Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering why I had not received my secondary from here, and sure enough, it was in my spam folder. Stupid gmail.

pretty dumb, huh! happened to the best of us...I have looked at it and have been trying to see why it gets spammed, but I can't figure it out yet.

Oh well, you're still really early...good luck with it

Members don't see this ad.

Is it bad to ask and see if they have sent me a secondary? I still haven't (don't think...) received one, even though I was released 6/24 and have good stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an idea of when interviews will begin? I think they started in July last year but they sent out their secondary a little later than normal.

Anyone have an idea of when interviews will begin? I think they started in July last year but they sent out their secondary a little later than normal.

Yeah this has been puzzling me too.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=815683

First SDN-noted date of an interview invite was 7/7/2011. Not sure how long the secondary was "delayed" but my guess would be within the next week or two (or they may have already started since SDN is such a small sample size).

just to confirm you only send your LORs to lecom if you get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty dumb, huh! happened to the best of us...I have looked at it and have been trying to see why it gets spammed, but I can't figure it out yet.

Oh well, you're still really early...good luck with it

I was wondering why I had not received my secondary from here, and sure enough, it was in my spam folder. Stupid gmail.

So glad I read this... Just looked today and the secondary was in my spam

:thumbup: for no essays though!

I tried submitting and paying and it told me "amount was not valid". I went back to the supplemental application and it said "Thank you, if you had trouble we'll contact you in a few days". I clicked the "Erie Supplemental Application" link to see the progress, and it came up blank. When i went back, the "thank you" message was gone and a new secondary was started.

I'm going to have to call them tomorrow. Is anyone else unimpressed with the secondary application software?

Submitted, now we play the waiting game...

To anyone who submitted their secondary:

After you submitted your secondary how long did it take for your status to change?

I submitted my secondary a few days ago. When I went to pay for it, the internet connection went out and I was never able to put in my card information. Somehow, however, my application was submitted and is listed as "in progress." I got the conformation email and everything. What do I do about paying for it though? Would they still have my card information from applying for Bradenton? Do you think I should call them?

Thanks for the help!

Do you guys know how responsive they are with emails? They're really taking their time responding...almost as slow as nova :rolleyes:

I called today about my payment not working and they sent me a link to submit payment within about 1 hour.

Submitted :p

I called LECOM Erie to ask about receiving a secondary, and they said they haven't sent out secondaries yet. lol what?:confused:

Secondary submitted today! Thanks for the heads up about the spam folder everyone.

And I just confirmed with admissions over the phone that they don't need to have your LORs before sending interview invites, but if you're sending LORs to other schools and want to get it out of the way you can go ahead and send them now and they'll add them to your file.

I love that they send out recruiting emails (even if they are to everyone). It make me feel so special...a few of these other schools could take a hint!

Not everyone...I didn't get one! :(

I love that they send out recruiting emails (even if they are to everyone). It make me feel so special...a few of these other schools could take a hint!

Haha...it's actually so true! I should print them out and make a wall of 'feel good' emails to stare at.

'they like me, they really like me!' haha

Dear ,
My name is Dr. Moore, and I noticed on your AACOMAS application that you indicated your interest in LECOM (Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine) for your medical education. First of all, congratulations for your decision on medicine as a career, beginning the application process, and for completing the AACOMAS application; I know it can be daunting.
I encourage you to find out more about LECOM and our programs by visiting our web site at www.lecom.edu . LECOM has five distinct learning pathways leading to the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree, which are taught here in our modern, well-equipped facilities. The website will also be a source of information about Erie, PA and the surrounding area. To my mind, this is the perfect place to gain your medical education: a small-town setting, with many activities available when you need them, but close enough to a bigger city for those times you really need to get away. The combined cost of tuition and living expenses is also among the lowest in the nation, and there are scholarships available that may lower the cost even further.
Here are a few facts about LECOM of which you may not be aware:
LECOM
…is the largest medical school in the country
…has the second lowest tuition among all private medical schools in the country
…has a 100% pass rate on the COMLEX I exam thus far this year (7/16/2012) (the USMLE equivalent exam for osteopathic students… WELL above the national average)
…has the nation's only three-year curriculum leading to the DO degree (the Primary Care Scholars Pathway, or the Accelerated PA Pathway)
…is the only osteopathic medical school in the country that owns its own teaching hospital
… has as a faculty member and associate, Carlo DiMarco, DO, who has been President of the American Osteopathic Association
In order to complete your application you will need to complete the secondary (supplemental) application in addition to the application you filled out for AACOMAS. It is not too late to do this; will take only 5 minutes, and does not require an additional essay. If you have not received a username and password from us to access the supplemental application, please let me know. Another note: you do not need to have your letters of recommendation in hand to complete and submit the secondary application; you may send them in at any time after being granted an interview using Interfolio, VirtualEvals or ground mail.
Feel free to contact me at any time through the contact information below if you have any questions. Again, congratulations on beginning the process, and best of luck to you.
Sincerely,
Dr. Moore
Dr. James K. Moore
Vice President of Institutional Development
Director of Recruitment
LECOM
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
1858 West Grandview Boulevard
Erie, PA 16509-1025
814-860-5160
[email protected]

There you go. Pretty generic, but a nice touch in such a cold process.

Thanks EnergyDrink.

I have a hunch that I didn't get the email because MCAT score isn't submitted yet (i.e. my app is somewhere piled with dusts...lol)

Last year, the first interview date was July 29th. The invite for that interview went out 7/8/11. So typically, invites will come out around 3 weeks ahead of the first interview. If you are invited schedule as soon as you can, as the interview groups fill up quickly.

Who did you talk to on the phone? Every time I call, I get transferred and no one picks up. In an email they said it should be resolved within a few days. Its been more than a week now. I just want them to take my money!

Last year, the first interview date was July 29th. The invite for that interview went out 7/8/11. So typically, invites will come out around 3 weeks ahead of the first interview. If you are invited schedule as soon as you can, as the interview groups fill up quickly.

Thanks for the advice...

Based on last year's timeline of the secondary being sent to the first interview invite being sent out, today could be a day of good news! It took about 10 days between the two and the invites went out on a Thursday.

:xf:

Based on last year's timeline of the secondary being sent to the first interview invite being sent out, today could be a day of good news! It took about 10 days between the two and the invites went out on a Thursday.

:xf:

I hope you are correct! :xf: