Kansas State C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS invite for 1/3 as well. I can't believe it.

I think someone was asking for stats so if you'd like to see mine (low GPA [sub-3.2] in all categories) please PM me :)
CONGRATS!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied OOS and just got an interview invite for 1/3 at 3:30 pm!!

Do any of the ambassadors know how many applicants they had this year? Out of those, how many do they interview? @LyraGardenia :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied OOS and just got an interview for 1/4!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I heard back about an interview this afternoon for 1/3 and I'm so excited! I'm OOS and I would be happy to share my stats if you PM me as well :)

Will you guys be attending the pizza party and panel the night before? I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hey guys! I heard back about an interview this afternoon for 1/3 and I'm so excited! I'm OOS and I would be happy to share my stats if you PM me as well :)

Will you guys be attending the pizza party and panel the night before? I can't wait to meet everyone!

I will be attending the pizza party on 1/2!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is it a pizza party? They called it a dinner in the email..not sure if that means the same thing or if there are two separate things going on?
In the past it has specifically said pizza party in the email. I think someone earlier on here said that Mary Sue also retired, so things may have changed this year and there may be an actual fancier dinner. I’d definitely recommend checking whether it’s a dinner vs pizza party like in the past and asking what the dresscode is, since some of the main people in admissions aren’t the same.

I am OOS and got an interview invite yesterday for Dec. 16th! I hope to see some of you at the dinner on the 15th.

Whoops, you are right! In the past its been a pizza party which is why I said that. Looks like theres only one event. In my email it says its a reception to meet student ambassadors and dress is work casual. Probably will wear some khaki's and a nice blouse or sweater :)

I'll be there for the dinner on the 14th! I don't recall my email stating the dress code I will go check on that, maybe I missed it. I can't wait to meet you guys! :soexcited:

If we can't find someone from a previous year I suppose we could ask when we send our email reply accepting the interview request?
I asked when I responded, along with a million other questions lol. My email didn't include dress code which is weird I thought it would have been a copy and paste deal.

I asked when I responded, along with a million other questions lol. My email didn't include dress code which is weird I thought it would have been a copy and paste deal.
Huh, weird! My email said "This is an informative evening for candidates and dress is work casual." Maybe they revised it since your invitation probably was sent before mine?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am OOS and got an interview invite for January 4th!!! AHHH I'M SO STOKED, Y'ALL.

Reactions: 4 users
Huh, weird! My email said "This is an informative evening for candidates and dress is work casual." Maybe they revised it since your invitation probably was sent before mine?
Yeah, I am not sure. Mine says "You are also invited to attend a dinner recognizing all of our candidates on Friday, December 14, 2018 at 6:30 P.M. in Frick Auditorium, Mosier Hall. Please feel free to invite any family or friends who have accompanied you on your visit to Manhattan. This event offers you the opportunity to meet our student ambassadors and gives you a chance to ask any questions you might have about the College, K-State, and any other subject."

On another note, if anyone is open to swapping stats I would be interested!

In previous years there was a very casual pizza party that was mainly just a panel/Q&A with current students, but from what I was told they're trying to make it more of a mingling opportunity! (And hopefully there will be better food than Little Caesar's pizza, but I make no promises :laugh:)

Do any of the ambassadors know how many applicants they had this year? Out of those, how many do they interview? @LyraGardenia :D
I haven't heard numbers for this year, the most recent stats they've posted are from my class (2020). Going off that they've usually had ~1000 applicants, interviewed ~400 people and sent acceptances to ~260 to make up the class of ~112. But if you call or email they might be able to give you more current info!

I am OOS and got an interview invite for January 4th. Very excited, almost cried!

Reactions: 3 users
Hoping they're sending more OOS invites out :(

I am OOS and got an interview invite for January 4th. Very excited, almost cried!
I'm right there with you. I didn't make it through the first few sentences of my Davis interview notice without losing it. Congrats on the interview! I'm also interviewing on the 4th at KSU at 9:30AM. See you there!

Congrats to everyone getting interviews! I'll be a year behind you (early admit so know I'm going here - unless I totally screw up somehow - not planning on it though) so watching with interest. Nice to see several guys interviewing too. I know I will be outnumbered but it is great other guys are out interviewing. I'm seeing the school from the undergrad perspective. I'm OOS (big city) and really love Manhattan. It is a great town and a great school. Kansas isn't at all what I pictured it being, loads better.

Did anyone hear from KSU before the invites?? I haven't heard anything back from them and I am just nervous that maybe all my stuff didn't get in or something :/

Did anyone hear from KSU before the invites?? I haven't heard anything back from them and I am just nervous that maybe all my stuff didn't get in or something :/

No, I didn't hear from them until my invite. You could always call and ask to make sure everything on your application was received.

In previous years there was a very casual pizza party that was mainly just a panel/Q&A with current students, but from what I was told they're trying to make it more of a mingling opportunity! (And hopefully there will be better food than Little Caesar's pizza, but I make no promises :laugh:)

I haven't heard numbers for this year, the most recent stats they've posted are from my class (2020). Going off that they've usually had ~1000 applicants, interviewed ~400 people and sent acceptances to ~260 to make up the class of ~112. But if you call or email they might be able to give you more current info!

Good god this place must have them on speed dial. Pizza for meetings, pizza at lunch, pizza this, pizza that.

I called the school and they said all interview invites for both weekends have been sent.

It's all a crapshoot. Keep ur head up tru108

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using SDN mobile
I know. I’m just disappointed because I’ve done a lot of improvement on my application, and I’ve been interviewed the last two years here.

Interviewing on January 3rd at 4:30.

Third time applying, second time interviewing so fingers crossed! I’m starting to feel old hahaha

Reactions: 3 users
If any girls would like to split a hotel room for the 1/3 interview in order to save some $$$ I am down with that. :)

Does anyone remember whether the interviews are open are closed file?

Anyone else planning to drive? Flights are so expensive I think I’m going to take the 19 hour road trip option. I just don’t know what to expect from the weather as I go cross-country from the east coast.

Anyone else planning to drive? Flights are so expensive I think I’m going to take the 19 hour road trip option. I just don’t know what to expect from the weather as I go cross-country from the east coast.
Did you look at flights into Kansas City? I know that tends to be cheaper than flying into Manhattan, you'd just need to rent a car but then it's an easy 2 hour drive from KC to Manhattan. As far as the weather in this area specifically it's really a toss-up, it could be 70 degrees in December, or we've had single digits and snow and ice during interviews before.

If any girls would like to split a hotel room for the 1/3 interview in order to save some $$$ I am down with that. :)
This is a great idea! I am planning on getting a hotel for the December 15th interview (December 14th night) so if any females are interested send me a PM :)

Did you look at flights into Kansas City? I know that tends to be cheaper than flying into Manhattan, you'd just need to rent a car but then it's an easy 2 hour drive from KC to Manhattan. As far as the weather in this area specifically it's really a toss-up, it could be 70 degrees in December, or we've had single digits and snow and ice during interviews before.

Like this week...brrr. My office was a freaking tundra for a few days but that seems to be fixed at least...

ezgif.com-resize.gif

93NlHvZ

work-penguin-fancy-hdEhU942MSM6Y

I’ll be driving from Massachusetts. Of course it’s right in the middle of winter break and I’m a student at Iowa State now so I’m driving home only to drive back 2 weeks later :/ IState is only 5 hours. Massachusetts is like 24 lol

I’ll be driving from Massachusetts. Of course it’s right in the middle of winter break and I’m a student at Iowa State now so I’m driving home only to drive back 2 weeks later :/ IState is only 5 hours. Massachusetts is like 24 lol

Between gas (and I’m assuming a hotel along the way) isn’t a ~2500 mile roundtrip getting to the point where it’s almost the same price to fly? I guess I also do not like long car rides if it can be helped.

Between gas (and I’m assuming a hotel along the way) isn’t a ~2500 mile roundtrip getting to the point where it’s almost the same price to fly? I guess I also do not like long car rides if it can be helped.

I drive long trips (8-9 hours) decently often, so it’s not a huge deal to me if I do it in two halves. Rounding up a bit, I’m estimating about $300 for gas round trip. The flights out of any airport near me are all $800-1000. And once you tack on a hotel for that and car rental... it’s still going to be way less expensive for me to drive. Plus I’ve never been to the midwest, so I’m planning to turn it into a mini-roadtrip since it falls over my winter break.

I'm doing that as well! 20 hour road trip, here I come! Probably stopping in Nashville to sleep, then the rest of the way to Manhattan. Who knows how to drive in snow though LOL

I'm doing that as well! 20 hour road trip, here I come! Probably stopping in Nashville to sleep, then the rest of the way to Manhattan. Who knows how to drive in snow though LOL
Don’t randomly slam on the brakes or turn super fast and you’ll be fine lol

For all of you driving from the east coast, I would consider looking at flights again! I'm from CT and its a 22 hour drive which I was considering making. When I checked on Monday after my interview notification, round trip flights were all like 700, but I waited a bit and just booked a flight for 350 into Kansas City :) But I also have a friend who is driving me from KC to manhattan (a 2 hour drive) but I know shuttles run from the airport to manhattan! It's definitely worth another look... I also hate driving long distances and wanted to avoid it like the plague hahaha

For all of you driving from the east coast, I would consider looking at flights again! I'm from CT and its a 22 hour drive which I was considering making. When I checked on Monday after my interview notification, round trip flights were all like 700, but I waited a bit and just booked a flight for 350 into Kansas City :) But I also have a friend who is driving me from KC to manhattan (a 2 hour drive) but I know shuttles run from the airport to manhattan! It's definitely worth another look... I also hate driving long distances and wanted to avoid it like the plague hahaha

I’m from New York and definitely won’t be considering driving at all. Idk how anyone can drive for that long! I plan on booking a flight to manhattan airport since that’s is the closest to the school. Would you know how the shuttles are run? I’m trying to figure out how to get to the airport to the hotel to the hotel to the school. Was just going to cab it but I definitely prefer shuttles. I want to avoid renting a car like I had to do for my interview at lmu if it’s possible :p

I’m from New York

Me too! My mom will be coming with me and we are finding that the cheapest option is to fly into Kansas City and then renting a car to drive into Manhattan. If it's going to be just you, though, flying into Manhattan may not be such a bad idea. When I told my mom "the interview is in Manhattan" she thought they were going to be showing up in the city to interview me :laugh:

The email says that there are shuttles from the Manhattan airport to all the hotels listed & to the vet med facilities.

Me too! My mom will be coming with me and we are finding that the cheapest option is to fly into Kansas City and then renting a car to drive into Manhattan. If it's going to be just you, though, flying into Manhattan may not be such a bad idea. When I told my mom "the interview is in Manhattan" she thought they were going to be showing up in the city to interview me :laugh:

The email says that there are shuttles from the Manhattan airport to all the hotels listed & to the vet med facilities.
That’s exactly what I thought! :hilarious: For a split second I was like yes it’s in manhattan I don’t need to travel anywhere. And then I read manhattan Kansas LOL