General Admissions & OTCAS Kean University MSOT 2020 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[email protected]! You have a much better chance of getting answers when you email them vs calling them.
Thanks so much I’m going to try that! Congratulations to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone is waiting on Seton Hall - I’ll be giving up my seat. Hopefully it pushes one of you off the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What did they email back to you? Just saying that they would get back to within the next week or two? Or that you got in? Sorry for so many questions!
No worries! They emailed me this morning saying I got accepted into the MSOT program

Tbh, I might’ve forced them to tell me if I was accepted or not because I emailed them asking for my status lol. Maybe try emailing them too!

Congrats on your admission! Did you email the OT department or graduate admissions? I emailed graduate admissions last week and they said my application was under review. I wonder if emailing the OT department directly would be different.

Congrats on your admission! Did you email the OT department or graduate admissions? I emailed graduate admissions last week and they said my application was under review. I wonder if emailing the OT department directly would be different.
I emailed OT department today and they said next week or in 2 weeks

Sorry nvm, the page didn’t load all the way when I posted, just saw your response to someone earlier!

Also got my rejection letter, good luck and congrats to those who got in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejection also, but I am thrilled to be going to Salus. Good luck to everyone :)

For those of you who have yet to hear from Kean....I emailed Kean and heard back today... they said

"Thank you so much for your patience. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the application review was put on hold. As of late, all applications have been reviewed and Graduate Admissions is working on putting together acceptance/rejection letters. You should be hearing back within the next week."

Hope this helps!
Also does anyone know if or when the deadline for Seton Hall is/was to accept or decline?

I gave up, my seat at Kean hopefully this helps someone I will be attending NYU.

For those of you who have yet to hear from Kean....I emailed Kean and heard back today... they said

"Thank you so much for your patience. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the application review was put on hold. As of late, all applications have been reviewed and Graduate Admissions is working on putting together acceptance/rejection letters. You should be hearing back within the next week."

Hope this helps!
Also does anyone know if or when the deadline for Seton Hall is/was to accept or decline?
I emailed them last week and they sent me that same exact message (I wonder if it’s automated) Ugh we just have to be patient which stinks lol I’m sure they are working as fast as they can through all of this. I don’t know the deadline for Seton Hall sorry! I was waitlisted there though

Hope this helps!

this is the email I received back from Kean yesterday
“We apologize for the delay. Your application is still under consideration; we should have an answer by the end of this week.

Again, we apologize for the delay.”

For Seton Hall, I was giving 10 days from my acceptance to decide. So I found out on March 3rd and had to put down my deposit to secure my spot by the 13th.

I received an acceptance letter!!!!! I am so happy. Has anyone else received news!?

Congratulations!!! I haven't heard anything. I have been checking my email like crazy though! Got a fake out when I got an email from Office of Graduate Admissions for a video call with the Graduate Admissions office to learn about the application process. My heart dropped when I saw the sender line on my phone lol. hopefully I'll know soon

I received an acceptance letter!!!!! I am so happy. Has anyone else received news!?

Congratulations!!! I haven't heard anything. I have been checking my email like crazy though! Got a fake out when I got an email from Office of Graduate Admissions for a video call with the Graduate Admissions office to learn about the application process. My heart dropped when I saw the sender line on my phone lol. hopefully I'll know soon
Thank you I was doing the same! Crossing my fingers for everybody!

Same exact thing here!!

I emailed them today in the afternoon and got a response back in the evening. I am in!

For anyone who has not heard anything, consider emailing the OT department directly and inquiring about your application status.

I emailed them today in the afternoon and got a response back in the evening. I am in!

For anyone who has not heard anything, consider emailing the OT department directly and inquiring about your application status.
Wow! Congrats, did you get an official email too?

Would anyone be interested in a Facebook group for kean?

Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone be interested in a Facebook group for kean?
Hey! I actually come on here to see if anyone would be interested in making a group chat or something so I'd definitely be interested

Congrats! Are you a msot or otd student?

Hey! I actually come on here to see if anyone would be interested in making a group chat or something so I'd definitely be interested
Awesome I would be up for either one!

I just made one! Search up “Kean University MSOT/OTD Students” on Facebook :)

Hey do you guys know if the summer II session will be online? I checked the kean website for the exact start/end dates & it only had listings for online classes?

Hey do you guys know if the summer II session will be online? I checked the kean website for the exact start/end dates & it only had listings for online classes?
I’m assuming they’re going to give us more info as it gets closer!

I think it’s most likely going to be online considering that the governor just confirmed schools to be shut down for the rest of the year.. I assume that counts for summer classes as well.

After emailing Kean’s OT department again, they told me I’m on the waitlist

After emailing Kean’s OT department again, they told me I’m on the waitlist
I'm sorry, I know it can be hard not knowing, stay positive! It just means you're a strong candidate and they think you'd be a great fit for the program, but unfortunately there's only like 30 spots. Wishing you all the best!!

I'm sorry, I know it can be hard not knowing, stay positive! It just means you're a strong candidate and they think you'd be a great fit for the program, but unfortunately there's only like 30 spots. Wishing you all the best!!
Thanks so much!! I actually just received an email that I was accepted and will receive my official acceptance letter in 2-3 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! Has anyone who applied heard absolutely nothing?

My son received his rejection emails today both to the DOT and MSOT programs waitlisted at three other schools so he is hoping something opens up at Seton Hall

Strange I still haven't received an email. I am in a similar boat as your son. I have been waitlisted at all other schools and PRAYING a spot opens up at Seton Hall! Wishing the best for both of us!!

Thanks so much!! I actually just received an email that I was accepted and will receive my official acceptance letter in 2-3 weeks!
Yay congrats join the Facebook group!

Strange I still haven't received an email. I am in a similar boat as your son. I have been waitlisted at all other schools and PRAYING a spot opens up at Seton Hall! Wishing the best for both of us!!
I’ll be giving up my spot at Seton Hall, hopefully that helps to open a spot for someone else!