Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was totally stalking this form and saw this and perhaps will be using this when waiting for my WSU info... That is all.
ETA: USPS said my zipcode was eligible...but my address is not like what? o_O
Literally word for word this. I'm waiting on WSU, eligible zip but not address (although I live in duplex like thing).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Literally word for word this. I'm waiting on WSU, eligible zip but not address (although I live in duplex like thing).
I live in a normal house with my parents so I have no clue. Also totally hijacking the K state thread to talk about WSU with you . How did you feel about it? Was OSU your IS? Really hoping to get in here. I know chances are slim, but I love what they're doing with their program, it's cheaper for me and I love the palouse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea if the end of the first week in February means the end of this week or next week? I unfortunately think it's the latter :(

Does anyone have an idea if the end of the first week in February means the end of this week or next week? I unfortunately think it's the latter :(
Dr Elmore said if you don't hear by that second week then to begin calling him Feb 12.

Reactions: 4 users
is everyone supposed to hear back the first week of february or just the people that interviewed january 6-7?

is everyone supposed to hear back the first week of february or just the people that interviewed january 6-7?

Everyone should hear back by the 2nd week of Feb. Last year, my alternate letter was dated 2/1/17 and I think I received it on 2/6 (on the east coast and slow mail since I'm in the country).

Ugh, the waiting gets harder as it gets closer. :nailbiting: Good luck to everyone!!!!

Everyone should hear back by the 2nd week of Feb. Last year, my alternate letter was dated 2/1/17 and I think I received it on 2/6 (on the east coast and slow mail since I'm in the country).

Ugh, the waiting gets harder as it gets closer. :nailbiting: Good luck to everyone!!!!
I was interviewed on the third weekend last year and got my rejection letter Feb 6 also. So hopefully they come around the same time (this time being acceptances) lol

I heard back on Tuesday of this week, and I was interviewed January 6th. Mary Sue sent my letter in an email because something had happened and it didn't get sent in the mail right.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back on Tuesday of this week, and I was interviewed January 6th. Mary Sue sent my letter in an email because something had happened and it didn't get sent in the mail right.
I just want to make sure- you heard back yesterday about your admissions status for this application cycle?

I just want to make sure- you heard back yesterday about your admissions status for this application cycle?
Yes! I was interviewed January 6th, 2018, and I got an email Tuesday (yesterday).

Did anyone get no response from Kansas after the initial "your application is complete" email? Not even a "hey you didn't get invited to interview so we'll let you know" type of thing?

Did anyone get no response from Kansas after the initial "your application is complete" email? Not even a "hey you didn't get invited to interview so we'll let you know" type of thing?
If you didn't get an interview invite, I would be anticipating a rejection letter soon unfortunately, they haven't been sent out yet. It's not just you!

If you didn't get an interview invite, I would be anticipating a rejection letter soon unfortunately, they haven't been sent out yet. It's not just you!

Yeah I figured!! Good luck to you guys hopefully you all get good news :)

Just get a mail saying I am in the alternate list. Slightly disappointed but not surprised :) does anyone know what are the chances for students in alternate list?

Just get a mail saying I am in the alternate list. Slightly disappointed but not surprised :) does anyone know what are the chances for students in alternate list?
Better than a rejection! When did your interview?

Better than a rejection! When did your interview?

I interviewed on 1/21! So I haven’t waited for too long to get this result. And yes I guess you are right, better than a rejection :). Just another long waiting lol!

They are sending rejections out now. I just got mine about four minutes ago. But I’m going to email them about a file review because it said I was disqualified because of one of my prerequisites but I emailed them during the summer to make sure they were all okay before applying and I got the okay so I’m just a little confused.

They are sending rejections out now. I just got mine about four minutes ago. But I’m going to email them about a file review because it said I was disqualified because of one of my prerequisites but I emailed them during the summer to make sure they were all okay before applying and I got the okay so I’m just a little confused.
did you get it via email or regular mail?

Hey! I don’t think they were saying that you specifically we disqualified for that reason I think it was more of a general idea for cut off points. Mine said the same thing and I meet all of those requirements. The line before it said like you didn’t fall in the top of our applicants and then went on to say that those without the following were disqualified. If that makes sense?! Or maybe all the emails were different I just assumed it was a standard email and not specific to me.

Edit: unless it said specifically your prerequisite.
My email read “You were not invited to interview because your GRE scores and/or science GPA did not rank you in the top group of applicants, you were disqualified for earning less than a "C" in at least one of our prerequisites, your science GPA was less than a 2.9, you earned less than a 2.8 GPA on your last 45 semester hours of undergraduate work, you earned less than a 2.8 GPA on our prerequisites, and/or your application was incomplete.” And I assumed I fell under the first category. But a file review is still a good idea :)

Last edited:
It really depends on the year, for my class they had to go through the entire waitlist to fill the class, whereas last year the class filled up sooner. Hopefully you'll get good news in April!

Has anyone who interviewed gotten a rejection yet?

It really depends on the year, for my class they had to go through the entire waitlist to fill the class, whereas last year the class filled up sooner. Hopefully you'll get good news in April!
Thanks! Hope for the best!

Uggggh, just saw that my letter is coming in the mail today. I'm at work until 8pm. Kill me!

Reactions: 2 users
I got my letter today and I'm on the alternate list! :D

So everyone who is accepted should decline their offer

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed on 1/21, just got my letter accepted OOS!

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed mary sue because I'm impatient. I'm on the alternate list. Better than a rejection! I just put my deposit in for AVC and if I get off the waitlist at Kansas, I'll probably come there. Fingers crossed!

Another day, another empty mailbox

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted OOS! Interviewed 1/20

Reactions: 1 users
I got my letter today and I'm on the alternate list! :D

So everyone who is accepted should decline their offer

Me too! I completely agree...everyone does need to decide to go somewhere else ;)

It's been a rough afternoon...rejected from everywhere else I applied today. Crossing my fingers this waitlist moves quickly.

Well hopefully my IS wants me! If so, I will be choosing them. I’ll post here as soon as I hear from them, but it may be another month. Ughhhhh.

Well apparently I'm destined to be second choice. Yet another alternate offer...

Well apparently I'm destined to be second choice. Yet another alternate offer...
Alternate list isn't a bad thing! From my understanding, in the past, they have pulled a lot of people off the alternate list. Do you mind letting us know the date your letter was mailed/ post-marked?

Alternate list isn't a bad thing! From my understanding, in the past, they have pulled a lot of people off the alternate list. Do you mind letting us know the date your letter was mailed/ post-marked?
Mine was post-marked on the 29th and I interviewed on the 20th.

Mine was post-marked on the 29th and I interviewed on the 20th.

Hope it doesn't mean anything that I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed on the 7th. Trying hard to be patient buuuuuutttt its hard!

Hope it doesn't mean anything that I haven't heard back yet and I interviewed on the 7th. Trying hard to be patient buuuuuutttt its hard!
They sent everything out at once as far as I know. So the fact that I interviewed after you shouldn't mean anything, my mailman is just a little quicker

Mine is marked for the 29th, I interviewed the 21st. And I know it's not bad I'm just EXTREMELY salty. This is my third time applying (to get school not K State) and I just want to be accepted already...

Just got my letter in the mail today. I've been put on the alternate list which is better than I expected. Now get to play the waiting game. Hoping for the best considering this is my only shot at getting into vet school this year..

I'm also waitlisted (IS). I'm a little confused on the process - if people decline before the deadline in April, can they contact waitlisted people as soon as they know, or do they tend to wait until April? I know the process is different each year, but does anyone know the stats on IS waitlist? Ugh, the waiting game is awful!

I'm also waitlisted (IS). I'm a little confused on the process - if people decline before the deadline in April, can they contact waitlisted people as soon as they know, or do they tend to wait until April? I know the process is different each year, but does anyone know the stats on IS waitlist? Ugh, the waiting game is awful!
They will call the next person on the list as soon as a position in the class is open. They can pull people off of the alternate list all the way until the first day of orientation in August.

As far as the IS waitlist go I'm not sure how many offers are declined each year. Mary Sue might be able to answer that for you but I don't know.

Hey folks who have heard back already! Does the acceptance letter come in a big envelope or just a normal size one? I'm watching my mail like a hawk and just want to know what to *hopefully* look for

Accepted OOS, interviewed on 1/6! I'm honestly in shock!

Reactions: 5 users