Kansas State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email from Mary Sue saying that the pizza party tonight is cancelled due to the weather! Did you also get it?

Yeh, I got it.
Now I have to find my own pizza :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to drive over to the college and poke around.
Anyone want to come with?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally on a plane to Atlanta after waiting for over 5 hours. Connecting flight got delayed so I might make it. Yay!

Edit: I'll get at my hotel at about 3am :arghh::sleep::dead:

Finally on a plane to Atlanta after waiting for over 5 hours. Connecting flight got delayed so I might make it. Yay!

Edit: I'll get at my hotel at about 3am :arghh::sleep::dead:
Good luck, I hope you don't have an early morning interview!

11 am and she said if I miss my connecting flight I could interview anytime before 230pm or reschedule to another weekend. She's really quite nice there.
She is! Yeah, we've had a lot of cancellations for tomorrow, so I'm sure we could fit you in another time slot if needed. Luckily as far as I know everyone that's wanted to has been able to be rescheduled for January. Some people canceled outright because they just got accepted to their IS.

As far as I know the majority of invites have been sent already, if not all of them, but they MAY send a few more if people cancel or if they feel the need to hold more interviews after all three interview weekends. It's my understanding that's why they wait a while to send rejections, so they don't reject people and then go "jk, we actually want to interview you." But if you want to know for sure I'd say email Mary Sue!

Thank you! You were really helpful!

I guess you made it @Coopah, I think all the 11:00 people showed up! I'm curious who you were, I probably copied your ID haha. Hope your interview went well! Sorry you got killed in WW. :(

BREAKING NEWS:
Mary Sue said to "expect an email from her the first week of January."

I'm choosing to interpret that positively :)

Reactions: 4 users
I guess you made it @Coopah, I think all the 11:00 people showed up! I'm curious who you were, I probably copied your ID haha. Hope your interview went well! Sorry you got killed in WW. :(

Thanks were you there? Yes I made it in at 430 this morning, currently at airport to fly home, sigh. I was the one with the handsome husband ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was not sure how to interpret her comment. Like I said, I chose to believe it was a positive gesture. She also told me to "bug her" if I hadn't heard back by the end of the first week of January. I am unsure if that advice was specific to me or not.

Thanks were you there? Yes I made it in at 430 this morning, currently at airport to fly home, sigh. I was the one with the handsome husband ;)
Yes, I was helping out all day! Haha I hope your flight home goes more smoothly.
I wad told by current students they snail mail acceptances, in February... please tell me you're right
We were told to tell people IS decisions will go out beginning of January, and OOS beginning of February. But last year I interviewed OOS in December and got my acceptance email 10 days later, and my official letter about a week after that. So it could be sooner than February, but no guarantees!

Reactions: 1 user
I was not sure how to interpret her comment. Like I said, I chose to believe it was a positive gesture. She also told me to "bug her" if I hadn't heard back by the end of the first week of January. I am unsure if that advice was specific to me or not.
Are you in state?

Yes, I was helping out all day! Haha I hope your flight home goes more smoothly.

We were told to tell people IS decisions will go out beginning of January, and OOS beginning of February. But last year I interviewed OOS in December and got my acceptance email 10 days later, and my official letter about a week after that. So it could be sooner than February, but no guarantees!

Ah that clears that up thanks!

Interesting! I'm surprised she said that then when we were told to tell people February, but I would definitely believe her over me lol. I was also told I'd hear back by February, and then was pleasantly surprised it was so quick.

All in all interview went well, don't be nervous, they are all really friendly! The student ambassadors sit with you before your interview so you don't get too nervous. It seemed really nice there and apparently they are redoing first year anatomy labs!

Reactions: 6 users
@LyraGardenia do you know if admissions is closed between Christmas new years? Thanks for all your help!
I don't know for sure, but I got my acceptance email December 30th last year! I would assume no one will be in on the actual holidays at least, lol.

Thank you for the info! I was wondering if it would be acceptable to bring a copy of my resume/thesis? Or is it not allowed?
Extremely delayed follow-up, you CAN bring resumes and such in with you! Several people had padfolios with them today. But you can leave your coat/purse/suitcase/etc. in the conference room when you go downstairs to your interview.

Do you know if the thank you letters should be send by mail or e-mail to the people that interviewed you?

I think handwritten is the way to go. You can even get them done before you leave and drop them at the office. Make sure to reference specific topics discussed so they don't feel generic. Good luck!

You guys are making me freak out because I haven't heard anything and only two of you have said they called you.

I also received a phone call yesterday afternoon! OOS but used to live in Kansas and grew up going to KState football games so this is a very surreal feeling for me! Very lucky

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! Is it recommended to bring a resume to the interview? Thank you!

I didn't at all. They ask you questions based on your application and have that information right in front of them during the interview!

Yeah, honestly I used my resume when I was filling out the application so there isn't any information on my resume that they don't already have.

You're welcome to bring it if you want, but yeah, I don't think it's really necessary unless something has changed since you applied.

@LyraGardenia do you happen to know when and where we're supposed to send fall transcripts? Sorry to keep bugging you but you seem like the resident expert about all this stuff lol!

I have the same question! On the website they say that fall transcript is not required, but I did well in the last semester and finished all the pre-requisite so I kinda want the committee to know :)

@LyraGardenia do you happen to know when and where we're supposed to send fall transcripts? Sorry to keep bugging you but you seem like the resident expert about all this stuff lol!
I'm pretty sure it's not required, just a final spring transcript if you decide to attend! But I'm not positive since I wasn't taking classes when I applied, so I didn't have to send a new transcript.