General Admissions & OTCAS Kean University MSOT 2020 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could you elaborate a bit more? Like, did they mention what we would be hearing from them about? Are they still doing masters interviews or did they not mention any of that stuff.
All they said was “they’re still reviewing applications and will hear back within 2-3 weeks.” Don’t know if there’s still an interview part or not.
 
I know they sent out the official letters a couple of days ago, and the email said you need to commit by April 9th. Crazy. If you haven't heard I would reach out to the admissions board, there could be some tech errors.

Just wondering- Is Kean anyone's top choice school here? If so, why?
Someone in a different thread said they reached out to them and they said it should be another 2-3 weeks for the admission decisions?
 
Someone in a different thread said they reached out to them and they said it should be another 2-3 weeks for the admission decisions?
I believe @DYOT123 is referring to the doctorate program acceptances. As far as I know, the masters program hasn’t started accepting yet. Based on the last time I talked to them, they should be contacting us either this week or next week.. but it seems like they’re very behind.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I just spoke to them again. Interviews (including web interviews) will not be held anymore due to the COVID pandemic. Final decisions are being made this Friday, April 10th, based on our applications. Accepted students should be receiving an email either that day or possibly a few days after. Good luck everyone!!!
 
Okay, I just spoke to them again. Interviews (including web interviews) will not be held anymore due to the COVID pandemic. Final decisions are being made this Friday, April 10th, based on our applications. Accepted students should be receiving an email either that day or possibly a few days after. Good luck everyone!!!

thank you so much for letting us know!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m wondering if all the accepted students already got their letters and none of them are in this forum..? The class size for Kean is about 30 students from probably over 600+ applicants. 🙁 Negative way to look at it but it could be true.
 
I’m thinking there waiting for the first round of accepted students to either accept or reject their spot to send out the next round of acceptances. They prob won’t send out rejections until they have a definite class size. That’s just a thought though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into Seton Hall, Stockton, and NYIT. If I don’t get into Kean then I’m committing to Seton Hall.
Congrats! Im waiting on Kean but praying I get of Seton Hall, NYU and Columbia's waitlist!!! Were you given a day you have to give a decision by for Seton Hall? Good luck with Kean!
 
I just noticed on Kean’s MSOT site it has a little paragraph about application status and how they are still reviewing. HOWEVER, of you scroll down, there is also a paragraph for ”admitted students”...... What do we think? Has anyone heard?
 
I got accepted to Kean yesterday ! And I have also been admitted to NYU. I so thankful, but I have very difficult decision.
I was accepted to school in Michigan that I will not be attending.
 
I got accepted to Kean yesterday ! And I have also been admitted to NYU. I so thankful, but I have very difficult decision.
I was accepted to school in Michigan that I will not be attending.
Congrats!!! I was choosing between NYU & Kean too but ultimately committed to Kean. Hope to see you there!
 
Congrats!!! I was choosing between NYU & Kean too but ultimately committed to Kean. Hope to see you there!

Thank you! I was actually going to reach out to you because I saw the conversation you created NYU vs Kean. What helped you make the ultimate decision I’m sure it most connected to cost s. Any thought you may would be helpful !
 
Thank you! I was actually going to reach out to you because I saw the conversation you created NYU vs Kean. What helped you make the ultimate decision I’m sure it most connected to cost s. Any thought you may would be helpful !
Check your messages 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad