KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Started by ShyRem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you interviewing this Friday and staying at the Q, will you be taking the shuttle? I received an email saying those who shuttle will interview first. hmmmm, Shuttle? Drive? Shuttle? Drive?

Good luck everyone!
 
Interview invite! Yes!!! I'll be there 11/16... Who is with me?!?! So Excited. I hear GREAT things about KCUMB and know 1 alum and 1 student that LOVE KCUMB 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How long did it take to get your acceptance letter? I interviewed today and loved it. The student ambassadors and faculty were super friendly and the interview was very laid back.

It took 2.5 weeks. Longer than others probably bc I'm canadian 😛 so expect it in 2 weeks. good luck!
 
Those who interviewed today it was nice meeting ya'll and good luck!!!

KCUMB really impressed me and such a sweet interview.

-Dude from STL
 
I was impressed with the fellow applicants I met. Im glad to see KCUMB selects interviewees who seem to have good personalities. I hope to see you guys in the fall.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone interviewing on the 18th? i get in super early on the 17th.. and will prob go check out the campus beforehand!
 
Guess I'm one of the 20%, but that's quite OK cause I fell in love with DMU and Carver last week!
 
Accepted KCUMB C/O 2016!!!
Stats: OOS 28p 3.8 GPA
Interview 10/19/2011
 
Last edited:
Accepted KCUMB C/O 2016!!!
Stats: OOS 28p 3.8 GPA
Interview 10/19/2011

Nice man! I just got my acceptance letter today too. Have you come to a decision on KCUMB versus VCOM? Are you still going to interview around at more schools?

Congrats!! 😎
 
Nice man! I just got my acceptance letter today too. Have you come to a decision on KCUMB versus VCOM? Are you still going to interview around at more schools?

Congrats!! 😎

congratz bro! are you gonna decide between DMU and KCUMB or have you already made the decision?....I visit KCUMB on monday with my best friend (we scheduled to interview together) I hope to pull off an interview like in step brothers...dressed in a tux with him sitting behind me giving me answers hahaha
 
congratz bro! are you gonna decide between DMU and KCUMB or have you already made the decision?....I visit KCUMB on monday with my best friend (we scheduled to interview together) I hope to pull off an interview like in step brothers...dressed in a tux with him sitting behind me giving me answers hahaha

Haha, nice man. Good luck with your interview... it's VERY laid back. Even more so than DMU's interview.

I'm choosing DMU over KCUMB, but KCUMB is a fantastic school. 👍
 
Accepted!!
OOS 3.5 cGPA 3.4 sGPA
27Q MCAT Interviewed 8/24


Bryana 2-

Did you mean you interviewed 10/24? Weren't you in my group for interviews? I am surprised you heard back already. They said we wouldn't know until next week.
 
Put down both my deposits for KCUMB and Century Towers yesterday! Schwing baby 😀

Good luck to all future interviewees!
 
Fortunate to be accepted to the class of 2016! I interviewed 10/12, anyone from that day also get accepted? Still waiting to hear from CCOM before I decide If I'll be attending. Best of luck to to those who have interviewed or awaiting interview invites. Congratulations to those who got acceptances!

Alas, I leave you with the wise words of the great Zack Ryder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2aVLkRar0 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone elaborate on the rotation sites? (how many are located in KC, etc?)

How are rotations assigned? I read somewhere about a "straw-poll" but couldnt really find more info on that.

Thanks
 
Any current students know a good place to live, other than Century Towers? I know there are some places downtown I just wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions for alternatives. Thanks!
 
Can anyone elaborate on the rotation sites? (how many are located in KC, etc?)

How are rotations assigned? I read somewhere about a "straw-poll" but couldnt really find more info on that.

Thanks

They give you a list of rotation sites during the interview day. I dont' remember the details, but I have the list at home. I think the rotations are assigned by choosing your top 3 choices then it's lottery from there. I believe more ppl get their 1st/2nd pick.

I would like to know how many and which of the rotation sites are MD hospitals. Thanks!
 
Accepted!!! Found out two days ago. So Excited 🙂 Interviewd on 10/19. I am about to call Century Towers to check on how many spots they have left EEEEE
 
Accepted!!! Found out two days ago. So Excited 🙂 Interviewd on 10/19. I am about to call Century Towers to check on how many spots they have left EEEEE
Congrats! We interviewed on the same day, I remember you because you told me about Tulane 😉, and I hope to see you in the fall!
 
Awesome! Its so nice to have interviewed early, heard back fast, and had such piece of mind this quickly in the game. I have another interview and maybe some in the spring but I just don't even want to go to them at all. I guess that is a good sign! haha. For anyone intersted in knowing, I checked with Century Towers and they said they have ony gotten about 12 applications so that is good news.
 
Congrats! We interviewed on the same day, I remember you because you told me about Tulane 😉, and I hope to see you in the fall!

Haha you may have talked to my roommate but she also got in too! I wonder how everybody did during our day.
 
Just wondering, can a DO student be able to participate in research beginning first year? Or do I have to be in a dual DO/MS program for that?
 
You can participate in research in 1st year and there is no MS-DO degree for research, just for ethics.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, getting into med school (especially at KCUMB) is a dream come true! I don't think it's going to sink in until I do the financial aid stuff. Here's a question- how long do we have before we have to decide? I haven't gotten any info since the acceptance letter. I have 3 more interviews, the last one on December 12th at LECOM-Eerie. I obviously want to have something to compare KCUMB against since it was my first interview. Is there a way to get the other schools to expedite their decisions after my interviews? I feel like I may have to decide on KCUMB before Dec. 12th (my last interview).

I'm really leaning toward KCUMB, I LOVED the school, and I liked Kansas City quite a bit. Still, the smart thing to do would be to go to the other interviews and make sure that I don't love another school too. (Never thought I'd be in the situation where I had a choice of medical schools. I feel kind of badass :ninja:)
 
I have one quick question for ya'll... is there any way to find out the names of the Student Ambassadors who showed us around? I've been looking online but haven't come up with anything so far...