Mar 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
CT look too much like dorms for me and I don't mind a 15ish minute commute coming from a big city. I've heard river market, downtown westport, and north of KC like zona rosa are pretty nice.
Yeah that’s what I’m saying. I was look at places in river market. Just seems nice and you can walk to places and don’t have to drive to get food or groceries. Compared to CT there’s like no where to walk to and apparently it’s too sketch to even want to walk anywhere besides school

Oct 16, 2018
Just got waitlisted today. Been rejected from a few SMP's so really keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Anybody know when to expect movement, updates, or even how good chances of waitlist are?

Oct 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m contemplating this program with another one which is new but really cheap and the linkage based on the interview is pretty strong so i might take it and drop this program

Mar 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m attending this fall but i need to retake my mcat so I am above the cut off. I’m wondering if I should apply right now to the medical school and state that I’m retaking the mcat or just wait until i retake the mcat and then apply? I heard they don’t look at your application until after first semester anyway.

Oct 19, 2018
I’m attending this fall but i need to retake my mcat so I am above the cut off. I’m wondering if I should apply right now to the medical school and state that I’m retaking the mcat or just wait until i retake the mcat and then apply? I heard they don’t look at your application until after first semester anyway.
I assume you are taking the MCAT before school starts which would mean no later than late July. I'd imagine this should be ok since, like you said, they don't officially look at your application until after the first semester. I believe some people may have even taken it during the winter break but don't quote me on that. I assume as long as you say when you are scheduled to take the MCAT on your app it should be ok.

OP
M

MicrobeMommy

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I assume you are taking the MCAT before school starts which would mean no later than late July. I'd imagine this should be ok since, like you said, they don't officially look at your application until after the first semester. I believe some people may have even taken it during the winter break but don't quote me on that. I assume as long as you say when you are scheduled to take the MCAT on your app it should be ok.
If you mean you are applying to KCU, they will hold your application no matter when you apply until after first semester. Most other med schools will put your application on hold until after first semester grades as well as long as you make them aware grades are coming. If not, you run the risk of an outright rejection if your grades aren’t stellar and you need those first semester grades.

Oct 19, 2018
If you mean you are applying to KCU, they will hold your application no matter when you apply until after first semester. Most other med schools will put your application on hold until after first semester grades as well as long as you make them aware grades are coming. If not, you run the risk of an outright rejection if your grades aren’t stellar and you need those first semester grades.
Did you contact the schools individually informing them about the first semester grades?

OP
M

MicrobeMommy

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2016
Status
So y’all are saying I should just apply now even though I’m taking my mcat probably during winter break or so and just let them know?
You can apply now and just put that you are retaking the MCAT and waiting for semester grades. They’ll just hold it most of the time and it’ll be one less thing to do in the fall semester.

The Element

2+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone receive an email from KCU admissions asking them to fill out a survey to see if they're still interested in the MBS program?

Waitlisted applicant here!

OP
M

MicrobeMommy

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2016
Status
I wonder if that's normal. I was told they would review waitlisted applicants some time in May/June but they never mentioned we would get a survey e-mailed to us.
It is normal. They do something similar for the medical school.

Jul 22, 2014
Hi, also a waitlisted student. Does anyone know when they send out their last decisions by? Also if anyone knows, do those not accepted off the waitlist receive rejection emails?

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, also a waitlisted student. Does anyone know when they send out their last decisions by? Also if anyone knows, do those not accepted off the waitlist receive rejection emails?
Have the same question. Been waitlisted a while, just curious how when I should expect to hear back either way acceptance or not. How long do they usually keep admissions rolling?

OmahaBeaver

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone ever been accepted into the COM off the WL when they're also about to start their first year with the COB? I am on the WL here and I am wondering if I shot myself in the foot by accepting the COB offer for this fall? I am excited about this program and can't wait to potentially start in a few weeks, but the conspiracy theorist within me is cooking up some ideas. So I am seeing if anyone has seen people pulled from the WL and give up there spot in the COB? Thanks Team.

cameroonie

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jun 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got the call this morning, I GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!

So excited, with all the rejections I've gotten so far this is a great change of pace! See you in the fall!
Congratulations!!!!!!!! That is really exciting news. Feel free to message me if you have questions about orientation or anything else. I am an incoming student as well.

Reactions: The Element
Jun 10, 2019
Just got accepted this week. Anyone know where I should look for housing or is anyone offering to rent a room. Look forward to meeting everyone in the fall!

Reactions: CoolLuWhip
Oct 19, 2018
Just got accepted this week. Anyone know where I should look for housing or is anyone offering to rent a room. Look forward to meeting everyone in the fall!
Depends on your budget and how close you want to be near the school.

If you look further away (north of the river and midtown/Westport) you'll find some decent places. There's also river market and union hill which are closer. CT if you want to be right next to the school. If you want a roommate check out FB group or something I guess.

Oct 16, 2018
Anybody know of any good gyms in the area? The nicest one is OneLife fitness, but it's super pricey compared to comparable gyms where I come from.

Feb 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I got accepted 2 weeks ago and already paid the deposit and everything but I never got an email to set up my portal account. Did i miss something?