LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed Thursday and found out I have been wait listed. I am really upset because I keep getting wait listed, even LECOM in Erie. I don't know what seems to be the problem, I have a 3.50 gpa, I have pharmacy experience, I will have a BS in May, my interviews seem to go well. I guess I should just give up on going to pharmacy school in the fall! :(
I guess you still have a great chance of getting in because the waiting list will be ranked. In fact, they accept alot of people from that list.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed Thursday and found out I have been wait listed. I am really upset because I keep getting wait listed, even LECOM in Erie. I don't know what seems to be the problem, I have a 3.50 gpa, I have pharmacy experience, I will have a BS in May, my interviews seem to go well. I guess I should just give up on going to pharmacy school in the fall! :(

Hmm what's your science gpa and your pcat score? Don't give up, people apply to so many schools there's going to be seats opening up constantly as people get accepted to other places that they might prefer, I'm sure you're going to get in somewhere!

My science gpa is a 3.0 and I will have a BS, therefore, no pcat score. How do they rank the waiting list? Thanks for the positive thoughts guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
My science gpa is a 3.0 and I will have a BS, therefore, no pcat score. How do they rank the waiting list? Thanks for the positive thoughts guys!

don't worry! I was on the waiting list and I was accepted last week. I am also giving up my seat to go elsewhere, and so have some others. That'll open up seats, good luck :)

don't worry! I was on the waiting list and I was accepted last week. I am also giving up my seat to go elsewhere, and so have some others. That'll open up seats, good luck :)

Thanks a lot! If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview, and what was your gpa? I hope I'm not being too personal, also do you know how they rank the wait list? Thanks again!

Hey I was one of the tour guides on thursday at 10:45 interview group. My advice is keep calling Lauren and tell her how much you want in, my friend did same thing and he got in. If you have any other questions feel free to email me, you have my email.. bpatel2290@gmail

BTW for any of you that have questions feel free to email me, I am in my first yr here at LECOM. So I know what you guys are kind of going through..

Hey I was one of the tour guides on thursday at 10:45 interview group. My advice is keep calling Lauren and tell her how much you want in, my friend did same thing and he got in. If you have any other questions feel free to email me, you have my email.. bpatel2290@gmail

BTW for any of you that have questions feel free to email me, I am in my first yr here at LECOM. So I know what you guys are kind of going through..

you are right....lauren told all of us to keep in touch..this way she knows that you are interested and that will help a lot in ur admission process...btw i was in your group for campus tour..loll

Accepted this past Monday!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, when you submitted the supplemental application online, how long did it take for this campus to process your application and have the status change to under committee review? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am accepted to LECOM Bradenton and Texas Tech HSC, I love both school and cannot decide. Please help me make a good decision, I have one more day to send my deposite! Thanks a lot.

Hi, congratz to all who have accepted to Lecom COP Bradenton class of 2012.
I received my matriculation package today, and Lecom's guideline requires all students having a PC based laptop. Macbook is not supported even with bootcamp.
Unfortunately, I just got my macbook recently :( so i don't really want to get another PC.Do u guys know if there are current students using macbook? and do they have any problems with this? Thanks a lot.

Hey all...I just had an interview last Thursday (3/22) and I found out yesterday I was placed as an alternate. As lecomB is my top choice I plan on writing a letter of intent and to keep in touch with the school. I was just wondering if anyone who was on the wait list and was accepted has any advice?

lol, LFpharmD, I dont know why they said that on the package, but there are TONS of people in my class have Mac laptop, dont worry about it at all.

Hey I had my interview at Bradenton on 3/22 too, If you don't mind what is your status says on the portal right now?

It says "the admissions committee has not yet made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." so I called Lauren and she told me I was placed as an alternate. I look at it as at least I wasn't rejected. Have to think positive. :)

It says "the admissions committee has not yet made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." so I called Lauren and she told me I was placed as an alternate. I look at it as at least I wasn't rejected. Have to think positive. :)

do you have a bachelors degree? what is your GPA? how did you do in the PCAT? what was your score?

do you have a bachelors degree? what is your GPA? how did you do in the PCAT? what was your score?
Yes, my degree is in biology with a minor in chemistry. My gpa is low, 3.1 overall and 2.7 science, thanks to a bad run in orgo 2. I'm in the 56th percentile for my PCAT, which I thought was low but my interviewer commented that it was good enough to make up for my low gpa and shows I understand the material. So that was good news.

Yes, my degree is in biology with a minor in chemistry. My gpa is low, 3.1 overall and 2.7 science, thanks to a bad run in orgo 2. I'm in the 56th percentile for my PCAT, which I thought was low but my interviewer commented that it was good enough to make up for my low gpa and shows I understand the material. So that was good news.

You will get in, maybe they will take a little longer to let you know. my case is, i have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, and 3.72 Science gpa, no bachelors, just pre-req, and 16th percentile on PCAT. 36 in bio, 38 in chem, 39 in math, 4 in reading and 48 in verbal, cum is 16%. they put me on waiting list too. i tols them pcat is not only the thing they should look for, its the total package. i have good gpa, i have experience, and i had interview and the lady liked me, so i am still hoping positive result from lecom, but if not, then oh well, its my luck. but i am sure you will get in, just dont loose hope. did you get accepted anywhere else?

Rx2015, out of curiosity why did you submit your PCAT score for your applications? That seems to be the only thing holding you back with all your other stats but the 16% is throwing them off.

Rx2015, out of curiosity why did you submit your PCAT score for your applications? That seems to be the only thing holding you back with all your other stats but the 16% is throwing them off.

I had to submit my PCAT score, because i dont have a BA or BS degree. if i had a BS or BA degree, then i would of never sent my pcat score, and i would of write an essay or something. i have explained them why it was bad and etc.. and i have told them just they should not just look at the pcat score, look at the overall thing, and if overall is good, they can overlook onething, u know, but i dont think they did.

Originally Posted by Rpatel56

May I ask if the writting prompts at both schools are the same?

Hi guys ! I had an interview on march 22th and i just found out i got put in the alternate list ! Do you guys know if they rank it ?

Hi guys ! I had an interview on march 22th and i just found out i got put in the alternate list ! Do you guys know if they rank it ?

they said they don't rank the alternate list but I doublt it. I think they're already full but still interviewing for alternates so they don't lose revenues if there are so many turn down their seats. Did you have to write a short essay or you have PCAT score?

lol, LFpharmD, I dont know why they said that on the package, but there are TONS of people in my class have Mac laptop, dont worry about it at all.

May I ask if you know anyone in your class didn't have pharmacy experience or volunteer work before got accepted? Thanks

I was wondering, what's my chances to get accepted in LECOM, NOVA? my situation is my average GPA is 3.5, My science gpa is 3.72, I have pharmacy experience, my PCAT sux, 16% cumulative. my interview went fairly good, and both of those school put me on alternate list. i just want to know, based on my above scores, gpa, etc.. what is my chances to get accepted to those above schools? :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I was wondering, what's my chances to get accepted in LECOM, NOVA? my situation is my average GPA is 3.5, My science gpa is 3.72, I have pharmacy experience, my PCAT sux, 16% cumulative. my interview went fairly good, and both of those school put me on alternate list. i just want to know, based on my above scores, gpa, etc.. what is my chances to get accepted to those above schools? :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone would know your chance. Once your on the alternate list, it just depends on how many people give up their spot to go to another school, and then they start accepting people off the alternate list. From what I remember, one of the student tour guides told me LECOM ranks their list and he was like the last one of the list but he was still able to get accepted. But it all depends b/c the number of people giving up their spot varies from year to year. You'll just have to wait patiently from now till the beginning of class, b/c they can accept ppl off the alternate list anytime from now till then.

Just wondering, why didn't you retake the pcat?

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone would know your chance. Once your on the alternate list, it just depends on how many people give up their spot to go to another school, and then they start accepting people off the alternate list. From what I remember, one of the student tour guides told me LECOM ranks their list and he was like the last one of the list but he was still able to get accepted. But it all depends b/c the number of people giving up their spot varies from year to year. You'll just have to wait patiently from now till the beginning of class, b/c they can accept ppl off the alternate list anytime from now till then.

Just wondering, why didn't you retake the pcat?

i did take the pcat, but didnt prepare enough, i just took it for fun, and end up with 5%, i am very bad at test taking on computer, because i cannot highlight, etc.. but it doesnt mean, i dont know the materials, its just, i dont have the skills for computerized test, but if they offer it again now, i bet i will score more than 80%, i know what to study for, and how to do it. but i dont want to wait another year just for pcat, if not nova or lecom, i have famu and mcphs to think abt, i have interviews coming up there. but since nova is close to my house, i wanna go their, otherwise second is lecom, but if none, then i have to think alternative.

I declined my seat earlier this week and a lot of people in my interview group did not have lecom as their first choice. I believe seats will continue to open up so don't lose hope if you are on the alt list and want to attend lecom.

^^ same here... Don't worry bro, I'm sure you will get a call soon. It can even take up until the week before school starts for you to get it... Just relax and enjoy life until then.

I took the PCAT, but didn't do so well :( . I also got put in the alternate list at MCPHS.

I took the PCAT, but didn't do so well :( . I also got put in the alternate list at MCPHS.

I had the interview on march 22 as well. Not sure if I know you on that day. I just found out I was accepted today by calling Lauren. However, I will decline my seat. As some of the students above declined their seats , I think you will be filled in. Good luck.

There must have been a lot of people declining their seats or canceling their interviews, because I am now invited for an interview. Though, I didn't apply until late February. :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone, I will be flying in to Tampa, FL on 4/11/12 for my interview at LECOM-B on 4/12/12. What is the most convenient and cheapest way to get from the TPA airport to the school? Have anyone used the Service by Rob listed on the travel information packet sent by LECOM? If you rented a car, which rental company would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone, I will be flying in to Tampa, FL on 4/11/12 for my interview at LECOM-B on 4/12/12. What is the most convenient and cheapest way to get from the TPA airport to the school? Have anyone used the Service by Rob listed on the travel information packet sent by LECOM? If you rented a car, which rental company would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

I rent a car from Enterprise at the airport, drove about 1 hr to Wingate hotel, very nice place to stay , tell them to offer you the price for student coming to the interview at Lecom. Good luck

Hey Vietpharm2012, if you don't mind, What was your portal saying until 04/05? I had my interview on 03/22 too but my portal still saying " The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." and when i called Lauren (very nice lady) she told me they still didn't put me in wait list, not accepted, not rejected either. In the air. I was waiting a grade for one of my class and When I got it last week I called her back and she told me to email it for her and I did. I don't even know what to think, just wishing for the best.

Last edited:
Hey Vietpharm2012, if you don't mind, What was your portal saying until 04/05? I had my interview on 03/22 too but my portal still saying " The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." and when i called Lauren (very nice lady) she told me they still didn't put me in wait list, not accepted, not rejected either. In the air. I was waiting a grade for one of my class and When I got it last week I called her back and she told me to email it for her and I did. I don't even know what to think, just wishing for the best.

It said the ad com has made decision on yr app. You wil be receiving the official letter in 10 days.

I declined my seat earlier this week and a lot of people in my interview group did not have lecom as their first choice. I believe seats will continue to open up so don't lose hope if you are on the alt list and want to attend lecom.

How do we turn in decline letter? Cuz I got only agreement letter to send back with the check. Thanks

How do we turn in decline letter? Cuz I got only agreement letter to send back with the check. Thanks

you can either email them to withdraw your application/decline your spot or just don't send them a check and they'll automatically close your application once the deadline that they gave you to send in your money passes.

you can either email them to withdraw your application/decline your spot or just don't send them a check and they'll automatically close your application once the deadline that they gave you to send in your money passes.

Ic. Thanks

Hey. I am a P1 at LECOM-B and I can tell you that a macbook will be fine. They won't officially support it but there are plenty of people with macbooks here that have no issues.

I wonder how many seats they have already filled....and how many are still open.

Last edited:
Hey I am interviewing this Thursday (4/18). I was very late applying and my recommendation letter was holding me up. As soon as it got in I was sent an interview request. My gpa is a 3.3 with a 3.1 science. I am receiving my bachelors this fall. I was wondering what the interview process was like? I know they will be asking about my course history but anything else that was unexpected?

Thanks!

I interviewed in early April and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I am accepted. I love the school, the only thing I am really worried about is that I was interviewed so late in the year, what do you think my chances of getting in are? My GPA is okay but not great 3.1, my PCAT scores are horrible but I took them in January to see how I did without studying, I am taking it again this coming July. I am also volunteering in a local hospital pharmacy this summer because I have no pharmacy experience.

I wonder how many seats they have already filled....and how many are still open.

Did you call Lauren? She should be able to tell you your status.