General Admissions & OTCAS Kean University MSOT 2020 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could you elaborate a bit more? Like, did they mention what we would be hearing from them about? Are they still doing masters interviews or did they not mention any of that stuff.
All they said was “they’re still reviewing applications and will hear back within 2-3 weeks.” Don’t know if there’s still an interview part or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I know they sent out the official letters a couple of days ago, and the email said you need to commit by April 9th. Crazy. If you haven't heard I would reach out to the admissions board, there could be some tech errors.

Just wondering- Is Kean anyone's top choice school here? If so, why?
Someone in a different thread said they reached out to them and they said it should be another 2-3 weeks for the admission decisions?

Someone in a different thread said they reached out to them and they said it should be another 2-3 weeks for the admission decisions?
I believe @DYOT123 is referring to the doctorate program acceptances. As far as I know, the masters program hasn’t started accepting yet. Based on the last time I talked to them, they should be contacting us either this week or next week.. but it seems like they’re very behind.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I just spoke to them again. Interviews (including web interviews) will not be held anymore due to the COVID pandemic. Final decisions are being made this Friday, April 10th, based on our applications. Accepted students should be receiving an email either that day or possibly a few days after. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Okay, I just spoke to them again. Interviews (including web interviews) will not be held anymore due to the COVID pandemic. Final decisions are being made this Friday, April 10th, based on our applications. Accepted students should be receiving an email either that day or possibly a few days after. Good luck everyone!!!

thank you so much for letting us know!

I got into the Masters program. I’m so freaking happy!!

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks so much for the info! Just curious, how much time did they give you to put a deposit down? Sorry for so many questions!
There’s no exact time they gave me. They said it would be a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No haven’t heard anything yet! hopefully within the next few days

I’m wondering if all the accepted students already got their letters and none of them are in this forum..? The class size for Kean is about 30 students from probably over 600+ applicants. :( Negative way to look at it but it could be true.

I’m wondering if all the accepted students already got their letters and none of them are in this forum..? The class size for Kean is about 30 students from probably over 600+ applicants Negative way to look at it but it could be true.
Maybe, but I'm wondering why they wouldn't also send the rejection letters too

I’m thinking there waiting for the first round of accepted students to either accept or reject their spot to send out the next round of acceptances. They prob won’t send out rejections until they have a definite class size. That’s just a thought though!

I’m thinking there waiting for the first round of accepted students to either accept or reject their spot to send out the next round of acceptances. They prob won’t send out rejections until they have a definite class size. That’s just a thought though!
I just want to know when we would find out of acceptance or rejection just because it's already so late

I just want to know when we would find out of acceptance or rejection just because it's already so late
I know me too!! I feel like hopefully by next week we’ll have a decision! Did anyone get accepted anywhere else?

I know me too!! I feel like hopefully by next week we’ll have a decision! Did anyone get accepted anywhere else?
I got into Seton Hall and Quinnipiac! But Kean is the closest to me & cheapest so have been waiting on that. What about you?

I got into Seton Hall and Quinnipiac! But Kean is the closest to me & cheapest so have been waiting on that. What about you?
I got into LIU and USciences! Ugh I know Kean is also my top choice.

I got into Seton Hall, Stockton, and NYIT. If I don’t get into Kean then I’m committing to Seton Hall.

So jealous that you got into SHU I was waitlisted. Also I am a Quinnipiac Alumni!!! I thought QU doesn't have an MSOT program only a 5 year.

I got into Seton Hall, Stockton, and NYIT. If I don’t get into Kean then I’m committing to Seton Hall.
Congrats! Im waiting on Kean but praying I get of Seton Hall, NYU and Columbia's waitlist!!! Were you given a day you have to give a decision by for Seton Hall? Good luck with Kean!

I just noticed on Kean’s MSOT site it has a little paragraph about application status and how they are still reviewing. HOWEVER, of you scroll down, there is also a paragraph for ”admitted students”...... What do we think? Has anyone heard?

I got accepted to Kean yesterday ! And I have also been admitted to NYU. I so thankful, but I have very difficult decision.
I was accepted to school in Michigan that I will not be attending.

I got accepted to Kean yesterday ! And I have also been admitted to NYU. I so thankful, but I have very difficult decision.
Congrats!!! I was choosing between NYU & Kean too but ultimately committed to Kean. Hope to see you there!

Congrats everyone who got accepted! Did they give you a deadline?

So jealous that you got into SHU I was waitlisted. Also I am a Quinnipiac Alumni!!! I thought QU doesn't have an MSOT program only a 5 year.
I currently am a senior at Quinnipiac! They just started their first OTD program starting this summer so that is what I got into!

Congrats!! Did they notify you by email?

I'm guessing Kean might've already sent out acceptances from what it seems like? And the rest are rejections, I'm not sure. Do you think it's worth calling the school and asking?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! I was choosing between NYU & Kean too but ultimately committed to Kean. Hope to see you there!

Thank you! I was actually going to reach out to you because I saw the conversation you created NYU vs Kean. What helped you make the ultimate decision I’m sure it most connected to cost s. Any thought you may would be helpful !

Thank you! I was actually going to reach out to you because I saw the conversation you created NYU vs Kean. What helped you make the ultimate decision I’m sure it most connected to cost s. Any thought you may would be helpful !
Check your messages :)

Tbh, I might’ve forced them to tell me if I was accepted or not because I emailed them asking for my status lol. Maybe try emailing them too!

This is so frustrating. I'm am not sure why everyone doesn't get a decision at the same time.

Reactions: 1 users