Leaving College Honors Program and Medical Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fishmonkey1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in a rather difficult but not particularly well known Honors Program at a fairly good private university. If I decide the workload becomes too burdensome or the grades a little low, how much would it hurt me to leave the Honors Program? It will show all honors classes first semester and then none potentially for the rest of the four years. Will med schools view that negatively?
 
I doubt it will make any difference. If you are worried, just be sure to have an answer as to why you left the program. I was in the honors program at my university and it was going to keep me from graduating in 4 years because they required so many extra courses, so I dropped it. If I am ever asked about it, this is the answer I plan on giving (although much more eloquently).