I thought I was going to commit here. I’m #23 on the pending list

I didn’t get the campus I wanted, and I’m absolutely crushed. I thought I was going to commit here. I’m #23 on the pending list

They made it that far down the pending list last year!

I’m also ahead of you on the pending list and will probably withdraw soon

Does the campus pending list also include waitlist applicants? I'm sort of confused about how they integrate those two lists.

Does the campus pending list also include waitlist applicants? I'm sort of confused about how they integrate those two lists.
I would assume not. I think the campus pending list is for people with acceptances.

They have a separate process, and I think it’s integrated somehow on the back end

They made it that far down the pending list last year!

I’m also ahead of you on the pending list and will probably withdraw soon

Really!?! That makes me so happy to hear. Do you know what number they got to?? And if you withdraw, hope everything goes well with the other school you choose!

Yikes, I'm just noticing my campus assignment, too. Honestly didn't think there was much chance of not getting assigned my first-choice campus.....considering I own a home here, planned to continue research with the same five KU attendings I work with every day, my partner's super-connected both professionally and through her community service here.....just yikes.

There's going to need to be a lot of movement on that list for me to end up spending all 4 years at my first-choice campus.

Assigned KC all 4 years -- 98% chance I withdraw

Reactions: 2 users
Really!?! That makes me so happy to hear. Do you know what number they got to?? And if you withdraw, hope everything goes well with the other school you choose!

I know someone who was in the 30s that it got to

I heard it went as far as the 60s two years ago -- I forgot how deep it went last year but I'm very sure it at least got past 40

Yikes, I'm just noticing my campus assignment, too. Honestly didn't think there was much chance of not getting assigned my first-choice campus.....considering I own a home here, planned to continue research with the same five KU attendings I work with every day, my partner's super-connected both professionally and through her community service here.....just yikes.

There's going to need to be a lot of movement on that list for me to end up spending all 4 years at my first-choice campus.
that's kind of insane that you did not get assigned to your first choice and were put low on the list. that is supervillain behavior on their part

that's kind of insane that you did not get assigned to your first choice and were put low on the list. that is supervillain behavior on their part
I felt that way initially, then I re-read the email that explained the process and I feel (slightly) better about it. It sounds like they assign everyone to their 1st choice campus on paper, then determine the number of “overages” and “shortages” that need to be balanced out among the campuses. They draw enough names to deal with the overages in KC, and assign everyone whose name is drawn to fill the shortages in KC/Wichita and Wichita. If my math checks out, 175 selected KC as their 1st choice, and they only have 131 KC spots…so anyone who chose KC had a 44/175 (~25%) chance of ending up on this “pending” list. Unfortunately, I’m pretty far down the list 😐

Still ecstatic to get the opportunity to become a physician, though!

Also decent chance I withdraw - got assigned the KC 4 route

Lowkey trying to finalize med school decisions, but I was placed in early 50s on alternate list at KU. Not sure if I should have hope to get off the waitlist and considering just letting go. If anyone was a reapplicant, do they know about the WL movement from last year ?

Lowkey trying to finalize med school decisions, but I was placed in early 50s on alternate list at KU. Not sure if I should have hope to get off the waitlist and considering just letting go. If anyone was a reapplicant, do they know about the WL movement from last year ?
Not a reapplicant, but based on sdn from last year (or 2022) they got to the low 70s off the alternate list. That could have been just an odd year. I am low 50s as well.

Not a reapplicant, but based on sdn from last year (or 2022) they got to the low 70s off the alternate list. That could have been just an odd year. I am low 50s as well.
Also found this same info online. I believe the last 2 years they took around 50 and around 70 off the WL

I was told by admissions that most people on the WL get offered either 2+2 or Wichita from the WL. That's historically and anything can happen, but that's what I was told. I'm low 30s and wondering what the outcome will be....so much waiting

Posting this because and they didn't provide a lot of information about it for those that didn't get their first preference for campus placement last year. I initially got 2/2 for campus placement and was #18 on the pending list out of 40 and all 40 of us I believe came off the pending list and got our first placement for campus assignment. I am sure this varies depending on how many people withdraw their acceptance with KC all 4 placements from year to year but just an FYI

From looking at previous cycles SDN threads, it seems that in the last 5 years there has been anywhere from 5-70+ spots that open up. No way to really know until that bad boy starts moving.

Are there any current students on here that did MEDPATH that I could message?

So here is a conundrum: I got my A. the official transcript needed to be sent in, and I apparently took a class after my interview known as Anatomy and Physiology its a 100 level course and basically forgot that I was in it and I got a W in it. Will it affect my A, cause it says that if you have D or F grade in classes post A, they might reconsider their A.

So here is a conundrum: I got my A. the official transcript needed to be sent in, and I apparently took a class after my interview known as Anatomy and Physiology its a 100 level course and basically forgot that I was in it and I got a W in it. Will it affect my A, cause it says that if you have D or F grade in classes post A, they might reconsider their A.

Nah don’t worry bout it. Long as it goes down as a W in the official script