1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

KCOM vs. LECOM - Erie

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by saxifoneforgod, Feb 22, 2007.

1. saxifoneforgod

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would like to hear from people who have visited, interviewed, and/or applied to each of these schools. Which one did you prefer and why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Packamylase

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Have you been accepted to both? If so, KCOM.

KCOM has established clinical rotations, a good matchlist, good reputation, strong OMM, nice faculty, friendly students, and ONLY 17,000 people live in Kirksville! (That last one's actually a negative in MY book.)

3. MD/DO ALMOST

2+ Year Member

KCOM - Better, more established, and well respected.

4. Dr.Inviz

Dr.Inviz Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    KCOM for shizzle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MJB

MJB Senior Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Never visite LECOM Erie, but have visited K-ville.

Erie looks like St. Joseph, MO on steroids, but colder, and further removed from anything.

Kirksville is rural, but at not industrial, and not as cold/snowy...and a great school.

6. bkpa2med

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I've been to Erie and love it. When its winter, its winter!

Over 100k population and I think it's a good school that offers many pathways. If you don't like their dress code, don't do LDP. That's all. Their match list is pretty decent, if you search it you can find it.

PM me about the school if you'd like.

7. Buckeye4life

Buckeye4life DO, MPT
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    LECOM-Erie is my choice. I got accepted ISP, which means after the first 12 weeks, I don't have to attend class, except for manipulation lab and occassionally with my advisor or small group. Their web site has all of the corresponding residency affiliations and they're quite extensive.:luck:

8. Tyrone Biggums

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I''ve never been to KCOM, but I have been to LECOM-Erie. They have too many similarities to the Heaven's Gate cult for me, however I have worked with physicians from LECOM and they are definately capable. I think if you can deal with all the strange rules and the administration that wants to construct statues of themselves, they will help you to become a good doctor. On the other hand, KCOM is the founding institution for Osteopathic medicine and is very well established. Don't drink the kool aid. :smuggrin:

9. Dr.Inviz

Dr.Inviz Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    Did you get into KCOM? Sure, you're at Erie, but did you have to make a similar vote? If not, then maybe your opinion would have been different. If you did, then more power to you.

10. Buckeye4life

Buckeye4life DO, MPT
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    LECOM-Erie for shizzle. Nuff said, ai-ight, snoop?

11. bkpa2med

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :smuggrin: