l-Official-l 2007 Interview Invites T-Y part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruel joke from UMDNJ-NJMS this morning..... email subject "NJMS News!" from some M.D.

It was the ! that got me, really. But no, no interviews for swim2md still...... just some lame-ass news bulletin. Grrrrr.

Members don't see this ad.

Did Cornell's interview invite disappear from the website for any of you guys?

jbonebob2000 said:

Did it randomly show up in the middle of the night only to disappear come morning?

That would anger me, yea and verily.

Members don't see this ad :)
jbonebob2000 said:

Yeah, it did for me, after I got the email notice.

Temple: Erina, dottore07, zimmie256, sintheta, Mickeyd4d, ilovehedgehogs(8/17 email)
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota, Y_Marker, Snowkhat (email 8/9), DoubleU, runningmom (email), BlackBantie (email 8/16)
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom, jota_jota, Y_Marker (email)
UMDNJ-RWJ: yoyoyankee (email 8/10), trpng0bily (email 8/16)
University of Arizona: Green Arrow (snail mail, 8/9)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess, caristra (e-mail), HelenaP, ordeliacay, butterflyk, Smokey, LuMD2011 (7/17 Email), swtiepie711 (email 8/14)
University of Kentucky: clarabelle (8/9 email, IS), SeminoleFan3 (8/9 email, OOS)
University of Louisville: clarabelle (8/2 email, IS)
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30) , mmmkay121, Anastasis (OOS, 8/8), ordeliacay (OOS, 8/10) caristra (OOS, 8/10), NoktorNoL (OOS, online notification 6/30), Smokey, RDood
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21, RDood, BKadow (OOS)
University of New Mexico: diegot505 (email, in-stater)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23), LarissaC, mmmkay121, dude1344 (chose 9/11), tch001 (sub 8/10, invite 8/11, chose 10/16), Hednej (Chose 10/9, email), Go Time (invite 8/14), dottore07, RDood, scentimint (submitted 8-1, complete 8-10, invited 8-18)
University of Rochester: Caristra (MSTP, invite by e-mail), LittleriRich (invite by e-mail 8/8), Zyzzyva100 (via email, 8/9), ilovehedgehogs (email 8/9,complete 8/1)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), FrogDoc07, pkboi24
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email), Zuerst, jillibean, richspiders07, FrogDoc07 (email), pkboi24
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst, richspiders07, pkboi24, windsen (snail mail 8/4)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email), FrogDoc07 (email), pkboi24
University of Vermont: tangledupinblue (email 8/8, OOS), DrVanNostran (email, 8/8)
University of Virginia CavalierMD (snail mail- big envelope!), ilovehedgehogs, joanofarc0907, OofWillis, DoubleU (snail mail), hlchess, NoktorNoL (snail mail, 8/11), Erina
University of Wisconsin: leahmaria (email 8/17)
USUHS: UtProsim (email 8/15)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS), MaiPenRai (8/3), sintheta (8/4), yoyoyankee (7/24), Looque (8/11), foofish (7/24)
Virginia Commonwealth: booswim542, jillibean, m0nkeymanxx (status update email)
Wayne State: ChymeChancellor, booswim542, thewarehouse (snail mail)
Weill/Cornell: ordeliacay (status page, then email 7/25), holyawkward (status page), CaramelDLite (Complete: 8/3 status page 8/11), yoyoyankee (status page 8/10), Smokey

l-Official-l 2007 Interview Invites A-S
2007 Wall of Shame

Awesome, Scenti!!!! Does that make you the first non-automatic invite??

Either way, congrats!!! :D

Wahoo!! congrats scentiment !

woohoo, i didn't have to buy a new plane ticket! i'm already going to p-burgh in october, so i was able to change my ticket to one day later for a mere $25.

YAY Scentimint! I am so excited for you. and I just added Pittsburgh to my AMCAS yesterday. lol. You might wanna write in the MSTP part too so people know that MSTP apps are moving there.
Must fill out that secondary!

Caristra said:
YAY Scentimint! I am so excited for you. and I just added Pittsburgh to my AMCAS yesterday. lol. You might wanna write in the MSTP part too so people know that MSTP apps are moving there.
Must fill out that secondary!
Thanks...it was an MD-only invite though. That's excellent that you added them! It is an awesome school.

For those of you that had the Cornell invite disappear - was there a new message on the status page, or did it go back to the "Your application is complete and under evaluation. It is a long process. Please be patient" message?

Members don't see this ad :)
dottore07 said:
For those of you that had the Cornell invite disappear - was there a new message on the status page, or did it go back to the "Your application is complete and under evaluation. It is a long process. Please be patient" message?
mine went back to this as well. no worries.

jbonebob2000 said:
It went back to the old message for me :(

If you don't mind me asking, when were you guys complete there? Have you gotten an e-mail or something or have you just been checking the status page a lot?

I'm started to get frusticamacated.

okay, thought i'd ask. for those of you with temple interviews, did you notice changes in your status page close to the time you got your email? mine used to have all my recommendors listed and now it just has my school listed. i just hope that means good things, not bad :oops:

spospo said:
okay, thought i'd ask. for those of you with temple interviews, did you notice changes in your status page close to the time you got your email? mine used to have all my recommendors listed and now it just has my school listed. i just hope that means good things, not bad :oops:

I am still waiting to hear from Temple, but they switched the order of my recommenders :laugh: So who knows whats going on there :eek: :eek:

jbonebob2000 said:
It went back to the old message for me :(

Just got an email response from Cornell saying they are having system issues and to disregard the status mistake. It should go back to the correct status soon :)

CaramelDlite said:
Just got an email response from Cornell saying they are having system issues and to disregard the status mistake. It should go back to the correct status soon :)

What would suck is if people who DID NOT get interviews had their page switch to saying they had an interview then to have it revoked :scared:

DrVanNostran said:
I am still waiting to hear from Temple, but they switched the order of my recommenders :laugh: So who knows whats going on there :eek: :eek:

yeah, they kept doing that with mine. every day it was a new order. now all it says is my university.......weird. maybe it means that they think we are really cool or something like that :thumbup:

spospo said:
yeah, they kept doing that with mine. every day it was a new order. now all it says is my university.......weird. maybe it means that they think we are really cool or something like that :thumbup:

Or they really know how to mess with our heads :smuggrin:

spospo said:
they switched the order of mine, too.... but i thought if i pointed it out before you guys would think i was crazy for noticing something like that.

unfortunately, i think it means nothing because i've been complete since 8/2 and haven't heard anything. :(

swim2md said:
they switched the order of mine, too.... but i thought if i pointed it out before you guys would think i was crazy for noticing something like that.

unfortunately, i think it means nothing because i've been complete since 8/2 and haven't heard anything. :(

Mine still says the name of my school (committee letter). I guess it is hard to shuffle when you only have on item. :laugh:

CaramelDlite said:
Yeah, it did for me, after I got the email notice.

Mine went back to the old message too :(
CaramelDlite, did Cornell send you an email notice on their own inviting you to an interview?? My status page [once] showed that I was offered an interview, but they never emailed me with the interview invite so it was kind of weird.. was this the same case for all of you?? Thanks!

edit.. nevermind i JUST got their email!

Temple: Erina, dottore07, zimmie256, sintheta, Mickeyd4d, ilovehedgehogs(8/17 email)
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota, Y_Marker, Snowkhat (email 8/9), DoubleU, runningmom (email), BlackBantie (email 8/16)
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom, jota_jota, Y_Marker (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess, caristra (e-mail), HelenaP, ordeliacay, butterflyk, Smokey, LuMD2011 (7/17 Email), swtiepie711 (email 8/14)
University of Kentucky: clarabelle (8/9 email, IS), SeminoleFan3 (8/9 email, OOS)
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30) , mmmkay121, Anastasis (OOS, 8/8), ordeliacay (OOS, 8/10) caristra (OOS, 8/10), NoktorNoL (OOS, online notification 6/30), Smokey, RDood, TSK (IS, status page)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23), LarissaC, mmmkay121, dude1344 (chose 9/11), tch001 (sub 8/10, invite 8/11, chose 10/16), Hednej (Chose 10/9, email), Go Time (invite 8/14), dottore07, RDood, scentimint (submitted 8-1, complete 8-10, invited 8-18)
University of Rochester: Caristra (MSTP, invite by e-mail), LittleriRich (invite by e-mail 8/8), Zyzzyva100 (via email, 8/9), ilovehedgehogs (email 8/9,complete 8/1)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), FrogDoc07, pkboi24
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email), Zuerst, jillibean, richspiders07, FrogDoc07 (email), pkboi24
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst, richspiders07, pkboi24, windsen (snail mail 8/4)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email), FrogDoc07 (email), pkboi24
University of Vermont: tangledupinblue (email 8/8, OOS), DrVanNostran (email, 8/8)
University of Virginia CavalierMD (snail mail- big envelope!), ilovehedgehogs, joanofarc0907, OofWillis, DoubleU (snail mail), hlchess, NoktorNoL (snail mail, 8/11), Erina
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS), MaiPenRai (8/3), sintheta (8/4), yoyoyankee (7/24), Looque (8/11), foofish (7/24)
Weill/Cornell: ordeliacay (status page, then email 7/25), holyawkward (status page), CaramelDLite (Complete: 8/3 status page 8/11), yoyoyankee (status page 8/10), Smokey

2007 Wall of Shame

Adding Texas Tech

Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom, jota_jota, Y_Marker (email), jillibean
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30) , mmmkay121, Anastasis (OOS, 8/8), ordeliacay (OOS, 8/10) caristra (OOS, 8/10), NoktorNoL (OOS, online notification 6/30), Smokey, RDood, TSK (IS, status page)

2007 Wall of Shame

To those of you that have heard from Wayne State, when was your AMCAS verified?

Thanks! :)

TSK said:

AMCAS was verified on June 6th

TSK said:

I was verified around mid-June. Don't worry if you haven't gotten the invite yet. I only knew because I was calling to check my status and they told me the date of the interview then. If your wondering if anything has happened just call them and they will be happy to give you an update.

TSK said:

verified june 30th, OOS

spospo said:
verified june 30th, OOS

I just called WSU, I was verified July 12th---I am still under review for a secondary application. Hopefully we get it in the next wave :luck:

DrVanNostran said:
I just called WSU, I was verified July 12th---I am still under review for a secondary application. Hopefully we get it in the next wave :luck:

i got mine in the 2nd wave, i was nervous i had been rejected but then it showed up in my mail. it took a week to get to me though. post marked aug 7th got to my house aug 14th

spospo said:
i got mine in the 2nd wave, i was nervous i had been rejected but then it showed up in my mail. it took a week to get to me though. post marked aug 7th got to my house aug 14th

Mail is quite slow coming out of Detroit for some reason. I can actually get mail from San Antonio faster than from Detroit... (I live in West Michigan).

Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom, jota_jota, Y_Marker (email), jillibean
University of Wisconsin: bucky_badger (email 8/14 IS), leahmaria (email 8/17)

2007 Wall of Shame

University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst, richspiders07, pkboi24, windsen (snail mail 8/4), Anastasis (snail mail, 8/18)

2007 Wall of Shame

University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23), LarissaC, mmmkay121, dude1344 (chose 9/11), tch001 (sub 8/10, invite 8/11, chose 10/16), Hednej (Chose 10/9, email), Go Time (invite 8/14), dottore07, RDood, scentimint (submitted 8-1, complete 8-10, invited 8-18) hopefully07 (chose 10/03)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst, richspiders07, pkboi24, windsen (snail mail 8/4), Anastasis (snail mail, 8/18)

2007 Wall of Shame [/QUOTE]

Just checked the status page for UCLA and they requested an interview from me!!! So excited:) It said they requested it 8.18.

wow awesome. UCLA sending out invites already. btw, when were you complete at UCLA?

UCLA: LuMD2011 (status page, 8/18)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23), LarissaC, mmmkay121, dude1344 (chose 9/11), tch001 (sub 8/10, invite 8/11, chose 10/16), Hednej (Chose 10/9, email), Go Time (invite 8/14), dottore07, RDood, scentimint (submitted 8-1, complete 8-10, invited 8-18) hopefully07 (chose 10/03)

2007 Wall of Shame

University of Vermont: tangledupinblue (email 8/8, OOS), DrVanNostran (email, 8/8), sonyvaio2700 (email 8/15, OOS), wiki23 (email 8/15, OOS), microbugs (email 8/15, OOS)

2007 Wall of Shame

University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30) , mmmkay121, Anastasis (OOS, 8/8), ordeliacay (OOS, 8/10) caristra (OOS, 8/10), NoktorNoL (OOS, online notification 6/30), Smokey, RDood, TSK (IS, status page), Teerawit (MSTP, OOS, 8/18)
University of Vermont: tangledupinblue (email 8/8, OOS), DrVanNostran (email, 8/8), sonyvaio2700 (email 8/15, OOS), wiki23 (email 8/15, OOS), microbugs (email 8/15, OOS)

2007 Wall of Shame

[Teerawit]Temple: Erina, dottore07, zimmie256, sintheta, Mickeyd4d, ilovehedgehogs(8/17 email)
University of Kentucky: clarabelle (8/9 email, IS), SeminoleFan3 (8/9 email, OOS), JDUB44 (8/19 email oos)
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30) , mmmkay121, Anastasis (OOS, 8/8), ordeliacay (OOS, 8/10) caristra (OOS, 8/10), NoktorNoL (OOS, online notification 6/30), Smokey, RDood, TSK (IS, status page), Teerawit (MSTP, OOS, 8/18)

2007 Wall of Shame

JDUB44 said:
[Teerawit]Temple: Erina, dottore07, zimmie256, sintheta, Mickeyd4d, ilovehedgehogs(8/17 email)
University of Kentucky: clarabelle (8/9 email, IS), SeminoleFan3 (8/9 email, OOS), JDUB44 (8/19 email oos)
Virginia Commonwealth: booswim542, jillibean, m0nkeymanxx (status update email), monkeymeg2

2007 Wall of Shame

Can someone change something on the list for me, since I don't want to ruin any formatting :)

I am on the Pritzker list twice, and on the Vanderbilt list it needs to be added that I received my invite by snail mail on 7.26

Thanks for this and the congrats on UCLA, for whoever asked, my app was at UCLA on 8.4 and my letters on 8.8

LuMD2011 said:
Can someone change something on the list for me, since I don't want to ruin any formatting :)

I am on the Pritzker list twice, and on the Vanderbilt list it needs to be added that I received my invite by snail mail on 7.26

Thanks for this and the congrats on UCLA, for whoever asked, my app was at UCLA on 8.4 and my letters on 8.8

I am on the same timeline, just reverse the LOR and app.
Out of curiosity did you take spanish?

narc said:
I am on the same timeline, just reverse the LOR and app.
Out of curiosity did you take spanish?

I am curious about the spanish also.

We are in about a 1/5 pool to get an interview from UCLA, if we get the secondary right? It became my number one choice recently :laugh:

ooo could someone add me back to wisconsin please? also lumd CONGRATS on ucla, you should be proud!! :)

University of Chicago (Pritzker): sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess, caristra (e-mail), HelenaP, ordeliacay, butterflyk, Smokey, LuMD2011 (7/17 Email), swtiepie711 (email 8/14)
University of Wisconsin: bucky_badger (email 8/14 IS), leahmaria (email 8/17), sintheta
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011 (invite by snail mail, 7/26), jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS), MaiPenRai (8/3), sintheta (8/4), yoyoyankee (7/24), Looque (8/11), foofish (7/24)
Virginia Commonwealth: booswim542, jillibean, m0nkeymanxx (status update email), monkeymeg2

2007 Wall of Shame

Check this list and make sure that you are on it if you should be.

If you want to make sure you don't delete yourself or others off the list, make sure you find the most recent list (you may have to scroll down to the newest posts to find it), hit the big REPLY button, and remove the QUOTE tags from the very beginning and end of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.