Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I know that the school provides tablet computers, which device is this? Thanks in advance!
Assuming they keep it the same, it's the Fujitsu Lifebook T937!

Members don't see this ad.

It was sure a long debate, but I loved the school/campus/people more, and I’m from KCMO, so home isn’t far away!
Well oklahoma would've been lucky to have ya! I gotta decline their offer still... That's cool you're from kc. Where abouts? All my family is from there.

Well oklahoma would've been lucky to have ya! I gotta decline their offer still... That's cool you're from kc. Where abouts? All my family is from there.
My family lives in Liberty MO, in the Northland. And thank you! They would also be lucky to have you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone use theirs? Say if I wanted to invest in a iPad Pro (in supplement to my Macbook) would I be an outsider?

Does everyone use theirs? Say if I wanted to invest in a iPad Pro (in supplement to my Macbook) would I be an outsider?

I can’t recall anyone not using it. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be allowed to do that, but you’ll probably have to use the tablet at least for exams. The other benefit is if it has an issue or dies you bring it downstairs to IT and they will fix it and give you a loaner in the meantime if they need to hold onto it. They’re not great computers but they work, OneNote is nice with the touchscreen. Plus, you’re not ‘buying’ it, but you’re still paying for it with tuition. Up to you but it was good enough for me.

Yeah, you'll be required to use it for exams at least. First year most of our exams were on paper, but this year the majority are online. I think most people use their school computers during class so you have the IT support if needed, and you're already paying for the computer so might as well use it, but I see some people studying on other computers in the evenings.

@LyraGardenia @Frozenshades do you know how competitive the VTPRK is? How many students usually apply each class?
I'm not sure how many people from my class applied (I did not), but it's pretty competitive. It's worth a shot if you're willing to work in a rural environment, but especially if you're OOS I wouldn't count on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone tell me the deposit? Thanks

I'll be officially declining my seat on Monday as I'm attending Oklahoma State. Best of luck to anyone on the waitlist who may get my seat!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As we get closer to April 15th the more nervous I get about getting a call. I know the data changes between classes, but does KSU typically go pretty far into their list?

Some of the news of OOS spots being open is giving me hope.

I just wish I knew where I sat on the list.

Reactions: 1 users
As we get closer to April 15th the more nervous I get about getting a call. I know the data changes between classes, but does KSU typically go pretty far into their list?

Looking at their admission statistics that they have on their website ( https://www.vet.k-state.edu/admissions/class-stati ) they take roughly 140-150 people off of the alternate list to fill the class.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

For my class they went through the entire waitlist, but it really depends from year to year!

Reactions: 2 users
For my class they went through the entire waitlist, but it really depends from year to year!
How many people were on the waitlist your year? and do you know how many were on the waitlist last year?

The week has finally come! Hoping for some good news for us!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got the call and accepted an OOS seat!!! Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Reactions: 13 users
I just got the call and accepted an OOS seat!!! Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Congratulations! I accepted my spot off the IS waitlist too so we will be classmates

emoji3.png
emoji3.png
emoji3.png
emoji3.png
emoji3.png
emoji3.png
emoji3.png

Congratulations!! Still hoping for a call soon
I just got the call and accepted an OOS seat!!! Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist! [emoji3

Has anyone else heard back? I’m so anxious to hear back. I want to go to KSU sooooo badly

I got my call this morning and accepted my OOS seat. Goodluck everyone else still waiting to hear!

Will they notify those on the waitlist once the class is full?

Last edited:
just anxiously checking my phone every 10 seconds-making sure its fully charged-waiting for that phone call. I loved everything about KSU so crossing my fingers!!

just anxiously checking my phone every 10 seconds-making sure its fully charged-waiting for that phone call. I loved everything about KSU so crossing my fingers!!
I think I’ve checked my phone over 50 times today!

Will they notify those on the waitlist once the class is full?
They will notify us by email. Last year, like this year, I was waitlisted and they sent an email on May 4th that their class was full. Now that doesn’t mean that a spot won’t open sometime this summer or before classes start because someone dropped their seat.

Just out of curiosity: what happens if they call you and you are unable to answer your phone?

Just out of curiosity: what happens if they call you and you are unable to answer your phone?
I was in an appointment at my vet clinic and had to let it go to voicemail. I was freaking out while I worked that room

They left a message and sent me an email.

So glad for everyone getting acceptances and fingers crossed for the rest of you. You will be third years when I start! At least I get to come over from time to time since I'm in the early admit program. Hope to see all of you there and hear and learn from your experiences! You will love K-State. I'm from OOS and love it here!

Just accepted my out of state offer this morning! My childhood dream is coming true! Can't wait to meet all of you in August. It's still surreal to me.. Years of hard work paying off with just one phone call

Reactions: 4 users
I was in an appointment at my vet clinic and had to let it go to voicemail. I was freaking out while I worked that room

They left a message and sent me an email.

This is exactly what happened to me too!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I heard from Dr. Schmidt today that all seats in the class of 2022 are now filled. :( Of course spots could still open up throughout the summer as people get off waitlists elsewhere, but that's the situation for now. I imagine an official email will be sent soon if they haven't already.

BUT on the plus side for those of you who will be coming here in the fall, if you didn't see my earlier posts in the c/o 2020 thread we're starting a house system! (Similar to what NC State, Michigan State, OK State and Minnesota now have) They're still working out the details, but it sounds like it should be a fun way to make friends in other classes!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I heard from Dr. Schmidt today that all seats in the class of 2022 are now filled. :( Of course spots could still open up throughout the summer as people get off waitlists elsewhere, but that's the situation for now. I imagine an official email will be sent soon if they haven't already.

BUT on the plus side for those of you who will be coming here in the fall, if you didn't see my earlier posts in the c/o 2020 thread we're starting a house system! (Similar to what NC State, Michigan State, OK State and Minnesota now have) They're still working out the details, but it sounds like it should be a fun way to make friends in other classes!
This makes me as sad as the fact that it’s still snowing here in MA in almost May. I loved KState :(

@LyraGardenia what is a House system? In our HS we had family groups where kids from all grades were grouped into a "family" for certain events. Is it anything like that? It would be interesting and as a first year would be good to get to know some of you who will be third years when I get there.

@LyraGardenia what is a House system? In our HS we had family groups where kids from all grades were grouped into a "family" for certain events. Is it anything like that? It would be interesting and as a first year would be good to get to know some of you who will be third years when I get there.
Yeah, that sounds similar! Kind of along the lines of Harry Potter houses, only not actually living together. And no Quidditch. :laugh: But there will be faculty Heads of House as well as faculty mentors within each house to kind of serve as academic advisors, and there will be some fun competitions between the houses like a lawn games event to kick off fall semester (and there will be a House Cup!), as well as social events for each house. This will be in addition to the existing second year and fourth year buddy system, at least for now, since participating in the house system is optional for my class and c/o 2019. But if your second or fourth year is hard to get ahold of or you don't get along with them, you'll have other upperclassmen within your house to go to! The houses won't be broken up by interest or anything, they're going to try to have a good mix of people in each house so for instance if you're not an equine person and are struggling with equine anatomy, you can go to someone in your house who likes equine for help.

Yeah, that sounds similar! Kind of along the lines of Harry Potter houses, only not actually living together. And no Quidditch. But there will be faculty Heads of House as well as faculty mentors within each house to kind of serve as academic advisors, and there will be some fun competitions between the houses like a lawn games event to kick off fall semester (and there will be a House Cup!), as well as social events for each house. This will be in addition to the existing second year and fourth year buddy system, at least for now, since participating in the house system is optional for my class and c/o 2019. But if your second or fourth year is hard to get ahold of or you don't get along with them, you'll have other upperclassmen within your house to go to! The houses won't be broken up by interest or anything, they're going to try to have a good mix of people in each house so for instance if you're not an equine person and are struggling with equine anatomy, you can go to someone in your house who likes equine for help.
So is there like a sorting cat or something?