General Admissions & OTCAS Kean University MSOT 2020 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pOTentialOT

Reaction score
I wanted to make this thread for anyone waiting to hear back from Kean for an interview and/or acceptance this year. I've been so anxious and I'm hoping I'm not alone in the process!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I haven't heard anything back from them yet except that my application is "under review." Good luck to you!

I've also been waiting! Hopefully, we hear some good news back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting as well! Have you heard back from any other schools?

I have heard from Salus, Stockton and Gwynned Mercy; waiting for Kean, Wesley and Temple (there was a problem with my application). How about you?

I am waiting for Kean, Wesley, Seton Hall and just an admission decision from Stockton after the interview!

Hopefully we hear from Kean soon! From last year's forums it seemed like people already heard of decisions and if they got an interview

I’ve heard back about an acceptance from NYU and waitlist from Columbia. waiting for the decision letter from Stockton. And still waiting to hear back from Kean, Seton Hall, and Bay Path.
the waiting game is killing me!

I got acceptances from Hofstra, Salus, Clarkson and Sacred Heart and declined an interview with Stockton. Waiting on NYU and Kean but Kean is my top choice! Hoping we all hear back soon!

I can't believe that none of us would not have been invited to interview, so I am assuming they still haven't sent interview invites yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email for an interview for Kean's OTD program and I was informed that after those interviews are completed, they'll be looking through the Master's program applications! A staff member told me early to mid March

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email for an interview for Kean's OTD program and I was informed that after those interviews are completed, they'll be looking through the Master's program applications! A staff member told me early to mid March
Oh okay thank you! So we won't find out about interviews until March? Is this first year they have an OTD program, so it is taking a bit longer than past years?

Oh okay thank you! So we won't find out about interviews until March? Is this first year they have an OTD program, so it is taking a bit longer than past years?

I feel like that's really late to start interviewing- some programs start in May/June I was hoping to make a decision by then.

I feel like that's really late to start interviewing- some programs start in May/June I was hoping to make a decision by then.
Yea, it definitely is. Last year, it seemed like Kean already had interview invitations by early February.

I think so which is probably why this year they are having the Master's interviews so late :/ The last interview date for OTD is this Saturday, so hopefully we hear back for Master's starting next week or so!

Someone told me they got a letter in the mail saying they got denied from Kean. Has anyone else heard anything from Kean?

Word is that they’re currently reviewing applicants with last names that start with “C”. Spring break is next week. So chances are that the application process will be delayed until break is over. Hopefully that’s not the case. Hope this helped.

Reactions: 2 users
Word is that they’re currently reviewing applicants with last names that start with “C”. Spring break is next week. So chances are that the application process will be delayed until break is over. Hopefully that’s not the case. Hope this helped.
Thanks for the update

Have you gotten any response back from the OTD program yet?

Has anyone else heard from the Kean OTD program about getting accepted? I haven’t heard anything yet and am curious as to what is going on.

Updating you all: I just heard from the OTD program about getting accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard from the Master's program yet? It seems unusual how late it is getting.

Has anyone heard from the Master's program yet? It seems unusual how late it is getting.

Nope, I can only imagine how difficult it is to get everything figured out with the lockdowns going on right now. I'm assuming that if interviews are being held - it'll be through a webcam since Kean is technically closed.

Has anyone heard any updates that applied for the Masters? Its getting so late!

Haven’t heard anything! I wonder if they are going to skip over interviews at this point? It feels super late to start interviewing people. I also feel a little stress because their program starts in July I believe, so I feel like we should hear soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard any updates that applied for the Masters? Its getting so late!
I talked to them a week ago.. they said we should be hearing back either next week or in two more weeks.

Has everyone taken the Introduction to Occupational Therapy course there before applying? I figured I would take that course if accepted, but obviously would not have that opportunity now. Anyone know if it's offered over the summer?

Has everyone taken the Introduction to Occupational Therapy course there before applying? I figured I would take that course if accepted, but obviously would not have that opportunity now. Anyone know if it's offered over the summer?
I believe it’s offered in the summer yes!

Yes I’ve taken it, I went to Kean for undergrad. I’m not 100% positive but it should be available for summer classes. They offer an online option for that class too so that could be available during the summer.

I know they sent out the official letters a couple of days ago, and the email said you need to commit by April 9th. Crazy. If you haven't heard I would reach out to the admissions board, there could be some tech errors.

Just wondering- Is Kean anyone's top choice school here? If so, why?

I talked to them a week ago.. they said we should be hearing back either next week or in two more weeks.
Could you elaborate a bit more? Like, did they mention what we would be hearing from them about? Are they still doing masters interviews or did they not mention any of that stuff.