KCOM vs. LECOM - Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saxifoneforgod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear from people who have visited, interviewed, and/or applied to each of these schools. Which one did you prefer and why?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to hear from people who have visited, interviewed, and/or applied to each of these schools. Which one did you prefer and why?

Have you been accepted to both? If so, KCOM.

KCOM has established clinical rotations, a good matchlist, good reputation, strong OMM, nice faculty, friendly students, and ONLY 17,000 people live in Kirksville! (That last one's actually a negative in MY book.)

KCOM - Better, more established, and well respected.

Members don't see this ad :)
KCOM for shizzle.

Never visite LECOM Erie, but have visited K-ville.

Erie looks like St. Joseph, MO on steroids, but colder, and further removed from anything.

Kirksville is rural, but at not industrial, and not as cold/snowy...and a great school.

I've been to Erie and love it. When its winter, its winter!

Over 100k population and I think it's a good school that offers many pathways. If you don't like their dress code, don't do LDP. That's all. Their match list is pretty decent, if you search it you can find it.

PM me about the school if you'd like.

LECOM-Erie is my choice. I got accepted ISP, which means after the first 12 weeks, I don't have to attend class, except for manipulation lab and occassionally with my advisor or small group. Their web site has all of the corresponding residency affiliations and they're quite extensive.:luck:

I''ve never been to KCOM, but I have been to LECOM-Erie. They have too many similarities to the Heaven's Gate cult for me, however I have worked with physicians from LECOM and they are definately capable. I think if you can deal with all the strange rules and the administration that wants to construct statues of themselves, they will help you to become a good doctor. On the other hand, KCOM is the founding institution for Osteopathic medicine and is very well established. Don't drink the kool aid. :smuggrin:

LECOM-Erie is my choice. I got accepted ISP, which means after the first 12 weeks, I don't have to attend class, except for manipulation lab and occassionally with my advisor or small group. Their web site has all of the corresponding residency affiliations and they're quite extensive.:luck:

Did you get into KCOM? Sure, you're at Erie, but did you have to make a similar vote? If not, then maybe your opinion would have been different. If you did, then more power to you.

Did you get into KCOM? Sure, you're at Erie, but did you have to make a similar vote? If not, then maybe your opinion would have been different. If you did, then more power to you.

LECOM-Erie for shizzle. Nuff said, ai-ight, snoop?