LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just received my interview invite for the 3/18 at 8 am and am pretty excited because it is one of my top choices. Wish me luck. Any advice from anyone that interviewed with them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received my interview invite for the 3/18 at 8 am and am pretty excited because it is one of my top choices. Wish me luck. Any advice from anyone that interviewed with them?
Don't give long responses trying to impress them, keep it brief but sufficient. They tell you not to in the beginning but there's always one or two people in each breakout group who do it and it's cringey, the interviewers get obviously annoyed and have to repeat "give short responses" multiple times throughout the interview lol. Other than that, it's pretty easy. You can split screen your Zoom with a word doc with notes and you even have time to google stuff while others are responding, which leads me to another point. There isn't a set order that people talk in and they don't call on you, your turn is when you make it your turn. Don't be passive and wait to be the last person on every question, but don't be that person that always has to be first to the punch. (Fwiw, I was accepted.) Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when they will start putting people on the waitlist?

Don't give long responses trying to impress them, keep it brief but sufficient. They tell you not to in the beginning but there's always one or two people in each breakout group who do it and it's cringey, the interviewers get obviously annoyed and have to repeat "give short responses" multiple times throughout the interview lol. Other than that, it's pretty easy. You can split screen your Zoom with a word doc with notes and you even have time to google stuff while others are responding, which leads me to another point. There isn't a set order that people talk in and they don't call on you, your turn is when you make it your turn. Don't be passive and wait to be the last person on every question, but don't be that person that always has to be first to the punch. (Fwiw, I was accepted.) Good luck!

Yeah definitely keep answers brief and to the point. It seemed like everyone except me in my interview group was trying to give these long, drawn out monologues while trying to name-drop every activity they have ever done in undergrad to seem more impressive even when it was nowhere near relevant to the question. I was the last person to respond on every questions and I still got in, I thought it was respectful to let other people go first if they wanted and it gave me time to think of answers. It's probably more how you answer the questions than the order you answer them in that will make you stand out.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification Date: 1/27
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: June 30
Application complete date: July 5
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: February 24, 2021
Method of interview: Virtual

Edit: They called on 1/28 to move my interview up from 3/25 to 2/4

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows--not all the interviewers let you answer in whatever order you want. My professors called on people in a random order for each question :)

Just so everyone knows--not all the interviewers let you answer in whatever order you want. My professors called on people in a random order for each question :)
So did mine! Also want to reiterate how important it is not to have super long answers. They were obviously annoyed with those specific people and kept mentioning to keep it short. Also, with it being a group interview you can hear everyone’s answers, so try really hard on saying something different! I never said a common answer, and also kept it short and sweet and got in on dec 15

Just withdrew my interview invitation. Hope it will come to some of you. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So did mine! Also want to reiterate how important it is not to have super long answers. They were obviously annoyed with those specific people and kept mentioning to keep it short. Also, with it being a group interview you can hear everyone’s answers, so try really hard on saying something different! I never said a common answer, and also kept it short and sweet and got in on dec 15
You don’t have to strive to have the most unique answers to be accepted. Be yourself, be genuine to you. I was accepted in Dec last year and I agreed with people on some answers and some were more unique. What they want to see is how you work in a team setting, so always having the most unique answer is not necessary to get in. Just make sure if you agree with someone to state why briefly in your own words, so you can add your own personal thoughts on it!

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will come out?
Most likely in the next couple of weeks, once they see who accepts/declines from the January batch.

They called you to change it? That’s weird, I wish I could get my date moved up lol
Feel free to email Chandler and let her know you wish to be moved to an earlier date if a spot opens up. However, make sure to keep Thursdays open if you do this because it could be a more last minute invitation.

You don’t have to strive to have the most unique answers to be accepted. Be yourself, be genuine to you. I was accepted in Dec last year and I agreed with people on some answers and some were more unique. What they want to see is how you work in a team setting, so always having the most unique answer is not necessary to get in. Just make sure if you agree with someone to state why briefly in your own words, so you can add your own personal thoughts on it!
I completely agree! I think the value of the group interview was to see how you interact with fellow students. Speak to your own experiences and that will shine. Of course people will have similar answers to some questions and that is OK. The purpose of this isn't to stand apart by having new or original thoughts. It is mostly a chance to see how you interact with others, what your "vibe" is, and how well you can articulate your thoughts. Compliment your fellow interviewees and show you're listening by drawing on what others had said. I think it's good to jump at the questions because it shows you're excited and engaged BUT do not be a time hog and give everyone a chance.

Feel free to email Chandler and let her know you wish to be moved to an earlier date if a spot opens up. However, make sure to keep Thursdays open if you do this because it could be a more last minute invitation.
Who is that? Do you know their email?

Do you think someone with a 19 still has a decent chance at getting and interview this late?

Do you think someone with a 19 still has a decent chance at getting and interview this late?
19AA is above average so I would say YES it is definitely possible. I would recommend sending a letter of interest.

For the people who interviewed already, how long does it usually take?

For the people who interviewed already, how long does it usually take?
The program starts at about 8am and ends at about 12:30pm. The actual interview portion is about an hour. It's very relaxed and chill.

Does anyone know if lecom is still sending out interview invites?
I think they tends to interview until April but rolling basis. This cycle is an odd one though, so we can’t tell but contact the admission

I just got an interview invite today! Soonest available date was April 1st 😩

I already sent a letter of interest so I guess they're just gonna reject my application in the not-too-distant future

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will go out?

How do you know about the few spots?
Keep in mind that no one knows the actual amount of available seats left except for the admissions comittee. Until they cancel interviews or stop sending out interview invites, then there are still seats available.

You cannot use the number of members in the Facebook group as a gauge to determine the number of seats because there are likely several upperclassmen in that group to help answer questions.

How do you know about the few spots?
Keep in mind that no one knows the actual amount of available seats left except for the admissions comittee. Until they cancel interviews or stop sending out interview invites, then there are still seats available.

You cannot use the number of members in the Facebook group as a gauge to determine the number of seats because there are likely several upperclassmen in that group to help answer questions.
Joker16z Is probably right. I am sorry I made an assumption based on how late it is in the cycle and the tone and the words she chose in telling us about the feb 16th date.. It's a statement I made up with no actual information, for all I know there could be many spots left open.

Reactions: 1 users
Is is too late to send a letter of intent? I haven't heard anything from LECOM and it's one of my top choices. However, I'm not sure what their stance is on LOI- I heard that some schools see it as pushy.

Is is too late to send a letter of intent? I haven't heard anything from LECOM and it's one of my top choices. However, I'm not sure what their stance is on LOI- I heard that some schools see it as pushy.
I sent a letter of interest and received a response, but haven't heard from them since

If you have interviewed you could. If you have not, I would send a letter of interest. Save a letter of intent for once you have interacted with the people at the school and experienced if you feel you will fit or not. But regardless of which you send, LECOM does like people expressing interest, so either way it can’t hurt anything!

My status for LECOM on AADAS changed to “none” does anyone know if that means I’m rejected?

It still says under review.
I would watch the LECOM portal over AADSAS. It typically has more detail about what’s going on with your file. Wouldn’t pay much mind to AADSAS. Once the portal changes to a decision being made that means you’re either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, and would likely hear within a few days. If it still says under review, then I would assume you’re most likely not rejected, and they haven’t made a decision yet.

My status for LECOM on AADAS changed to “none” does anyone know if that means I’m rejected?
It is pretty routine for LECOM to change your status to "None" after the interview. By no means is this a rejection. It is just a default status for this school after your interview. Some people get "under review" and some get "none", all depends on who was working on the files that day. Same meaning, just a different name.

As a side note I got the same status update after my interview a couple of years ago.